Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Thesiger

Anon165 wrote: »
    I have to say Ireland comes across as a wild place, almost medieval at times as I said, a glimpse into the past(and current) feudal systems.

This is only the second gang related murder in Ireland in 2020. There’s been maybe four botched hits as well. Hardly wild, there’s some bad spots like everywhere else but Ireland is mostly nice and peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

KM792 wrote: »
    Did anyone see the screenshot going around of the names of the 3 arrested?

Two have "famous" Limerick surnames

Seen the 3 names alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Thought I'd post this after reading up on the gang world in Ireland during the time the kid was brutally killed a few weeks ago.

I felt a bit deflated when I heard this, that can't be a good sign, even though RL was a brutal thug people like him seem to command a sense of admiration.

I was never a fan of a certain section of the traveller community, maybe it's just a small section of them but they can be like medieval bandits with no regard for human life causing mayhem wherever they go.

RL seemed to be the only one who'd stand up to them. Maybe he was a person void of any humanity that targeted anyone in his way though, not particularly against travellers. I'm talking about how he took on CP and his extensive group.

Does anybody know the back story to RL, why he became the way he did, was he sexually abused as a kid, did prison at a young age corrupt him beyond repair?

Are there other potential RL's out there or was he at the top of his game, nobody could be that ruthless etc?

I have to say Ireland comes across as a wild place, almost medieval at times as I said, a glimpse into the past(and current) feudal systems.

WTF.

Hi journo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

New thread started off with a bang. Literally

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Thought I'd post this after reading up on the gang world in Ireland during the time the kid was brutally killed a few weeks ago.

I felt a bit deflated when I heard this, that can't be a good sign, even though RL was a brutal thug people like him seem to command a sense of admiration.

I was never a fan of a certain section of the traveller community, maybe it's just a small section of them but they can be like medieval bandits with no regard for human life causing mayhem wherever they go.

RL seemed to be the only one who'd stand up to them. Maybe he was a person void of any humanity that targeted anyone in his way though, not particularly against travellers. I'm talking about how he took on CP and his extensive group.

Does anybody know the back story to RL, why he became the way he did, was he sexually abused as a kid, did prison at a young age corrupt him beyond repair?

Are there other potential RL's out there or was he at the top of his game, nobody could be that ruthless etc?

Its like in Limerick are certain guys altho crims stood up to scummier people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Dundalkian

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Would this be the Limericks Cristy K's clan that were with him?

I tried to pm you but it won't send

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Anon165

Thesiger wrote: »
    This is only the second gang related murder in Ireland in 2020. There’s been maybe four botched hits as well. Hardly wild, there’s some bad spots like everywhere else but Ireland is mostly nice and peaceful.

I get what your saying, I've just concentrated on one small section.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Stooped

Dundalkian wrote: »

Good riddance to him. Not so ruthless now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Another scumbag off the streets, happy days!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

blinding wrote: »
    And there was us thinking he was Mr Sensible ;)
    What I mean is he’s a gluebag

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

THIS THE END OF IT ROBBIE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

What a shame, he would have been the only one who would have wiped out all those young cretins in coolock / darndale. I was highly satisfied with his last messy job.
    A top bloke, he'll be missed.
    RIP Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Gearoidknows

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5285228/robbie-lawlor-keane-mulready-woods-suspect-blasted-daylight-hit/

Confirmed, and the three arrested, two from Dublin one from limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Wardey27

What was Robbie doing with the Dundons?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Wardey27

What was Robbie doing with the Dundons?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Cue all the boyz becoming visible again and acting like they weren’t ****ting it since “the scauldy child” got killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Loads of videos flying around of people celebrating his death in Drogheda and Dublin. Lots of folk will sleep easy tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Cue all the boyz becoming visible again and acting like they weren’t ****ting it since “the scauldy child” got killed.

Ah in fairness I was nearly afraid of him myself at one stage and I'm nowhere near that scene.

But a lot of young lads will find their voice now he's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Loads of videos flying around of people celebrating his death in Drogheda and Dublin. Lots of folk will sleep easy tonight I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A few weeks ago this thread would have being mobbed. It just shows how times change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Ya think you’d be safe in the Ardoyne in Belfast.

A few weeks ago this thread would have being mobbed. It just shows how times change.

Isn’t that because there’s another gangland thread that’s private?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

If these reports are true it just shows what a literally dead end business the whole thing is.

Be as scary, ruthless, fearsome and psychopathic as you like.

Just like the Virus, those cold, hard metallic rounds tearing into your flesh won't give a rats arse about 'your reputation'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

dd973 wrote: »
    If these reports are true it just shows what a literally dead end business the whole thing is.

Be as scary, ruthless, fearsome and psychopathic as you like.

Just like the Virus, those cold, hard metallic rounds tearing into your flesh won't give a rats arse about 'your reputation'.
    They sure ain’t bullet proof !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭Jeff2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Isn’t that because there’s another gangland thread that’s private?

No. The original gNgland thread got hijacked by supped you southsiders and country boys trying to be hard and make contacts through this website. It therefore all fell to sh1t. They don’t seem to be on it since the Covid thing tho. Probably cuddled up with wifey and child at home and not spoofing off work in the office

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Gutted. Ruthless was my favourite. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Carioco

As someone who used to drink with him many years ago this feels weird.

I knew what he was capable of and it didn't shock me about Drogheda because you could sense he was pure pyscho.

At the same time don't forget he was the only guy fighting Mr. Flashy the guy who literally murdered a couple's son then made his mother and father listen to their daughter in laws gang rape on the phone before the couple disappeared forever

I guess Mr. Flashy's gang will be running wild now.

• Advertisement

Gutted. Ruthless was my favourite. May he rest in peace.

Seconded

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement