Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forums go to oldest pages on mobile

Options
  • 26-04-2020 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Title says it all. If I click on a forum title on the touch site, it goes to posts from 20 years ago. I'm sure it's been posted recently, but it's an issue prohibitive to using the site
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Same. Moving between first and last thread pages doesn’t resolve it either. Only workaround I’ve found is to mark the forum as read.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

So glad to hear I'm not the only one this is happening to........thought I'd done it myself,been driving me nuts!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Happens to me too

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Having the same issue. Have to refresh the page a few times for it to bring up the most recent threads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Happening to me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Happening here too, been like this for around 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Same issue here. Sometime a recent thread will appear at the top, then the rest are all from 20 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Same here, saw it posted in the feedback or help thread and admins are aware of it and looking into it but they said technical staff are scarce due to the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Same here

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Been this way a while. Usually takes a few refreshes to get back to the first page. Thought it was my imagination at first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

Funnily enough I actually tried to browse the feedback forum to see if it had been posted recently, but alas, it was bringing up posts from days gone by.

Good to hear I'm not the only one, as I said, I'm sure it has been raised already, and hopefully it's getting looked into.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Seems to be an issue whenever I open a forum e.g Bargain Alerts it loads the oldest post first from 15years ago I need to click another page and go back to page 1 to fix it but even at that it's randomly keeps happening has you go in and out of posts.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Threads merged.

======

Thanks for the reports guys, it is a known issue that we are trying to get to the bottom of at the moment. Sorry about the inconvenience, I know it makes it very difficult at times to get to the content you are looking for. We'll do our best to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I bumped one old post out of utter frustration. I took the infraction because it is absolutely infuriating. Havent been using the site as much purely because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

One workaround is to go "full site" on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Thanks for trying to sort this lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

michellie wrote: »
    Thanks for trying to sort this lads.

Glad I'm not the only one, posting this from May 2040!

P.S. watch out for Covid 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

davo2001 wrote:
    Happening here too, been like this for around 2 weeks.

This issue has been ongoing for months as opposed to a couple of weeks and well before any pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

My iPhone is actually fine only affecting my Android device which is now taking ages to even load boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭Tork

Maybe the weekend's slowdown was designed to make us grateful that the alternative (18 year old threads) wasn't so bad after all.

The issue with old threads should be resolved for the minute...it's temporary fix so may come back at a later stage. Thanks for your patience everyone.

The issue with old threads should be resolved for the minute...it's temporary fix so may come back at a later stage. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

This issue is back for me but this time on desktops :eek:

Anyone else seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Still the same for me on mobile and tablet.

Still working ok for me on Android, touch site, Firefox browser

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

As per title, it has been happening periodically for months now. Click into a forum and the first page is filled with threads from 2002. Refreshing once usually solves it, but in some forums it takes 5 or 6 times refreshing the page to get to current threads.

• Advertisement

Hi fullstop, we are aware of this issue but unfortunately fixing it is proving less straight forward than you might think and is affecting other things. For now, you will need to keep refreshing the page to get things back to the right time order. Sorry about that.

Advertisement