Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

1116117118119120122»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm not sure Nate could even make 155 anymore.

WTF is this, on what basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    WTF is this, on what basis?

Because the last time he fought he weighed tree hundred pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Nate can make 155, doesn't mean it'll be a nice cut though. He looked fairly skeletal against Johnson, even in the cage when he was re-hydrated. Nate for me is someone who is kind of always been between weight classes, he'd prob be most comfortable at about 160-165.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Crazy world if Nate gets to fight Conor at 155 and gets the belt. I'd imagine he won't hold it for long if he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    A few things with Nate. How much would he want for the fight, I'm sure he'll ask for more than he should get and negotiations would be tough. As above, yupp would be mad if he won the belt, I'd be beaming for him even though I'd be rooting for Conor but I'd say Dana would have a sniper on standby to take him out of that did happen. I think it's the fight to make anyway, winner of Lee/Tony then gets the shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The UFC are never, ever going to want Diaz becoming champion. Imagine the hassle they would have with him if he was to win the belt. I find it hard to think that they'll take the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

McGregor via Submission
    Paully D wrote: »
    The UFC are never, ever going to want Diaz becoming champion. Imagine the hassle they would have with him if he was to win the belt. I find it hard to think that they'll take the risk.

They won't really have any hassle. If he turns down opponents like he's already being doing since his last fight, they'll just strip him of the belt. They set a precedent with Germaine de Randamie.

It's actually not that big of a deal if he wins the belt, it's the fact that it'd mean Conor lost again is the bigger issue there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

martyos121 wrote: »
    They won't really have any hassle. If he turns down opponents like he's already being doing since his last fight, they'll just strip him of the belt. They set a precedent with Germaine de Randamie.

It's actually not that big of a deal if he wins the belt, it's the fact that it'd mean Conor lost again is the bigger issue there.

Nate is a star too in his own way so it's not the worst case scenario. I think he would draw as the champion.

If Tony won the belt all the hardcores would cream themselves but the average joe won't care.

If Kevin Lee won the belt of Conor it's even worse...

Those reasons alone make me think it will be Nate 3 in December. They need to finish the year on the up.

Advertisement