Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-10-2017, 10:42   #1
lovelystuff

White Pines Rathfarnham

Hello, I've been looking for more information online about this development as it looks to be in a good area. Does anyone have any idea on pricing? I've contacted Sherry Fitz and waiting to hear back, would love if anyone had any information on pricing or the development in general. Thanks!

http://www.whitepines.ie/
Advertisement
25-10-2017, 10:44   #2
Del Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelystuff View Post
Hello, I've been looking for more information online about this development as it looks to be in a good area. Does anyone have any idea on pricing? I've contacted Sherry Fitz and waiting to hear back, would love if anyone had any information on pricing or the development in general. Thanks!

http://www.whitepines.ie/
They are still only in planning stage and there is no prices yet according to the girl from Sherry Fitz who I was talking to last week
Thanks from:
25-10-2017, 11:48   #3
lovelystuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDJW View Post
They are still only in planning stage and there is no prices yet according to the girl from Sherry Fitz who I was talking to last week
Good to know, thanks! I'm really hoping they're less than 400,000 for the three beds, other new developments in the area are expensive!
25-10-2017, 14:09   #4
Vudgie

Abbot's Grove, at the other end of Stocking Avenue would be a good guide. I'd expect that they will be looking for an increase on the prices achieved there.
Thanks from:
25-10-2017, 14:48   #5
Vudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDJW View Post
If it is the site I am thinking of beside the halting site, they have started building and have some foundations etc in at the moment.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-10-2017, 16:26   #6
Frisbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudgie View Post
If it is the site I am thinking of beside the halting site, they have started building and have some foundations etc in at the moment.
Yeah I think this is where it is, it's the very top end of Stocking Avenue, on the roundabout that joins to Stocking Lane. Not a great location given the estate will be sharing a boundary wall with the halting site. Or at least it looks like it will when I was driving by the other day.
10-11-2017, 15:56   #7

if you used the recent development in Ballycullen Green, where a 3 bed was €400k, you can expect these to be in the region of €420k. However I find the use of the address 'Rathfarnham' a bit of a stretch. Tallaght is closer! So don't be fooled by the address!
Thanks from:
10-11-2017, 16:08   #8
seamus
Dental Plan!

Send a message via MSN to seamus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62429268 View Post
if you used the recent development in Ballycullen Green, where a 3 bed was €400k, you can expect these to be in the region of €420k. However I find the use of the address 'Rathfarnham' a bit of a stretch. Tallaght is closer! So don't be fooled by the address!
Nah, it's Rathfarnham alright. Rathfarnham as an area is huge.

But yes, don't be fooled by the name Rathfarnham. It's not close to Rathfarnham village, it's outside the M50 and has poor transport links.

The halting site which is located beside it is notorious for criminal activity, dumping, roaming dogs, etc.
Some examples of the choice individuals in residence there:
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...ek-309736.html
https://www.herald.ie/news/courts/me...-27946946.html
http://www.fixyourstreet.ie/reports/view/70418
10-11-2017, 16:13   #9

This post has been deleted.
Advertisement
10-11-2017, 16:14   #10
kerplun k

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62429268 View Post
I ended up buying in Scholarstown Wood. It's very close to this site, but they also called it Rathfarnham, again, its closer to Tallaght, but more Knocklyon than Tallaght I reckon. I'm moved in about 3 months now, Its a grand area, nice and quiet. Absolutely no issues from the nearby halting site. I didn't even know it was there until last week, until one of my neighbors mentioned it me. My only real gripe with the area is the lack of amenities. Nothing withing walking distance, and the traffic in the morning can be pretty bad, but you could say that about almost any part of Dublin these days.
10-11-2017, 16:18   #11
kerplun k

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Nah, it's Rathfarnham alright. Rathfarnham as an area is huge.

But yes, don't be fooled by the name Rathfarnham. It's not close to Rathfarnham village, it's outside the M50 and has poor transport links.

The halting site which is located beside it is notorious for criminal activity, dumping, roaming dogs, etc.
Some examples of the choice individuals in residence there:
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...ek-309736.html
https://www.herald.ie/news/courts/me...-27946946.html
http://www.fixyourstreet.ie/reports/view/70418

I get the 15b. it stops right outside it and is frequent enough. As said in my last post, Its a very quiet area. I didn't even notice the nearby halting site until recently.
10-11-2017, 16:22   #12
kerplun k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ....... View Post
Was this recent?
I travel towards Newcastle each morning, and go down stocking lane and haven't noticed any dumping on the road, but I've only been here about 3 months.
10-11-2017, 16:23   #13
youcancallmeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ....... View Post
Yes Ive noticed the building works starting alright - feel sorry for anyone who buys so close to that halting site. The dumping around it is so bad it has to be attracting vermin.

This is also the site were I passed by and a bare knuckle boxing fight had spilled out onto the road - blood everywhere.
Not to mention on top of the m50 too so probably quite noisy. Speaking of m50 there is 2 options(via Stocking Lane or Ballycullen Road) to get to it from there and both are notoriously bad especially in the mornings during school term. Between this estate, Abbots Grove, Ballycullen Green and the unfinished Scholarstown Wood things are going to get REALLY bad up around there in the next couple of years. Local residents have been hounding local councillors and TDs but they don't want to know

Last edited by youcancallmeal; 10-11-2017 at 16:49.
10-11-2017, 16:24   #14
seamus
Dental Plan!

Send a message via MSN to seamus
Scholarstown Wood is different to be fair. It's inside the M50 and has more route options for driving or walking or cycling. The halting site wouldn't affect you because there's a big motorway and a few estates in the way

White Pines will be right beside the halting site.

The original planning applications for building around there included shops, cafe, creche etc as a condition. But that was 15 years ago. One can only hope that the developers will be forced to build those amenities. If they do, then you're laughing. If they don't, then White Pines will be a long way from anything.
10-11-2017, 16:56   #15

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion