Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronan Keating is Talentless and Spoiled says Louis Walsh

• 05-12-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Only saw this now, but it does explain why Ro and Louis haven't seen eye to eye for quite some time.
    Louis Walsh: 'Ronan Keating is 'talentless' and 'spoiled'

By Independent.ie reporters
    Wednesday Nov 28 2012

X FACTOR judge Louis Walsh has said he believes fame went to Ronan Keating’s head, and that the singer was turned by the celebrity lifestyle.

In an interview with music bible Q magazine, the manager of Boyzone described Keating as ‘talentless’ and ‘spoiled’.

He told the magazine that fame went to Keating’s head, and that the Dubliner began to believe he was a great songwriter.

“His head got turned by having nice hotels and chauffeur-driven cars, and he thought he could write songs,” Louis said.

The talent judge said that Keating began to believe he was a superstar in the league of George Michael and Adele, but he insisted that Keating does not share the talents of the singer-songwriters.

“If you’re Ronan Keating, who was working in a shoe shop when I discovered him, but end of thinking you’re George Michael, then you need to be stopped.”

When asked if he thought Adele should not be a singer-songwriter, Walsh said firmly: “No, that rule is for people who have no talent, like Ronan Keating.”

The music manager formed Boyzone in 1993 as Irish competition to Take That.

The band enjoyed huge success with hits like 'Love Me for a Reason' and 'No Matter What', but split in 2000 when Ronan Keating and Stephen Gately decided to pursue solo careers.

Following Gately’s death in 2009, the band reformed but after slow business on a second tour, Louis Walsh parted company with them saying he was too busy and advised them to split up.

Ronan Keating’s released a solo album 'Fires' in the summer, which failed to ignite. It reached number 13 in the Irish charts in its first week of sale, and figures revealed it sold just 181 copies.

Since then Keating has spent a lot of time in Australia where he is a judge on the Australian X Factor.

- Independent.ie reporters

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Following Gately’s death in 2009, the band reformed but after slow business on a second tour, Louis Walsh parted company with them saying he was too busy and advised them to split up.

It would have put a bit more context on the article if they started it with this sentence...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,531 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No major fan of Ronan but he has talent. He was probably Boyzone's only member with genuine talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder would Lulu still not be a fan if Ronan wasnt a cheater :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I never thought I would se the day when I agreed with Louis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

So Walsh 'discovered' someone who has 'no talent'. How does that work?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Tell us how you really feel, Louis :)

If only Ronan's talent matched his ambition. He's not a great singer, but he made sure he was the lead man of the group all the same; he vetoed Colin Farrell from joining!

He wasn't literally discovered in a shoe shop, that is just Louis being a beeyotch. There were auditions.

God, I cannot believe I know this about a band I never even liked :(:( *morto*

I did feel sorry with regard to the false accusation against him, but Jesus... did he go on about it... He was on every two bit channel talking about it as if he'd been physically or sexually abused.

And this from the man who earns his living lying to kids and bullying kids in a talent show.. remember poor Brian Ormond, "You're gonna sell a million records"...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I love lulu :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Feets

Ronan totally thinks he has a god given right to sing, who funds his nonsense!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eyeroad yearowl one

Wow. Someone thinks RK is not a good singer/songwriter..... Controversial eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Legend..........

.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eyeroad yearowl one

mikom wrote: »
    Legend..........

.:pac:
    I wonder if it took him long to write that one :D

I wonder if it took him long to write that one :D

Well it only took 4 minutes and 38 seconds to destroy it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

His new album sold 181 copies.....

That's a dealbreaker right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭w124man

Dermighty wrote: »
    His new album sold 181 copies.....

I didnt realise his family was that big :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

w124man wrote: »
    I didnt realise his family was that big :D

Strongly inclined to flaunt the charter through inference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Only sold that many copies and still managed to get to no.13 in the charts?? Or am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Meangadh wrote: »
    Only sold that many copies and still managed to get to no.13 in the charts?? Or am I missing something here?

You're probably correct. An artist only has to sell 1 or 2 thousand albums in Ireland to be number 1 I believe. The number is very low anyway so almost 200 sales would put him up a good bit in the charts.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Strongly inclined to flaunt the charter through inference.

So we aren't allowed to have a little giggle every now and then are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

180 odd album sales and you can make it to number 13 in the Irish Charts?

LOL

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭arsenal1991

Can stand him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭bureau2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/louis-walsh-brands-ronan-keating-2243417

Lulu calls Ronan a karaoke singer and a wannabe George Michael
    I thought you meant the REAL Lulu!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

karaokeman wrote: »
    Only saw this now, but it does explain why Ro and Louis haven't seen eye to eye for quite some time.
    He says that about everyone,hes a professional bitcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Johnny31

gary barlow wannabe

Ronan was presenting on BBC 1 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭Water John

bureau2009 wrote: »
    I thought you meant the REAL Lulu!! :)
    You really dug up an old thread.
    Saw Keating singing with Lulu on TV some years ago. She was holding the mike at full arms length and he had his nearly down his throat and she was still blowing him away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think boyzone sold millions of records,.ronan keating is a good singer.
    To go on stage and entertain 1000,s of people takes talent.
    90 per cent of pop singers do not write songs or compose music .
    Most pop singers have 2 or 3 hit albums and then disappear as they are no longer popular or cool ,or their fans get older and stop buying cds.
    How many bands from the 90,s are still releasing albums or having hits in the charts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭spurshero

riclad wrote: »
    I think boyzone sold millions of records,.ronan keating is a good singer.
    To go on stage and entertain 1000,s of people takes talent.
    90 per cent of pop singers do not write songs or compose music .
    Most pop singers have 2 or 3 hit albums and then disappear as they are no longer popular or cool ,or their fans get older and stop buying cds.
    How many bands from the 90,s are still releasing albums or having hits in the charts ?
    Is that you Ronan ?

• Advertisement

spurshero wrote: »
    Is that you Ronan ?

I dont think it is. The composition of the post is too coherent although its close!

Advertisement