Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Winter/Spring 2013 (Model Output Discussion)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

It really shows how bad summer is when the winter thread is 3 pages in July...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Iceball

Hey folks. I'm new here but get used to the name quick cos winter will hit with a bang this year. By the way Joe Bastardi was spot on with last years winter forecast as well :)

Some good news for those disheartened by the last Winters disgustingly appalling mild slop. Did y'all know cold winters come in clusters but some of the mildest ones can get caught up in the middle !!
    Check out this guy hes brilliant at Winter forecasts. http://www.facebook.com/raysweather.pageireland

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Iceball wrote: »
    Hey folks. I'm new here but get used to the name quick cos winter will hit with a bang this year. By the way Joe Bastardi was spot on with last years winter forecast as well :)

Some good news for those disheartened by the last Winters disgustingly appalling mild slop. Did y'all know cold winters come in clusters but some of the mildest ones can get caught up in the middle !!
    Check out this guy hes brilliant at Winter forecasts. http://www.facebook.com/raysweather.pageireland
    I remember this page last year, clusters of winters indeed more like next 40 years of cold winters neg pdo low sunspots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

You should check out the long range weather charts from jamstec it looks pritty cold for winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

shootie wrote: »

I know, isn't it great?!:pac:

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »

I know, isn't it great?!:pac:
    Them jap long range change a lot
    http://www.jamstec.go.jp/frsgc/research/d1/iod/e/seasonal/outlook.html

mcriot29 wrote: »
    There long range has been keeping very constent for the last couple of runs,the chinese met office has pined there flag to the mast they are going for a neutral winter, has anyone paid for james maddens winter forcast looks like he going the way of vogan :rolleyes:

ZX7R wrote: »
    There long range has been keeping very constent for the last couple of runs,the chinese met office has pined there flag to the mast they are going for a neutral winter, has anyone paid for james maddens winter forcast looks like he going the way of vogan :rolleyes:

Haha tidy. ;) at least mark admits he only blogs dont know an much about forecasting but madden beats all with his icemagedden winter forecast n then tries to use a bit of wet snow on the scotish highlands to justify it :rolleyes: didnt bother looking at his forecast this year yet :)

:)
    Haha tidy. ;) at least mark admits he only blogs and knows fck all but forecasting but madden beats all with his icemagedden winter forecast n then tries to use a bit of wet snow on the scotish highlands to justify it :rolleyes: didnt bother looking at his forecast this year yet :)
    Have a look at sioman keelings web site he is not to bad and he also as some good charts on his video page:)

Have a look at sioman keelings web site he is not to bad and he also as some good charts on his video page:)

will do buddy :) you got a link ? not familar with him

• Advertisement

will do buddy :) you got a link ? not familar with him
    Keelings a good forecaster but he does not do longe range and is not a cold lover, i like vogan even if hes wrong he loves the cold and snow lol
    I cant rem keelings website

You will get sioman keeling on www.weatherweb.net or just google weatherweb, i like vogans enthusiasm but i would not pay to use his site.

Keelings a good forecaster but he does not do longe range and is not a cold lover, i like vogan even if hes wrong he loves the cold and snow lol
    I cant rem keelings website

Yes i know mark personally from talking to him on facebook and hes a real nice bloke. he makes it interesting and has great time for his readers. i wish him all the best with his new site.

You will get sioman keeling on www.weatherweb.net or just google weatherweb, i like vogans enthusiasm but i would not pay to use his site.

Cheers bud !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

True. At least in winter I can get out for a walk. Stuck indoors most days this time of year. :mad:

Aglomerado wrote: »
    True. At least in winter I can get out for a walk. Stuck indoors most days this time of year. :mad:
    Looking out the kitchen window and the only difference between now and last winter, is the leaves on the trees ,lets hope this winter is cold ,frosty and snowy thats the best weather for walking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Looking out the kitchen window and the only difference between now and last winter, is the leaves on the trees ,lets hope this winter is cold ,frosty and snowy thats the best weather for walking

I love the cold frosty morning air. It wakes me up at I am going to work. I enjoy walking in winter, I can walked miles like during November/December 2010 just to look at the snow and how it changed the landscape.

Did anyone else notice all the yellowing leaves on the ground already from certain trees?

I can't wait for all the winter/snow threads to start popping up later this year - I just have a feeling that this is going to be an exceptionally snowy winter:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

leahyl wrote: »
    I can't wait for all the winter/snow threads to start popping up later this year - I just have a feeling that this is going to be an exceptionally snowy winter:D:pac:

How did you vote in the summer prediction poll??;)

Birdnuts wrote: »
    How did you vote in the summer prediction poll??;)

I don't think I did vote! Can't be bothered with summer anymore:mad::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

I suppose if we were having a cracker of a summer we wouldnt be thinking of winter. cold and snowy for this year is my hope:D

Joe B's winter thoughts are based on what he's been saying for years about the coming winter powered by a cold PDO El Nino http://bit.ly/LzC2Vt This coming winter it is 66 years since 1947 was also during solar max which we now approach.

Lucreto wrote: »
    I love the cold frosty morning air. It wakes me up at I am going to work. I enjoy walking in winter, I can walked miles like during November/December 2010 just to look at the snow and how it changed the landscape.

Did anyone else notice all the yellowing leaves on the ground already from certain trees?
    Yes a lot of leaves are all ready falling probably down to lack of sun shine also due to the wind burning the leaves,i think we will have an early autumn this year:)

Joe B's winter thoughts are based on what he's been saying for years about the coming winter powered by a cold PDO El Nino http://bit.ly/LzC2Vt This coming winter it is 66 years since 1947 was also during solar max which we now approach.
    He is deffently sticking to his guns about this winter,a lot of other forcasters have started to follow suit and they use other methods to forcast so that is a good sing in its self ,could do with a good hard cold winter again.

He is deffently sticking to his guns about this winter,a lot of other forcasters have started to follow suit and they use other methods to forcast so that is a good sing in its self ,could do with a good hard cold winter again.
    Who else has said about the winter i have only seen joe bs views , vogan and piers has not said yet madman has said very cold bla bla he says that every winter

Quite a few of the american weather sights have started to realise there preliminary weather forcasts for us and europe most look cold , i used u.s goggle you will find more of them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I agree, I love walking in the woods in the frost and snow, with good hiking boots on and all wrapped up. :)

Quite a few of the american weather sights have started to realise there preliminary weather forcasts for us and europe most look cold , i used u.s goggle you will find more of them
    Some in us say west europe will see a set up like 2010 this year for the winter , if this happens it could mean a better winter then 2010 as it may last longer , also winter could be here by nov
    Weather action are predicting a very cold winter on the way with little ice age type events , this summer is very like summers of 1700s there was a lot of crop probs there i see on news farmers are havin a bad time this year , all this points to a mini ice age now .
    Last summer i told my family i felt a mild winter was on way but 2012 winter will be a very cold one , reason was going by a repeat in weather of mini ice age , i feel either this winter or next will be worse then 47 and 63 and longer
    In mini ice age there was winters where snow started in oct and went on till april , thats not with a volcano going off there where even worse snow in july and aug etc
    A lot of people seem to think this winter will be mild met uk for one , if this weather we have now had of come in nov we would be in for it all the east winds etc and jet south of us

A lot of thoes sites pirdected our winter last year spot on ,lets hope they get this year goes as good as there pridections for this year.As far as what the uk are saying i would take with a pinch of salt as i think they dont do an offical long range winter forcast anymore as they got it rong so many times in the past.As for a mini ice age i will need to do more reading up on it ,i have read some articles about it by a russian scientist khabibullo abdusamatov they were very intresting.

• Advertisement

A lot of thoes sites pirdected our winter last year spot on ,lets hope they get this year goes as good as there pridections for this year.As far as what the uk are saying i would take with a pinch of salt as i think they dont do an offical long range winter forcast anymore as they got it rong so many times in the past.As for a mini ice age i will need to do more reading up on it ,i have read some articles about it by a russian scientist khabibullo abdusamatov they were very intresting.
    Weather action have a new page out today they say little ice age type weather this month, if this keeps up id say we have a good chance of getting some action

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement