Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

1294295296297298300»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Ta. Just wondered what connection to Dana it was.

Keeping Reebok and the gaffers happy, even when they're in the back seat on this ride.

Its a separate entity set up by Zuffa for the promotion of this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

She was terrible that night. The CD version is far better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭ooter

Lads, what time is the conference on tonight, and any one got a link for it? Thanks

Search for showtime on YouTube and you'll find it very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

Not another fuking conference how many times can they say the same thing over pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭threeball

Don't look at it as a flag, rather an item which Floyd was mocking him with, and then handed to him. He would have ****ed it back at him, no matter what it was.

There's been nowt of any substance said. That's why people are reaching for the racism angle.

This is fluff, just take it as so.

Seriously? Its my flag and its yours and its a disgrace that anyone never mind a man that proclaims to be so proud of his country should use it in such a manner.
    If he does that to an american flag tonight he'll be lynched.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »

Who Sinead? What about the internet version?

Two rounds Mayweather with the Haymaker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Syphonax wrote: »
    zzzzzzzzzzz
    UGH Gross lad
    Nah just wondering why ur getting a late night foggy dew hard on for Sinead O'Connor?

UGH
    erm maybe her head first into battle
    Not another fuking conference how many times can they say the same thing over pmsl
    Who Sinead? What about the internet version?
    Two rounds Mayweather with the Haymaker!!

Veil slips finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

threeball wrote: »
    Seriously? Its my flag and its yours and its a disgrace that anyone never mind a man that proclaims to be so proud of his country should use it in such a manner.

What do you think of flags having pictures and 'witty' slogans daubed across them? What do you think of them being tucked into someone's back pocket and dragged through the mud, or draped across someone's shoulders and having beer spilt all over them and cigarette burns put into them? They are not flags, the are pieces of cloth resembling the flag. My flag flies above Aras An Uachtarain, Leinster House, Landsdowne Rd, Croke Park. My flag is not one that has been bought for €2 in a Carrolls gift store and brought to a press conference by some pissed up student.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

threeball wrote: »

Floyd got the flag, and waggled about with it, in a desire to be booed by the "army."

It could have been a flag saying "McGregor sucks donkey balls." And gave it to Conor to hold. What was he going to do with it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

cletus wrote: »
    Its a separate entity set up by Zuffa for the promotion of this event.

I don't think so.

John Morgan asked Dana what the t-shirt meant and he declined to comment but the term "Zuffa Boxing" is neither a registered promoter in Nevada or LLC anywhere in America (so far) and is nowhere to be seen near this fight.

It's just a Reebok line of t-shirts (so far). I'm open to correction if you've seen something I haven't.

D.Q wrote: »
    PhilipsR wrote: »
    Veil slips finally.

Ding Ding

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Dana is getting the best vlog footage so far. Epic stuff.

I love the face to face and they're talking about betting the purse again. McGregor says "I'll bet it. I'm 28, I'll make it again. You're 40, you're never gonna make this money again"

Yeah, seeing Floyds gaffer come over, and hearing what he said was brilliant.  They near wet themselves at the "**** the Mayweathers."

I'm a pleb when it comes to brands, Zuffa Boxing?  Who's is that, is it new?

Zuffa Boxing - is the entity they set up to get this deal done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The last thing Sinead O'Connor needs to be right now is anywhere near Las Vegas or in any media spotlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

3:13 to 3:34

"I'm definitely going to carry the Irish flag, there's no doubt about it, that's what dreams are. That's what MY dreams are.... I know where I'm from and I'm going to go out there and represent my countrymen".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Whelo79 wrote: »
    What do you think of flags having pictures and 'witty' slogans daubed across them? What do you think of them being tucked into someone's back pocket and dragged through the mud, or draped across someone's shoulders and having beer spilt all over them and cigarette burns put into them? They are not flags, the are pieces of cloth resembling the flag. My flag flies above Aras An Uachtarain, Leinster House, Landsdowne Rd, Croke Park. My flag is not one that has been bought for €2 in a Carrolls gift store and brought to a press conference by some pissed up student.

I think you'll find that they are all pieces of fabric, the power with which you imbue them is your own creation and a narrative fed to us by groups in power. Nationalism by nature is also full of contradictions.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads, the thread is reaching the 10k limit..

New thread here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104079963#post104079963

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement