Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-01-2019, 20:03   #91
dkiernan9

No planning yet for social housing. It has been put out for public consultation
Advertisement
09-01-2019, 20:12   #92
dkiernan9

People should engage in the consultation process. See south dublin county council website. There are issues with the halting site and building social housing around it is madness.
11-01-2019, 13:36   #93
DirkVoodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkiernan9 View Post
People should engage in the consultation process. See south dublin county council website. There are issues with the halting site and building social housing around it is madness.
Can you clarify this? Going through the process of closing a sale in white pines.

Are there issues arising out of the halting site that directly affect the estate (crime, antisocial behaviour in the estate) or is it just the halting site itself is an issue? I've been cycling around there a few times and there was a good deal of rubbish, but as long as it's not in the estate I'm not too concerned.
11-01-2019, 13:42   #94
Grassey

Came across this earlier
11-01-2019, 13:48   #95
DirkVoodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassey View Post
Came across this earlier
Closed group so I can't grab the image myself....could you please enlarge the plan view.

Are the yellow/red areas the existing halting site??
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 13:52   #96
Grassey

Sorry, that's the image that was shared with me, don't have access to that group. Orange is existing halting site. Blue, yellow, and section to the right would be my understanding of the 150 proposed houses.
11-01-2019, 16:27   #97
seany212121

So they are possibly planning on build 150 social houses next to the halting site that is a little worrying. I am in the process of a sale in white pines also I was at the house the other day they are building white pines village across the road which I presume is shops but not sure at all.
13-01-2019, 14:14   #98
DirkVoodoo

To anyone who has moved in: Have you found the specification of your house varies much from the show houses or advertisements?

Twice I have asked to view our potential property and twice I have been given the run around by the estate agent: "Have to cancel, painting", "We'll show you the show house again"

This has me very worried. Probably the most significant purchase I will make and I haven't even seen the final product!
14-01-2019, 12:29   #99
seany212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkVoodoo View Post
To anyone who has moved in: Have you found the specification of your house varies much from the show houses or advertisements?

Twice I have asked to view our potential property and twice I have been given the run around by the estate agent: "Have to cancel, painting", "We'll show you the show house again"

This has me very worried. Probably the most significant purchase I will make and I haven't even seen the final product!
We are in the process of buying here have seen the house pretty much the exact same as the show houses.

1 problem we have had is the snagging found a few problems nothing major but have been back and forth 4 times now trying to get them to fix stuff it's a nightmare.

Also the shops which are meant to be going in the have white pines village center advertised outside but looking on the site it seems like houses they are building across the road very confusing really.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-01-2019, 14:16   #100
dkiernan9

The only real problem with the halting site is the dumping around it. The Council have done absolutely nothing about it. I understand bin contractors will not go into the site and so the Council seem to allow the dumping and then collect it every 6 months. They are unable to look after 10 houses and then they propose another 40!!
Thanks from:
14-01-2019, 14:37   #101
steamsey

Quote:
The only real problem with the halting site is the dumping around it. The Council have done absolutely nothing about it. I understand bin contractors will not go into the site and so the Council seem to allow the dumping and then collect it every 6 months. They are unable to look after 10 houses and then they propose another 40!!
They do also dump up and down that stretch of road from the halting site to Allenton. They seem to do it on a Saturday night. Their favourite spots are on the OldCourt Road, near Dodderbrook. I know it can be them as I've caught them in the act. Makes a real mess of the area at times and is a real shame. It's a pain, but not too bad. Thankfully, they largely throw their rubbish over their back wall - so when you're driving South bound on the M50 - you can see the rear wall of the halting site on your right - that area can be a real mess.
Thanks from:
14-01-2019, 16:09   #102
Captain Flaps

Hi Jen
Thanks from:
14-01-2019, 20:11   #103
daithiK1

Quote:
It might be worth your while broadening your research to a few of the wider estates both sides of m50 before concluding thats the only real problem.
14-01-2019, 21:09   #104
dkiernan9

Care to elaborate?
14-01-2019, 22:33   #105
daithiK1

Quote:
Care to elaborate?
Nope other than to say i live in a mature estate about three km down the road and felt the need for a significant upgrade in home security in the last two years.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion