Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Introducing your new candidate for Europe

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Ah you got me. Good one. :)
    Dav wrote: »
    PS: did people honestly think we would actually want to integrate your details into a system that seems to be horribly abused by it's users like PULSE? All this Garda Commissioner/GSOC/whistleblowing stuff makes for disturbing reading and we think keeping your data safe is rather important :D

My eyes skipped over that one. Should probably be scrutinising candidates more!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,547 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

All Glory to Hypnotoad!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Mr. Murphy, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I wasn't fooled at first, but as the day went on, I started to wonder.....! :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

What am I supposed to do with the 10,000 flyers I printed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    What am I supposed to do with the 10,000 flyers I printed :(
    Distribute them anyway. If he won't take the office under his own power, lets see if ten thousand boardsies can shove someone into office kicking and screaming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭bealtine

Dav wrote: »
    This is of course an April fool's joke and Tom is not nor has he currently any intention of ever running for any political office here in Ireland.

Actually it's an idea, prank or not, that has some actual merit...the very idea that someone who knows that the internet is not powered by kittens running for office would be a good idea...

Although it would be once voice smothered by nonsense:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tom would make an awful politician anyway.

He's too driven, to honest and too willing to follow through on plans and promises. He'd go fncking spare sitting in a parliament listening to windbags talking a lot and doing absolutely nothing.

I only saw this thread today, and I was delighted until I read the date of the first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Me neither.

*goes out to peel Tom For Europe stickers off car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Riiiightt.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ion564

Aprils fools

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So these last 48 hours have been a bit mad-busy for me, so I haven't had a chance to have as much fun with this as possible!!

Firstly, yeah ... this was an April Fool (even though most of the agenda is really stuff we are serious about!).

Secondly... wow, I cant believe the response I got for this from Boards, twitter, facebook and even texts from mates of mine offering money and support and work. Honestly, as the day wore on I was kinda touched so many people said so many nice things (generally followed about 30 minutes later by "you are a D*CK!" :)

But thirdly, no... while I would really like to be part of the solution, our political system is constructed to resist change, deliberately so in my opinion. I don't feel right now that I could stay sane and tackle that problem from the inside. I will continue to be an activist from the outside as best I can.
    I've watched a friend of mine, Stephen Donnelly, waste away in the Dail, while he has the experience and intelligence to lead this country. The inertia he has encountered is truly disheartening.

So, what a crazy Aprils Fool that turned out to be hahah... Many thanks to Dav for an awesome job on all the work to do this. It was an april fools for everyone else but kinda ended up being one on me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

You can exercise political change without being directly involved in politics. You're doing well just where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Considering the lack of choice for Midlands-North-West (who in their right mind would vote for Ronan Mullen?!), I'm tempted to spoil my vote by scrawling #DeVoreForEurope on it. :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement