Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

White Pines Rathfarnham

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shan4321

Grassey wrote: »
    Looks like they've started work on the shop section this week.

Do you know what they are putting in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Shan4321 wrote:
    Do you know what they are putting in there?

No, footprint of the shop unit is 2/3rds the size of the lidl down the road is all I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Muraldinho

Another 241 apartments proposed: whitepineseastshd ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dee_LazyLady

Muraldinho wrote: »
    Another 241 apartments proposed: whitepineseastshd ie

Wow - and another 137 apartments on the other side of the road the "south" site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've no problem with them building more houses/apartments but the traffic is going to be unreal once they're all built and lockdown is a thing of the past. Ballycullen Road and Stocking Lane will be at a stand still between 8-9am every weekday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Muraldinho

I've no problem with them building more houses/apartments but the traffic is going to be unreal once they're all built and lockdown is a thing of the past. Ballycullen Road and Stocking Lane will be at a stand still between 8-9am every weekday.

Traffic in the moring was already backed up to the m50 bridge before anyone was living in White Pines South. Add 150 houses and 170 apartments on the south side plus 241 apartments on the east side, it's going to be insane

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dkiernan9

Anyone heard what shop is going into the commercial unit? According to Ardstone's SHD application, they have an end user for the unit but I am unable to find out who it is. I have heard various rumours over the last few months that it is Dunnes, Supervalu, Aldi and Tesco. Would be great to know what it will actually be.

dkiernan9 wrote: »
    Anyone heard what shop is going into the commercial unit? According to Ardstone's SHD application, they have an end user for the unit but I am unable to find out who it is. I have heard various rumours over the last few months that it is Dunnes, Supervalu, Aldi and Tesco. Would be great to know what it will actually be.

Would love it was Aldi but doesn't look big enough for one of their stores. Probably just a small Spar/Centra/Londis along with various other units like at the Woodstown shops

According to the plans it is all one unit. I have looked at the drawings and it has 1500 sq.m of floor space so it will be a supermarket.

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Planning/Details?p=1&name=ardstone&regref=SD19A%2F0345

dkiernan9 wrote: »
    According to the plans it is all one unit. I have looked at the drawings and it has 1500 sq.m of floor space so it will be a supermarket.

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Planning/Details?p=1&name=ardstone&regref=SD19A%2F0345

I didn't realise that, could be an Aldi in that case, that would be brilliant. Even a largish Dunnes/Tesco/Lidl would be good. Any idea when building will be complete? I'm guessing early next year

• Advertisement

They say the 3rd quarter of this year

I was talking to an acquaintance recently who works for Aldi in some sort of business development role. I asked her about the site and she knew straight away where I was talking about but would neither confirm nor deny Aldi were going in there. Make of that what you will

• Registered Users Posts: 1 humungus_dub

According to the Pleanala website, the first SHD at this estate (309836) has been approved :(

Obviously - it's a housing crisis and housing is desperately needed, but the entire area / estate is just turning into a build-to-let estate now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

• Registered Users Posts: 2 moc101

A picture of planning application up at the site at the moment, it is an update to allow some click and collect car parking spaces, does Aldi do click and collect?

It looks like the building of the crèche os almost finished, has anyone heard who will be running the crèche that will be opening there?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Aldi do click and collect. Lidl have been operating with no competition down the road for 7 years, so an Aldi would make sense.

There were rumours it might be a Dunnes, but it seems a bit small and close to Nutgrove for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Tesco express is the rumour down this neck of the woods based on the click and collect and some lads brother's, mates's cousins's husbandcomments who is working on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Definitely Tesco -I'm pricing some elements for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

New Tesco store is open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭fat bloke

FFS. For 20 years we've been promised a village centre behind dilapidated hoardings, and what do we get - a fcukin Tesco.

No cafe? No bar? No other shops? No community centre? Tesco is far as imagination stretches for public or community amenities.

What a load of b0ll0x.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Who promised you all that? And you sure as sh1t arent living in White Pines for 20 years. There's plenty of places in spitting distance, what exactly are you looking for??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Wow I hope you're my neighbour, you sound like a lovely fella. Enjoy your Easter eggs 3 for 5 euro. On just such a bedrock are communities made.

Having a Tesco is better than Dunnes/Supervalu but I think I'll still just go to the Lidl for picking up bits and pieces. It's pretty small and more like the Tesco express I used to frequent when I lived in Terenure village. Really would've preferred an Aldi but possibly too small for their shop template. I guess people who shopped in Tesco's already will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eastindian

Hi there, looking to buy on White Pines drive. The house I am looking at next to M50. Wondering if there is a lot of noise issues inside the house? Also has there been much problem from the residents of the nearby halting site and also any antisocial behavior? any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Hi - @youcancallmeal , @pauleoin - any responses as existing residents or living nearby wpuld be highly appreciated

I'm nearby and I also know someone with a young family living in White Pines. I understand there was some hassle initially with break ins but haven't heard of any issues since then. I have heard that kids from the halting site have been tormenting the staff in the new Tesco so in a strangely good way it's stopped them from causing hassle in White Pines perhaps

Thanks @youcancallmeal for your response. Appreciate it. Do you know if there are M50 noise issues in the area?

• Advertisement

I'm about 700 meters as the crow flies away from the m50 and I can't hear anything

Advertisement