Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NOW TV Sky Sports Day Pass 99p

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I have these codes running at the same time as a free 14 day trial of entertainment and movies and works fine. Then I setup a new account using a new card and buy another code and it works the same. The ebayer I linked was extremely helpful to me when I had all these questions hence me figuring all this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

The Darts were on Sky One last night so I compared the NOW TV time compared to that of Sky One and it was 47 seconds for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

starface wrote: »
    The Darts were on Sky One last night so I compared the NOW TV time compared to that of Sky One and it was 47 seconds for me.

Interesting, why is that delay there?

Probably getting a bit off topic here but I think it's because it's streamed rather than using satellite so delays are naturally longer?

Have still to use a couple of the codes I bought from the above seller...saving them for this weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

TBH I find a lot of the free streams available for matches to be superior to NowTV. It has good picture quality but the video seems a bit choppy at times (when watching live football anyway), as if there's a missing frames or something, and that's on my well spec'd pc with 200mb+ connection. It's astonishing that they can charge for that when I can get it free elsewhere (legalities aside).

• Advertisement

Pelvis wrote: »
    TBH I find a lot of the free streams available for matches to be superior to NowTV. It has good picture quality but the video seems a bit choppy at times (when watching live football anyway), as if there's a missing frames or something, and that's on my well spec'd pc with 200mb+ connection. It's astonishing that they can charge for that when I can get it free elsewhere (legalities aside).

Yeah but those illegal streams are so prone to not working and crashing I find. Different strokes for different folks I suppose but a quid isn't gonna break the bank. I haven't found any issues with the streaming quality thus far anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

MuddyDog wrote: »
    I have these codes running at the same time as a free 14 day trial of entertainment and movies and works fine. Then I setup a new account using a new card and buy another code and it works the same. The ebayer I linked was extremely helpful to me when I had all these questions hence me figuring all this out.
    Hiya, sorry ..
    Can I please ask a coupla questions...
    (1)  you use a 'new card' ? 
    Do you mean a new credit card?
    If so.. where do you get all the new credit cards?
    (2) Has anyone used this on a smart tv? 
    I have a not tv app on the telly.. but I presume it will come from the Irish app store??
    (or maybe not?)

Thanks

vidapura wrote: »
    Hiya, sorry ..
    Can I please ask a coupla questions...
    (1)  you use a 'new card' ? 
    Do you mean a new credit card?
    If so.. where do you get all the new credit cards?
    (2) Has anyone used this on a smart tv? 
    I have a not tv app on the telly.. but I presume it will come from the Irish app store??
    (or maybe not?)

Thanks

I have 2 debit card and a couple of revolut cards and skrill cards and a normal credit card and then the missus has almost as many so that's how!

I use it on my PS4...I created a new user on my PS4 and set the country to the UK and use the NOW TV app on that user without issue.

Sorry,
    Wasn't trying to pry.. was just wondering if you used those disposable cards...

ok.. I will have a look at the nowtv app on the tv after the ulster match and see if I can set the country to uk.

Thanks again for all your help on this.

vidapura wrote: »
    Sorry,
    Wasn't trying to pry.. was just wondering if you used those disposable cards...

ok.. I will have a look at the nowtv app on the tv after the ulster match and see if I can set the country to uk.

Thanks again for all your help on this.

Haha yes I know it's ok! Did you manage to set it to the UK? I'm using one of my last day passes today for the Man Utd and Liverpool games later.

• Advertisement

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Did you manage to set it to the UK? I'm using one of my last day passes today for the Man Utd and Liverpool games later.

Nahh.. I tried the free alternative first.. got Smart IPTV app onto my telly and then got a free trial with a premium IPTV supplier..
    Tried to watch the Munster match on Sunday with it.. but my broadband (Imagine Broadband) was crap.. down to like 7.5Mbs or something ... so twas like watchin stop motion animation...

I suppose 5:30pm on a Sunday arvo is peak time..

Imagine Broadband was ok when we moved out the country first..cos we do get 50Mbs a lot of the time.. but it seems to be crapola when the pressure comes on.. not happy ..

I want to try eliminate the telly as a possible problem (could just be underpowered.. an LG thingy) ... just waiting for a long hdmi cable to arrive.. to try the laptop with it instead...

But basically.. before I go any further with streaming I think I need to sort out the broadband..or the device.... NowTV or anyone else is going to be the same story if the broadband/device ain't up to it..

Again tho.. thanks for letting us all know bout these passes...

Anytime vidapura!

Thread's gone on a bit so gonna post the link again here to aid people in finding it as the link in the OP is broken:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOW-TV-Sky-Sports-Day-Pass/272969602075?hash=item3f8e41941b:g:R-4AAOSwe6FaJodS

Advertisement