Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pandemic Principles

Options
  • 05-04-2020 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

What are examples of pandemic principles you find yourself observing? One of my new found mantras when shopping is if I touch an item on a shelve, then I have to buy it.

Comments

If the checkout operator isn't wearing gloves, I'll mosey over to another shop.

Going out for a walk before eight in the morning, and after eight in the evening.

Gloves and hand sanitiser on my person whenever leaving the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Why unless they are changing the glove after each customer they are largely pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

One of my new found mantras when shopping is if I touch an item on a shelve, then I have to buy it.

really? even a box of tampax?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

kieran. wrote: »
    Why unless they are changing the glove after each customer they are largely pointless.

Worse possible as without glove they are probably using sanitizer. The glove will be riddled.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WashYourHands

1) Leave the house as little as I need to
    2) Eat healthy - alcohol only on weekends
    3) Ring my parents often
    4) Ignore any celebrity news (always did but reinforced now)
    5) When out walking avoid people as much as I can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Went to pick up some shopping yesterday in the local supervalu using their online order/collection service - the idea being to avoid going in store.

Parks the car and out comes the staff member. No gloves, no mask, made me sign for it and wasn't too worried about staying 2m away.

I would have been better off just doing the shopping as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

fryup wrote: »

I'm mindful of only picking up what I intend to buy, period.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

fryup wrote: »

Do you go into shops just to pick up the boxes of Tampax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Going out for a walk before eight in the morning, and after eight in the evening.

Gloves and hand sanitiser on my person whenever leaving the house.

If the checkout operator isnt changing gloves for every transaction, its pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do you go into shops just to pick up the boxes of Tampax?

no :p

but the OP said if he touched an item he'd buy it....so me in my smart-alexy way was thinking what if he picked up a box of tampax by mistake would he still pay for it??

oh nevermind, i'll get my coat

• Advertisement
Advertisement