Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oru Kayaks, California.

• 15-04-2015 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

New to all this so I'm looking for a little advice if anyone has had any experience with the company Oru Kayak.

Look nice and hoping it's not a one trick pony.

Oru3_zps6ntqy1fn.jpg

Oru%20Bay2_zpsvrqgqmlj.jpg

Oru%20Bay_zpsary7zhrf.jpg

Oru%204_zpsyxmkzznb.jpg

Presumably only for sea kayaking and not so much river wise.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

1500 dollars for one plus shipping you'd be mad.......

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Chuck Aaron

ec18 wrote: »
    1500 dollars for one plus shipping you'd be mad.......

Yeherra the money isn't important to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eugene Yes

Don't know of any of these resident in Ireland. Have not seen one in person but did hear of them befpre. There is a company in Galway called Kayakmor that runs kayak tours.

http://www.kayakmor.ie/

A couple arrived one day for a tour with a pair of these. Worked well on lough Corrib by all accounts. Owner of Kayakmor is called Jim. If you want to speak to somebody that has seen them in action he is the man to speak to.
    Personally I reckon they would dissolve if you tried to paddle the Atlantic in one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Soilse

http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/showReviews.html?prod=3064

Im not sure Id like to try iit in open ocean sheltered lakes and rivers maybe. Irish water is pretty cold, its a v thin barrier between you and the water there appears to be no spray deck brrr. It is cheap for a foldable considering the better ones are 3k+. The other concerns I would have is that it appears to be thin plasic what happens when scrapped off rocks.

Honestly if your new to it all join a local club now is the perfect time season is just starting and you will be able to try lots of boats to get a better idea of what suits

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Chuck Aaron

Great advice lads, thanks a mill for your time.

I don't think I'll go for one now.

I'll have a read of the forum and hopefully get advice on what to buy.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement