Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essay Writing

• 11-02-2020 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

• I will be heading back to university soon to study psychotherapy
    • I haven't wrote an essay (A college assignment) in well over 10 years
    • When I was in uni - I wasn't very good at them

Question: What can I do to improve my writing? Is there any specific class or books folks would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭banie01

• I will be heading back to university soon to study psychotherapy
    • I haven't wrote an essay (A college assignment) in well over 10 years
    • When I was in uni - I wasn't very good at them

Question: What can I do to improve my writing? Is there any specific class or books folks would recommend?

Most Uni's have a writing centre and offer student mentoring, support and tutoring.
    Use it, they are an asset and are there to help.

Always read the essay guidelines/requirements, understand what the essay needs to address.
    Write it and leave it a week if possible, to review and edit.
    Rushed writing can be many essay's biggest downfall.

Keep focus and carry on.
    I'm back at 40 myself and the essays are grand ;)
    Groupwork with 18y.o in unstructured and PBL assignments...
    That's when the fun starts ;)

Good luck with your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 michaelvvmoreno

You can also turn to one of the online companies that help students with writing essays, homework, and other things. Students often ask themselves the same question - "Should I use an online essay writing service?" 

There are certain situations that completely justify your seeking help from professional writers from online essay writing services such as https://writemyessay.nyc. Let's say you don't have time to complete all your academic projects and find time to prepare for exams somewhere between writing sessions. Perhaps you have big personal or family problems that make you unable to focus on assignments. You can't risk losing your scholarship or sacrificing your grade point average just because you can't do the work. What happens when you have no idea how to do the work? Your instructor hasn't given you enough instruction, and you don't understand the topic at all. In this case, you can seek help from a professional writer. Have you written a paper, but can't handle the editing? And many, many other situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ddoolan03

This is the worst advice that I have ever read on this website. This innocent-looking scheme is exactly the kind of thing that would get OP a failed module and €150 repeat fee at best, or extreme academic consequences at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ErikaArnold

There are some courses for improving your writing skills on Coursera. Some of them are really good. I passed some of the courses when I was applying for a copywriter's job position. There is also a good book about storytelling called The Art of Storytelling: Easy Steps to Presenting an Unforgettable Story by John D. Walsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭dickdasr1234

And there was me thinking that the point of such coursework was the learning that occurred during the thought process.

I worked so intensely on my first college essay that I recreated it word-for-word in an exam months later.

Don't look for shortcuts - get stuck in and enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DennisPraet

hello

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tosserberry

@ They have very high quality thesis writing service!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Susan_Batten

During my student years, I faced with many different tasks. And each was difficult in its own way. I'm glad that I learned how to write writing nursing care plans and other tasks. Such services are useful when you have a shortage of time to write a voluminous and complex work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 montigokylie

Great post

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kledo5

Show all your skills extreme driving and drifting burn rubber on the race track.

• Advertisement
Advertisement