Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones

1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

I meant QC35 II...

Sorry yes, would be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

wingnut wrote: »
    Amazon.co.uk did these for £89 new on prime day. I wanted the QC but couldn't bring myself to hand over the cash, so happy enough with the Sennheisers.

Got mine and happy enough with them so far. First pair of ANC wireless headphones so nothing to compare to. Have only used them in the house so far. The noise cancelling is decent but not spectacular. It cuts out the low ends of sounds. They clamp the head quite strongly but hopefully loosen with time.

Although B stock they arrived as new and with a 2 year warranty. Very happy with them overall. Nice price point to dip my toe into as well rather than going the €300+ route.

ive a guy here at work bought them same week as i got the xm2s

very nice pair for that price and certainly do a job for office etc. no comparison in nc for traffic, airplane etc tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I travel a fair bit for work and would imagine these are what I need..... But I cannot justify really anything more than a hundred quid (I can justify it perfectly but the better half would cut my nuts off). I received a great set of Philips Bluetooth headphones as a gift last Xmas. But they are useless on a flight.

Could someone recommend a set for a hundred quid that are wireless but are good on a flight? Or do I really need to be spending double even triple that?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I travel a fair bit for work and would imagine these are what I need..... But I cannot justify really anything more than a hundred quid (I can justify it perfectly but the better half would cut my nuts off). I received a great set of Philips Bluetooth headphones as a gift last Xmas. But they are useless on a flight.

Could someone recommend a set for a hundred quid that are wireless but are good on a flight? Or do I really need to be spending double even triple that?

Thanks in advance.

I'm in the same boat and I've narrowed my choice down to the Sennheiser 4.50BTNC

A lot of reviews are saying they are as good as the QC35's but for half the price.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/sennheiser-hd-450-btnc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

All this talk of the xm3 is getting me thinking. I have the mdr1000x and I’m delighted with them, but I’m tempted to sell them for the xm3.
    Did anyone get to compare both headphones?
    Any idea what price I would expect to get for my mdr’s? They are mint condition with all accessories still in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I called into my local expert electrical (BUY IRISH LADS) this morning with a fistful of fivers burning a whole in my hand. They didn't have the 4.50BTNC in stock but it turned out that unless you specifically want noise cancelling the Sennheiser 4.40BT is actually a better buy from an audio point of view. Brought 'em home and threw them on. The included 3.5mm to 2.5mm wire is a waste of time and is finickey to fit. I couldn't hear much difference sound wise either way. After playing around with the EQ settings on my Galaxy S7, I found a setting I liked. I have had one or two slight skips during the day using BT but that is over a good 6 hours use, 6 hours of comfortable use at that. I was a little disappointed listening to some rock stuff, vocals seem a little muddy. Jazz, classical and modern bassy pop have been very good. Overall I am happy with the purchase so far. If you can't justify spending more than €100 or so, as I coudn't at the current time these are a great bet. I'm looking forward to getting home to my own house (staying in my fiancés place this weekend) and connecting to them to my amp and seeing is there much of an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dubliner999

I'm a bit lost with this thread. Where's the best place to get the qc 35s now?

I remember seeing it's in duty free and will be there tomorrow. Still the case or?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

I'm in the same boat and I've narrowed my choice down to the Sennheiser 4.50BTNC

A lot of reviews are saying they are as good as the QC35's but for half the price.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/sennheiser-hd-450-btnc

Noise cancelling is defo better on the BOSE. Audio quality seemed similar to me. Happy enough with the senheiser but if money was nó object is have got the bose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭micks_address

bergipau wrote: »
    All this talk of the xm3 is getting me thinking. I have the mdr1000x and I’m delighted with them, but I’m tempted to sell them for the xm3.
    Any idea what price I would expect to get for my mdr’s? They are mint condition with all accessories still in the box.
    I guess you might get 100 euro. For. The xm1.
    I am currently on a transatlantic flight with the xm2 and they are awesome. I can't imagine the XM3 being night and day better. So no itch to upgrade.. I might demo the XM3 in store if I see them during the week.

• Advertisement

I am currently on a transatlantic flight with the xm2 and they are awesome. I can't imagine the XM3 being night and day better. So no itch to upgrade.. I might demo the XM3 in store if I see them during the week.

100 seems very low for a set of headphones which were 350 15 months ago. If that’s all I get for them then I’ll hang onto them. They are worth way more to me.

100 seems very low for a set of headphones which were 350 15 months ago. If that’s all I get for them then I’ll hang onto them. They are worth way more to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

bergipau wrote:

150/160 on adverts. A broken pair sold for 130

they xm2 or the older type again?

they xm2 or the older type again?
    The mdr 1000x, they were the latest model 12 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Finally bit the bullet after reading reviews of the xm3s. Can't believe I've just spent that much on headphones!
    Got them this morning. My god these things are amazing! The noise cancelling is like nothing I've experienced before. Had the sound blaring from the TV when I turned it on and didn't even notice it!

Won't be on a bus for a week or so or a flight for probably three weeks but look forward to seeing how they perform!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

Does anyone ever have issues with the QC 35's switching themselves off and restarting every couple of minutes?

Only happens when connected through the phone and not through the laptop..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

morchgally wrote: »
    Does anyone ever have issues with the QC 35's switching themselves off and restarting every couple of minutes?

Only happens when connected through the phone and not through the laptop..

Make sure firmware is up to date if, so send them back get a fresh set.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Make sure firmware is up to date if, so send them back get a fresh set.

That done the trick, updated through the USB cable rather than the Bose connect app. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This thread has been a great resource but its going more away from the original bargain the longer it goes on.

The Heaphones forum is more relevant for any other questions, thanks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement