Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City is now ''Tap'' Central

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Nah, he's just an arsehole.

He's great craic seriously, worthy of a fiver.

he's a funny guy,and he's old stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Ha ha ha. Yeah. Right.

Fúck off.

(Bring on the card)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

greencap wrote: »
    Fúck off.

(Bring on the card)

I'm impressed it took you two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

As the approach you take the box out and offer them one before the ask you, bet the will avoid you because the think your after something.

I recall the day in question i was pre-occupied by a particularly hearty turkish.

It was the choice of to respond or to toilet myself.

Priorities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I recall the day in question i was pre-occupied by a particularly hearty turkish.

Priorities.

Some might have said you were scared.

Some might have said you were scared.

Some might have been told to fůck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,877 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Priorities.

Two months on the toilet? Must have been one hell of a dump.

(I know, I know; "**** off"....)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Two months on the toilet? Must have been one hell of a dump.

(I know, I know; "**** off"....)

I logged off that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Welcome to Tap Quarter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Doop

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I don't know what the problem is. If anyone asks me for a smoke I'll give them one no problem cause I know what it's like to be gagging for a smoke and it's no skin off my nose to give one away.

I'll even give them a light (shock, horror).

When it comes to cash if I've any on me I'll probably give it away because why not? It doesn't hurt my pocket to give an odd fiver away. If If I don't have any on me I'll just state politely that I don't have any cash.

Fail to understand why people get so stressed over these things.

You're the reason the rest of us get hassled so..

Pleanty of problems with it...
    - Its intimidatory to lots of people.
    - Its ****e for tourism
    - You never know how some will react..ive had some yoke scream and shout at me because I said no I'd no cash while standing outside a pub at 3 in the afternoon.
    - These people get plenty of my money as it is (tax)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I don't know what the problem is. If anyone asks me for a smoke I'll give them one no problem cause I know what it's like to be gagging for a smoke and it's no skin off my nose to give one away.

I'll even give them a light (shock, horror).

When it comes to cash if I've any on me I'll probably give it away because why not? It doesn't hurt my pocket to give an odd fiver away. If If I don't have any on me I'll just state politely that I don't have any cash.

Fail to understand why people get so stressed over these things.

Very good chance its for drugs

It means they see the city centre as a supply zone and hassle tourists

No one wants junkies dotted all around the city 24/7

There was a similar thread about this and the issue for me is having all the methadone clinics and needle exchanges in the city as opposed to where the people who need it are from. ie if they live in Kildare, go to Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I was asked for change for a "warm bed tonight" by a girl on south william street last night. i felt bad for her as it was a cold night but i'm not handing out drug money.

can anyone answer this conclusively - do homeless people need to pay for their hostel beds? if so, presumably they have to beg for cash. Are there free hostel beds? do they get the dole ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Not a problem for me. Then again, I have the appearance of somebody looking for spare change.
    :D
    That's a good idea!! - I must stop wearing my armani suit and rolex when I go strolling along the boardwalk*

*Sarcasm, please don't try this - you WILL be robbed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Typical quick witted Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I was asked for change for a "warm bed tonight" by a girl on south william street last night. i felt bad for her as it was a cold night but i'm not handing out drug money.

can anyone answer this conclusively - do homeless people need to pay for their hostel beds? if so, presumably they have to beg for cash. Are there free hostel beds? do they get the dole ?

Around 50 euros a week for an STA bed ,as far as I know all ONO or CWI are free.
    STA is Short Term Accommodation, ONO is one night only and CWI is cold weather initiative.

Nearly everyone has a welfare payment of some sort.

Advertisement