Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-01-2019, 13:35   #3226
insdami

Hey guys, thanks for all the information shared here, it's been extremely valuable to us during the process of getting our house. Now we are finally on the home stretch of it but it happens that our snagger is quite busy at the moment. Does anyone have someone to recommend us for our 2nd snagging?

Thanks!
Advertisement
08-01-2019, 20:53   #3227
Bothebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by insdami View Post
Hey guys, thanks for all the information shared here, it's been extremely valuable to us during the process of getting our house. Now we are finally on the home stretch of it but it happens that our snagger is quite busy at the moment. Does anyone have someone to recommend us for our 2nd snagging?

Thanks!
hi insdami, did you buy from the most recent phase (ones that went on sale in September)? We bought an ash in Rathborne Walk and are waiting to be called for snagging. We were told end of January subject to having power.
09-01-2019, 17:38   #3228
insdami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothebear View Post
hi insdami, did you buy from the most recent phase (ones that went on sale in September)? We bought an ash in Rathborne Walk and are waiting to be called for snagging. We were told end of January subject to having power.
No, we bought ours in February 2018 and our first snagging was done the first week of December. So roughly it was 10-ish months for us.

Just a heads up, try to be very exhaustive on your first snagging list.
11-01-2019, 14:00   #3229
engineer0

Hi All,
Anybody managed to get virgin media broadband in their homes in Camden ? Looking back in the pages, I see quite a bit of struggle with getting broadband, hopefully things look slightly better now ? 
Thank you
11-01-2019, 20:13   #3230
Forumsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer0 View Post
Hi All,
Anybody managed to get virgin media broadband in their homes in Camden ? Looking back in the pages, I see quite a bit of struggle with getting broadband, hopefully things look slightly better now ? 
Thank you
I'll spsre everyone another long broadband rant/saga! Bottom line, you only have one option for the foreseeable future - Cablewatch. And virgin media won't be here for an even longer time - like 10 years or something. Something to do with the rights being with Eir. Who don't want to use them.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-01-2019, 11:01   #3231
Pokas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothebear View Post

Hi Bothebear, can I ask who gave you that date? We also bought an Ash in September (hi neighbour!) and was told the first quarter. To be honest I was not expecting it to be ready in January. Thank you
14-01-2019, 12:21   #3232
Bothebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokas View Post
Hi Bothebear, can I ask who gave you that date? We also bought an Ash in September (hi neighbour!) and was told the first quarter. To be honest I was not expecting it to be ready in January. Thank you
Hi Pokas. We were told by Jason, the site manger.
Thanks from:
14-01-2019, 21:05   #3233
engineer0

Hi All,

FYI, For those who are interested in further collaboration/discussion on Camden, there is now a facebook group named "Camden at Royal Canal Park Residents".

Last edited by engineer0; 15-01-2019 at 11:27.
Thanks from:
14-01-2019, 21:15   #3234
uli84

Thinking of buying in the next phase but the surrounding area is soo littered, like the whole length of river road pretty much, is it always like that? Is it a norm?
Advertisement
15-01-2019, 14:53   #3235
Twocantim

Has noone still made any progress with Eir on Camden Ave? Find it hard to believe Eir havent set up broadband lines yet months after people first raised this and only provider is overpriced cablewatch?!
15-01-2019, 14:57   #3236
Forumsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twocantim View Post
Has noone still made any progress with Eir on Camden Ave? Find it hard to believe Eir havent set up broadband lines yet months after people first raised this and only provider is overpriced cablewatch?!
Ha if you wait 3 months for Eir to come and 150 quid to get out of their mobile broadband contract that reached speeds of 0.5mbps you'll happily pay cablewatch whatever they want!

That being said, the new houses do need to try or I fear they will forget about our plight. Just manage your expectations
Thanks from:
15-01-2019, 15:00   #3237
Forumsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by uli84 View Post
Thinking of buying in the next phase but the surrounding area is soo littered, like the whole length of river road pretty much, is it always like that? Is it a norm?
Not sure what area you're thinking of but royal canal park is one of the tidiest areas I've seen. The river road is not part of it.

Also I'm not sure if there is another phase, I thought the last one went on sale in Sept
Thanks from:
15-01-2019, 15:19   #3238
slayerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twocantim View Post
Alot of people seem to have issues getting good broadband with Eir - they seem to have a limited capacity in the area with all the houses. We're on Royal Canal Avenue and luckily managed to get a good fibre connection with Vodafone (Eir's infrastructure) but I know many of my neighbours had problems.

So with Eir, its hard to know what way they operate.
15-01-2019, 15:50   #3239
slayerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by uli84 View Post
I can't say regarding the River Road as I'm never on it, but RCP is usually spotless. There's also an active royal canal clean up on Saturday mornings ran by the local community, so any small amount of litter that might be there is cleaned up.

Are there more phases for sale?
15-01-2019, 20:32   #3240
axlmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer0 View Post
Hi All,

FYI, For those who are interested in further collaboration/discussion on Camden, there is now a facebook group named "Camden at Royal Canal Park Residents".
Hi Engineer0 - can you share a link to the group? Haven't been able to find it. Cheers

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion