Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-05-2016, 21:18   #61
PhoenixParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordstrom View Post
I spoke to the workmen, they said they weren't there to connect up the new houses, they were doing something unrelated. They didn't have any idea when that work would be done, told me that I should contact eircom, but when I do they won't tell me anything because I'm not an eircom customer, so I contact Vodafone who I've signed up with and they just tell me to contact eircom.
Can you pm me the eircom number to call?
My parents are eircom customers I think, they can probably pretend to be moving.
Advertisement
16-05-2016, 21:27   #62
Tazz T

As an house owner in the Rathborne development since 2007, I would check and double check the broadband availability. It was a nightmare for us, and still is for many. The developer sold the monopoly on the broadband to Smart (now Digiweb). The houses which were sold as state of the art technology enabled were all equipped for UPC. Told years to sort out. And we've still got all these points round the house that are useless.

Really! See what the availability before buying. There will be no eircom or NTL.
Thanks from:
16-05-2016, 21:28   #63
nordstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciektok View Post
I'm virgin media customer, I will give them a ring tomorrow and see if they have plans for the service in the area
I was virginmedia too, I asked them about their plans and I was told that they did have plans to provide a service to the area but it hadn't been scheduled. They recommended I go with another provider because it could be well over a year. If you find out something more let us know.
16-05-2016, 21:35   #64
nordstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz T View Post
As an house owner in the Rathborne development since 2007, I would check and double check the broadband availability. It was a nightmare for us, and still is for many. The developer sold the monopoly on the broadband to Smart (now Digiweb). The houses which were sold as state of the art technology enabled were all equipped for UPC. Told years to sort out. And we've still got all these points round the house that are useless.

Really! See what the availability before buying. There will be no eircom or NTL.
Yep, SherryFitz told us that we'd be able to get virginmedia, but that's most definitely not the case right now and won't be for a long time. People should be aware before they buy one of these, it would have made me think twice unfortunately.
16-05-2016, 21:36   #65
PhoenixParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz T View Post

Yip. I did anticipate this was going to be a problem as I'm up in Ashtown at the moment and while we have vodafone, it's really not the greatest. I do find the 4G on my phone great though, I use it whenever vodafone is annoying me too much and the 4G streams netflix (my heaviest usage) just fine. A 4G dongle is my back up/interim plan, luckily there's only the 2 of us and we don't bother with TV connections.
Advertisement
16-05-2016, 21:44   #66
maciektok

Nordstrom are you happy with the house apart from internet connection, what's the quality of finish and heating system like??
16-05-2016, 21:58   #67
nordstrom

Quote:
Nordstrom are you happy with the house apart from internet connection, what's the quality of finish and heating system like??
Oh yes! Very happy with it. The workmen are all still on site and they're very responsive if there's any issues. I probably came over as a bit too gloomy but it's just that I can't believe in 2016 adequate broadband and tv services can't be provided. If you search on here you'll see that the same issues have affected these Ashtown developments for over 10 years.
(2) thanks from:
16-05-2016, 22:01   #68
nordstrom

Quote:
Heating system I haven't really figured out yet. It worked when we needed it in the cold weather anyway, but there's probably an optimal way to run it that I need to work out. Rooms are very warm now with the sun streaming in.
Thanks from:
16-05-2016, 22:37   #69
Arbie

I was talking to eir about something unrelated this afternoon and I happened to ask them about Royal Canal Park. They said the completed houses are listed as "pending" on the system, so they are on the list for connection but they didn't have/couldn't give me any more details.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-05-2016, 23:14   #70
nordstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbie View Post
I was talking to eir about something unrelated this afternoon and I happened to ask them about Royal Canal Park. They said the completed houses are listed as "pending" on the system, so they are on the list for connection but they didn't have/couldn't give me any more details.
Do you know what number you called? I wouldn't mind giving them a call myself
16-05-2016, 23:23   #71
Arbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordstrom View Post
Do you know what number you called? I wouldn't mind giving them a call myself
It was a callback by them.

You could go online and try to order services, it'll ask you to put in your details for them to call you, then when they ring you they'll be able to look up your address and tell you the plan.
Thanks from:
17-05-2016, 14:36   #72
maciektok

Just rang Ballymore, Phelan Avenue ready for snag on Tuesday!!!
Any burglar alarm recommendation??
(2) thanks from:
18-05-2016, 13:43   #73
minkey

Contact

Hi , could someone PM me the contact details for Ballymore if they have them to hand, We signed contract a few weeks ago and as expected have heard not a whistle since , but Im not too sure who to contact just to find out about progress on th site. Also if anyone has info on the kitchen supplier I'd like to try get in contact just to check if there is anything I need to think about there
Thats a little annoying about the broadband. In this day and age I'd consider it fundamental infrastructure , exactly on the same par as water and electricity, unfortunate for the people who have already moved in, but let hope it gets solved soon

Thanks
19-05-2016, 07:58   #74
maciektok

pm sent
19-05-2016, 12:04   #75
PhoenixParker

Question about snagging,

Can we line up the people we want to do measurements on the same day as snagging (or better yet at some point in the two snagging weeks), or does that have to wait until we get the keys?

I'm thinking blind suppliers, floor fitters, that sort of thing.
Obviously they won't fit anything until we move in, but having them happy that there are proper measurements would really expedite the moving in process.

N

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion