Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Service suspended: Pay now, be credited later

• 05-04-2020 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

I have an unlimited cinema pass, for which I pay monthly. At first there was a twelve-month commitment, but now I can cancel any month. Obviously the cinema has closed because of Covid-19, so the membership fee has been suspended. When they closed, they said that everyone would be credited with their remaining balance if/when the cinema reopens.

More recently, the chain has emailed everyone to say that they would take one more payment on/before 17 April, so I'm being asked to pay for another month. In my case, that would give me seven weeks of credit. For all we currently know, I might never actually get that.

Should they be offering customers the option to skip a payment and forfeit the month's credit?

Advertisement