Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

If the front door one is specified in the planning permission as ours is, virtually impossible to change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

janeybaby wrote: »
    Thanks PhoenixParker and Nordstrom!
    I'm actually quite put off after hearing those things about the management agency. If we're buying a house then surely we should have control over what colour we paint the door and the type of curtains we choose to put up. Also I feel with management fees they start off reasonable and increase year on year so it's gets more expensive.

Does the house come with floors in it? Just had seen someone earlier say they do not come with floors laid. I guess I'm wondering if it's fitted with floors, kitchen, painted etc or is it just the shell you are getting.

Hi there - I've lived in RCP for over 10 years, and the mgmt fee had been pretty consistent over the years. I think it slightly came down, even.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 IAmTheWasp

maciektok wrote: »
    Snagged the house last week, only few touches of paint required so quiet happy with it. There is a slight delay with a certificate of completion issued by the council but they are allowing for the tilers, floor guys etc to come in and measure the place. Has any thought about sanding and varnishing the wooden floor in the bedrooms??

Hi Maciektok,

Did you snag the house yourself or did you get a surveyor to do it? We had ours snagged last week and the surveyor sent us an 8-page report of 'snags' that need to be checked - Ballymore are currently actioning it.

The surveyor cost us about €500 which I think is worth it considering I would have missed 90% of the stuff he highlighted.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

Thanks guys for all the information, very helpful and much appreciated!
    athtrasna wrote: »
    If the front door one is specified in the planning permission as ours is, virtually impossible to change

Does this mean you can't actually change the door style or paint it?

Can you request that the building company lay the floors?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭maciektok

@JaneyBaby,

you've to get someone to do the floors for you apart from the bathrooms, they're done, a lot of tile/floor shops would have somebody to do it for you

@Iamthewasp
    Wow that's a lot we only got a snagger to do it, most of the stuff was cosmetic, did your surveyor find anything major?
    We mainly had issues with tiles and paint, nothing too serious the report was anout 5 pages long, We didn;t check the heating system or the electrics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

janeybaby wrote: »
    Thanks guys for all the information, very helpful and much appreciated!

Does this mean you can't actually change the door style or paint it?

Can you request that the building company lay the floors?

As before, you can't change the physical appearance of the development. That would include style and colour of the door

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

athtrasna wrote: »

The planning Enfocement section will not issue enforcement proceedings for a dwelling that has changed their front door nor would they entertain a complaint to that nature. You are entitled to enjoy your house and can change the style and colour of your front door at any stage Nader section 41h of the Planning & Development Act.

Has anyone checked the grant of permission to see if the planners have conditioned the styles and colours of the front doors? I would doubts it's existence.

Management company local rules might state it, but I wonder how that would hold up to a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

kceire wrote: »
    The planning Enfocement section will not issue enforcement proceedings for a dwelling that has changed their front door nor would they entertain a complaint to that nature. You are entitled to enjoy your house and can change the style and colour of your front door at any stage Nader section 41h of the Planning & Development Act.

Has anyone checked the grant of permission to see if the planners have conditioned the styles and colours of the front doors? I would doubts it's existence.

Management company local rules might state it, but I wonder how that would hold up to a challenge.

Thanks Kceire, that's interesting and something we are going to ask directly. We can't understand how a management agency could enforce this while paying them for the privilege especially when the property was bought as a private dwelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ek

Hi All. Thanks for all the information. I was just wondering how people who have moved in are finding the parking? We have bought on Phelan Park (phase 2). On the launch day we queued and were lucky enough to get the last 3 bedroom house available. Unfortunately it only had a one space driveway. According to the plans there will be visitor parking but it looks quite limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 1dav

Hi All,

Any luck with getting internet connection in your new homes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭maciektok

1dav wrote: »
    Hi All,

One of the lads contacted eir. Takes up to 3 weeks to get connected to the phone line. However if you decide to use them as internet provider connection is free

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

Hi All,

Yep, broadband available now. If the wait is 3 weeks with eir then you might want to try Vodafone, we were connected in less than a week. It's fibre broadband and the speed isn't bad at all, not quite virginmedia speed but not far off. Vodafone wireless signal is also pretty decent through the the house.

nordstrom wrote: »
    Yep, broadband available now. If the wait is 3 weeks with eir then you might want to try Vodafone, we were connected in less than a week. It's fibre broadband and the speed isn't bad at all, not quite virginmedia speed but not far off. Vodafone wireless signal is also pretty decent through the the house.

Is Virgin Media not available in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

IAmTheWasp wrote: »
    Is Virgin Media not available in the area?

No. I just mentioned it because that's what I'm used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

Hi all. Thanks for all the information provided so far.

I bought a 3 bed in phase 2. I've been told August will be earlierst any of the phase 2 will be ready. Has anyone heard anything different or more concrete as to when they'll move in?

More importantly ;) what's the deal with TV and broadband. As of right now. Can we not get Virgin or Sky? I'd love to get sky, but I've had a bad feeling for quite a while they would not allow dishes on the houses. If so, why can't we use the dish that connects to the apartments?

Hi All,

I've noticed a sat dish on one of the new 3 beds houses last week. What's more at least half of the apartments in the whole development have satellite dishes clearly visible from the street level. Maybe it's not a big issue over there????

Hi All,

I've noticed a sat dish on one of the new 3 beds houses last week. What's more at least half of the apartments in the whole development have satellite dishes clearly visible from the street level. Maybe it's not a big issue over there????

That's good to know. Thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Maireadio

guns_healy wrote: »

More importantly ;) what's the deal with TV and broadband. As of right now. Can we not get Virgin or Sky? I'd love to get sky, but I've had a bad feeling for quite a while they would not allow dishes on the houses. If so, why can't we use the dish that connects to the apartments?

I have a close relation living in RCP and they have Eir for broadband and telly, a decent speed too! I stayed with her recently and used my laptop there a lot. Eir is allowed for some reason but she said the management company has a deal with some crappy local cable company but lots of people get in Sky and UPC anyway. If the management company catch sight of the installation vans though, they'll tell them to leave as dishes aren't allowed. She was saying that happened to a neighbour of hers. But some people seem to manage to get away with it as there are dishes all over the place.

Maireadio wrote: »
    I have a close relation living in RCP and they have Eir for broadband and telly, a decent speed too! I stayed with her recently and used my laptop there a lot. Eir is allowed for some reason but she said the management company has a deal with some crappy local cable company but lots of people get in Sky and UPC anyway. If the management company catch sight of the installation vans though, they'll tell them to leave as dishes aren't allowed. She was saying that happened to a neighbour of hers. But some people seem to manage to get away with it as there are dishes all over the place.

Seems to be a grey area alright. I've seen posts say stuff about changing the door and net curtains alright, but nothing about getting a dish.

If that's not in the contract we signed then I can't how they could refuse us getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I knew net curtains were old fashioned but I didn't think they were so offensive as to have official rules against them!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Hi All,

I was wondering if it will be hard to get those houses insured as almost all of them are with close proximity to water (canal, water retention ponds). I think that insurance companies ask if the property is located within 100 metres from water. (Even if they don't ask they have it in small print in terms and conditions)

Any experience or thoughts on this please....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Hi All,

I was wondering if it will be hard to get those houses insured as almost all of them are with close proximity to water (canal, water retention ponds). I think that insurance companies ask if the property is located within 100 metres from water. (Even if they don't ask they have it in small print in terms and conditions)

We didn't have a problem. Canal's don't flood, it's more then a few metres over the tolka and the attenuation ponds are there to capture rainwater. Flooding should never be a risk unless there's a very big drain that's blocked.

I think one agent I was talking to months ago balked a bit, but that was before the development was registered and she didn't have it properly on her system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Maireadio

guns_healy wrote: »
    Seems to be a grey area alright. I've seen posts say stuff about changing the door and net curtains alright, but nothing about getting a dish.

If that's not in the contract we signed then I can't how they could refuse us getting one

Maybe it's in the management company's rules, I'm not sure. Maybe things have changed and Sky and UPC are now allowed. Have a chat with the management company about it. And at least there's the option of Eir, though not sure if you can get things like Sky Sports and whatnot with them.

Hi guys, as a matter of interest which broadband/TV have people gone with? Is it Fibre?

I'm part of the March houses on Phelan avenue.

I rang Vodafone this morning and they said the line wasn't active call Eir.
    I rang Eir and they'll send a technician out but told me I need to sign up to an 18 month contract to have that happen.
    Right now I'm trying to work out whether there's something simple I can do (like plug in a cable somewhere) or someone else I can call (ballymore?) to avoid signing up with Eir.

I rang Vodafone this morning and they said the line wasn't active call Eir.
    I rang Eir and they'll send a technician out but told me I need to sign up to an 18 month contract to have that happen.
    Right now I'm trying to work out whether there's something simple I can do (like plug in a cable somewhere) or someone else I can call (ballymore?) to avoid signing up with Eir.

Maybe try kingfisher who are the management company. Tel: (01) 866 4138

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Curious what different people paid price wise at different stages. Anyone mind publishing there house price/house size/car parking spaces/rough time purchased. Without giving the specific house away or anything. Could get it off the property price register but would rather ask here.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭mille100piedi

Hi All,

yes, it can be a problem. Tolka river has a history of flooding

yes, it can be a problem. Tolka river has a history of flooding

If the Tolka river ever floods royal canal park the world will have much bigger problems then just the tolka flooding.
    The development is 10+ meters above the river's level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭mille100piedi

If the Tolka river ever floods royal canal park the world will have much bigger problems then just the tolka flooding.
    The development is 10+ meters above the river's level.

I can't say there are no problems because I would lie, I live in the area and some insurer refused to cover for flooding, my apartment is even on the top floor.

Advertisement