Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

ted1 wrote: »
    Who the F*** sound want to form a government right now ? We’re going to have a bigger crash than 2008. No money in the country to deliver on promises, and having to make drastic cuts.

Actually everyone is going to be in the same boat , no country can point at another and say you lived beyond your means ala 2011.
    People will be willing to accept things ordinarily unacceptable but with a caveat as to why they are necessary.
    Honestly we can come out of this crisis better than imagined if the while of society is valued.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,422 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If the SF manifesto previously looked foolish...

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I haven't seen or heard anything from Mary Lou, Slab Murphy and other good Republicans in ages.

What's going on?

What exactly do you want SF to do right now? Argue everything the government are trying to do? You’d be doing some gurning then.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I haven't seen or heard anything from Mary Lou, Slab Murphy and other good Republicans in ages.

What's going on?

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

In the days after the election (I did not vote SF BTW) I thought " you know what yeah, maby it's time for change" and I was on board. Now, I'm glad they are not in Government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,039 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Greyfox wrote: »
    No people don't like them because it's anti SF people trying to score points by looking for silly oppertunities to knock the party when in reality keeping quiet is the right thing for SF to do. We all need to take a little break from any FG/FF/SF talk.

Funnily you will always find that it is pro-SF posters who have the highest post-count on any of the threads related to Sinn Fein, or indeed any other party-political issue.

If they took the break, there would be nothing to say. As it is, pointing out the foolishness of the pro-SF defence is an entertaining diversion in these difficult times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    Funnily you will always find that it is pro-SF posters who have the highest post-count on any of the threads related to Sinn Fein, or indeed any other party-political issue.

If they took the break, there would be nothing to say. As it is, pointing out the foolishness of the pro-SF defence is an entertaining diversion in these difficult times.

Funny any Sinn Fein thread you're in there. A Green party supporter with Sinn Fein derangent syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

astrofool wrote: »
    If the SF manifesto previously looked foolish...

What you mean? Not any more so than FFG's. Possible alot less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Mary lous kid goes to the Dublin school that was one of the first affected, so she has been in isolation every since.

This isn't a time for political point scoring.

They are looking after their families

So have Harris and Simon Coveney children , point scoring Sinn Fein would be good at that

biko wrote: »
    I suppose this goes to show how bombarded we are with snippets and images every day, and how politicians must stay in the press or be considered vanished.

Funnily sinn Fein were in our our face 24/7 up to 2 weeks ago ! Complaining and complaining but no action , there a great opposition party but please leave them there

• Advertisement

zoobizoo wrote: »
    They're writing letters.....

Mary Lou in an interview the other night: "I wrote a letter to the Taoiseach outlining what needs to be done/what needed to be done".

Pearse Doherty: "I wrote a letter to the banks telling them what needs to be done"

How are these letters delivered?
    Are they read?

SF have a funny way of trying to claim that they have some influence from these letters...

Pearse was like one that the bank officials were waiting at a desk for his letter to arrive for advice on what to do next ! Omg the arrogance of them

Pearse Doherty's wife re registered as a nurse to help fight the Covid 19 so he's probably a stay at home dad at the moment.

Probably not allowed she was a nurse in a private army !

ronaneire wrote: »
    That was from the 2nd of March for two weeks. Self isolation is well over. If you are in self ioslation, there is still plenty of ways to communicate to the outside world!

She was probably busy investing slabs recent inheritance on the collapse of shares

The fact Varadkar is a detached doctor in a family of doctors did no favours to his popularity when the biggest concerns were about access to housing and healthcare for people outside that sort of social sphere.

Now his detachment comes across as courageous rather than indifferent, and his family are right in the middle of what's coming, not aloof from it all. He's been impressive since they started actually doing something, and his speeches have been superb.

FG bear significant responsibility for state of the health service. But right now people are concerned with what is right in front of us. And with that they inspire infinitely more confidence than SF, FF or the greens would.

So SF are quiet because attacking them might just highlight this.

Or it might show sf for what they really are - wasters

Or it might show sf for what they really are - wasters

Every politician is a waster, even whoever you’re a little fanboy of.

What have FG done that's any good in connection to COVID-19?

Have a useless health system?

It showed the hospital and trolley crisis does not really exist only clogged up with social welfare recipients because working people have go to work and no time for a/e with a sniffle .
    Doctors as bad giving them letters to go !

Greyfox wrote: »
    I wish all the anti SF eejits would just go away, now is not the time to be acting like silly children

Or all the sf boardies would piss off !

dh1985 wrote: »
    I would have thought they were more niall boylan fans tbh

Niall Boylan followed by love island !

kingbhome wrote: »
    Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't haha.

Dammed if u don’t sees to have won at there council meeting with slab

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Their finance guy has piped up saying he would give laid off worker's 525 euro a week for 20 weeks

Id give them 550 euro for 26 weeks

• Advertisement

Their finance guy has piped up saying he would give laid off worker's 525 euro a week for 20 weeks

Id give them 550 euro for 26 weeks

28 weeks if u vote for me next election!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

After WWII the British electorate swung dramatically left, embraced social democracy, and Labour were given a powerful mandate to introduce sweeping reforms that included the NHS and massive Public Housing building schemes. I could see a similar swing away from the two all-things-to-all-men FF/FG parties.

Whatever happens the world will be very different politically after all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

theres quite a lot from Pierce Doherty on social media. just because the indo isnt slagging SF off doesnt meant theyve disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

It showed the hospital and trolley crisis does not really exist only clogged up with social welfare recipients because working people have go to work and no time for a/e with a sniffle .
    Doctors as bad giving them letters to go !

The FFG comical Ali is in da house.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,643 ✭✭✭storker

Or all the sf boardies would piss off !

...with the FFG fanboys and their pathetic point-scoring in the face of a serious world=-wide health emergency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Paul Donnelly SF soon realised that after his tweet about Varadkar's speech,

What was it? He's my local TD so I should know about it! :eek:

Yeah OP it's just you SF hasn't disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Sinn Fein have cravenly backed off into the hedge when there's a proper crisis in true Homer Simpson style

When the real women and men of Ireland are trying to get the country back on it's feet Sinn Fein will come out of the cowardly hibernation and start off the mouthing, barracking, bitching and usual sniping.

Then the usual dullards, mouth breathers and armchair revolutinoaries will shakily stand up in front of their tv's and laptops, shake their fists, and do nothing other than vote for them, then they'll sit back down, fart and belch and continue being utterly useless.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Sinn Fein have cravenly backed off into the hedge when there's a proper crisis in true Homer Simpson style

When the real women and men of Ireland are trying to get the country back on it's feet Sinn Fein will come out of the cowardly hibernation and start off the mouthing, barracking, bitching and usual sniping.

Then the usual dullards, mouth breathers and armchair revolutinoaries will shakily stand up in front of their tv's and laptops, shake their fists, and do nothing other than vote for them, then they'll sit back down, fart and belch and continue being utterly useless.

You clearly have no idea of what the constitution says after an election. The previous government stays in place till a new government is formed. Form what I can see all parties are fully backing the actions of the present government with a few suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

Dont worry. I am sure they will sudden have lots to say about FG's handling of the virus once its all blown over in 6 to 8 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement