Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-11-2017, 13:15   #31
thebsharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplun k View Post
I don’t understand how they can get planning permission for all these houses. Traffic is already very bad around that area.

There’s was something supposed to be built around montpelier hill, but seems like people are objecting. Surely that’s what the area needs.
That's with ABP, hopefully it'll go ahead.

Yeah, something is going to have to give with traffic in that area. With yesterday's heavy rain, residents of Woodstown were reporting that it took them 45 minutes just to get out of their estate. I can't imagine what kind of pain people further up the road had to deal with.

I had made a suggestion for the local area plan that there needs to be a footbridge/cycle bridge across the M50 from Knocklyon Park to Orlagh Grove. This would massively cut down on congestion - most people from this area drive their kids to school because the walk is 20 minutes on a good day. If there was a direct walking/cycling route, many people would go with that rather than sit in traffic for half an hour every day.

Never heard anything back on the suggestion though :/
For the most part developers are building in accordance with the Local Area Plan. It's hard to refuse permission when they're providing what you asked for. We have an issue at the high level planning stage where infrastructure is being planned, by the time we get to individual estates it's too late.
Advertisement
23-11-2017, 13:34   #32
seamus
Dental Plan!

Send a message via MSN to seamus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_irl View Post
Do you mean the field area where the big rock is? Or Knocklyon Park the housing estate down near Ballyboden GAA?

If it's the field, I don't think it would be feasible. The only place I can think of that would connect to is the field in Orlagh in between Orlagh Lawn and Orlagh Crescent and no one would be happy with it there. They'd have to knock down all the trees and most likely pave over a good bit of the field to make a path. It would ruin the place.
Knocklyon Park, the field area between Woodstown and the M50.

But linked to Orlagh Grove alright, as attached. Much like the footbridge at Castlefield.

This would provide much faster pedestrian and bicycle access across the M50 for the residents of Woodstown and Stocking Avenue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (291.4 KB, 148 views)
23-11-2017, 15:15   #33
ace_irl

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Knocklyon Park, the field area between Woodstown and the M50.

But linked to Orlagh Grove alright, as attached. Much like the footbridge at Castlefield.

This would provide much faster pedestrian and bicycle access across the M50 for the residents of Woodstown and Stocking Avenue.
We call it the field with the big rock

I do get your point, but it wouldn't work in Orlagh, it would destroy the field area which is used by the residents and cause chaos in the estate. There is no cycling infrastructure in the estate and nowhere to place it as most of the roads are on street parking so a bicycle lane would be blocked up.

With the amount of very young children that play in the estate, I doubt the residents association would allow it to go ahead.
23-11-2017, 15:21   #34
youcancallmeal

I'm pretty sure this estate and Ballycullen Green will be the last ones developed for a while as per the Ballycullen/Oldcourt development plan. Still no sign of either of the planned schools or shopping center being started though.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 15.14.58.png (514.9 KB, 161 views)
02-01-2018, 13:26   #35
Googled

Does anyone have any further info about the pricing and phase releases for these?

We were told in December €415,000 was only for the north facing 3 bedroom mid terraces and have been advised that the west facing 3 bedroom mid terraces will be from €430,000. Seems quite pricey. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 4 beds will go about €500k.

From reading the development plan from the SD county council website, 174 houses in total and a large two storey crèche.

No word on if the community centre and shops are still going ahead opposite the road on Stocking Avenue.
Advertisement
25-04-2018, 11:33   #36
Frisbee

Got the email about these earlier.in the week that they are launching on Saturday. Was driving by there and the queue has already started!
25-04-2018, 18:00   #37
Lmcd545

No queue there 5 mins ago. The cars parked up during the day are the builders cars on the side of the road
26-04-2018, 08:45   #38

This post has been deleted.
26-04-2018, 09:39   #39
kerplun k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ....... View Post
Yeah, I was told the same thing happened on the Abbotts Grove and Scholarstown Woods Developments. There is a halting site on Stocking Avenue, and the travellers are supposedly stealing equipment from the sites.
Advertisement
26-04-2018, 10:22   #40
Vudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplun k View Post
Yeah, I was told the same thing happened on the Abbotts Grove and Scholarstown Woods Developments. There is a halting site on Stocking Avenue, and the travellers are supposedly stealing equipment from the sites.
There were boilers ripped out of finished houses in Scholarstown Wood as well before people moved into them.
26-04-2018, 10:58   #41

26-04-2018, 11:08   #42
kerplun k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ....... View Post
I don’t think so. I bought in Scholarstown Wood, I haven’t seen any trouble since I moved in about a year ago, likewise, A Work colleague of my partner bought in Abbotts grove and said it was very quiet, I have a bunch of friends living in Woodstown and It lovely.
26-04-2018, 11:12   #43

26-04-2018, 22:10   #44
timmy_mallet

Anyone slightly concerned about the proximity to the M50 and pollutants/noise? From the sitemap, it looks as though some of the homes might be less than 30m from the road.
26-04-2018, 22:25   #45
Kamili

Interesting article in Lovin Dublin with no mention of anything untoward.

https://lovindublin.com/sponsored/ne...in-rathfarnham

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion