Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1’s preparation courses

• 22-10-2019 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,
    I want to take the FE1’s next spring. What is the best course to do?
    Can you split the exams into 4 in spring and 4 the following spring?
    Any advice greatly appreciated! I’m a stay at home mom and will really need to prioritise time for study. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 miglaws84

Following! I'm looking for the same advise, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

miglaws84 wrote: »
    Following! I'm looking for the same advise, please!
    Think I’m going to go with independent colleges online course. I’ll do one course now and sit 4 in spring then do another course in June and sit the final 4 in autumn. I’m excited and anxious now! I think I’m going to feel slightly overwhelmed initially!

I'm looking into Independent Colleges myself, seems like the best one.. I'm nervous though and wondering if it will be worth the agony of getting back into studying again!

I'm looking into Independent Colleges myself, seems like the best one.. I'm nervous though and wondering if it will be worth the agony of getting back into studying again!

I hope it is, I have to make it work. I’m sure it’ll be ok once we get into it. But my evenings are going to be spent studying and at least one full day at the weekend. Hopefully getting a trainee position will be ok

APower79 wrote: »
    I hope it is, I have to make it work. I’m sure it’ll be ok once we get into it. But my evenings are going to be spent studying and at least one full day at the weekend. Hopefully getting a trainee position will be ok

Have you decided what subjects you’re going to do together? I’m thinking EU, Company, Criminal and Tort.

• Advertisement

Have you decided what subjects you’re going to do together? I’m thinking EU, Company, Criminal and Tort.

I’m not sure. I’ve heard property, equity, contract and criminal is a good 4 to start. Not that I want to leave the ‘harder’ ones together. Can I ask how you decided on those? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lawstudentirl

Just wondering if anyone can share their experience of doing vs not doing a preparatory course for the FE1s? Trying to decide whether to sign up to one at all. I have a law degree

I’m not sure. I’ve heard property, equity, contract and criminal is a good 4 to start. Not that I want to leave the ‘harder’ ones together. Can I ask how you decided on those? Thanks!

Well I've changed my mind and I'm now doing EU, Contract, Property and Equity. This is only because I have gotten my hands on those subjects from the independent college course from 2014 so I'm going to work on them and then I'll sign up for the final four next year (Constitutional, Tort, Company and Criminal)... all going to plan! The only thing is that I'm going to have to do is make sure I find out about any updates in those areas of law since 2014!:eek:

Just wondering if anyone can share their experience of doing vs not doing a preparatory course for the FE1s? Trying to decide whether to sign up to one at all. I have a law degree

I completed my law degree in 2014 so I'm doing it to refresh my memory and to guide me through, hoping it will give me tips on what to focus on...otherwise I would never sit down and study for them. As you can probably tell that's why I'm here 5 years later:D

Well I've changed my mind and I'm now doing EU, Contract, Property and Equity. This is only because I have gotten my hands on those subjects from the independent college course from 2014 so I'm going to work on them and then I'll sign up for the final four next year (Constitutional, Tort, Company and Criminal)... all going to plan! The only thing is that I'm going to have to do is make sure I find out about any updates in those areas of law since 2014!:eek:

I completed my law degree in 2014 so I'm doing it to refresh my memory and to guide me through, hoping it will give me tips on what to focus on...otherwise I would never sit down and study for them. As you can probably tell that's why I'm here 5 years later:D

That combination sounds good. EU is meant to be a broad course so doing it with slightly ‘easier’ subjects makes sense.
    So you’re not doing the course for the spring exam? Just using those papers?

That combination sounds good. EU is meant to be a broad course so doing it with slightly ‘easier’ subjects makes sense.
    So you’re not doing the course for the spring exam? Just using those papers?

yeah I'm going to try. I'm hoping that the material I have from '14 will be enough to pass and won't have changed too much. I will have to look at the exam papers and reports from '14 to present and rely on the power of the internet to find any updates in case law etc.

• Advertisement

yeah I'm going to try. I'm hoping that the material I have from '14 will be enough to pass and won't have changed too much. I will have to look at the exam papers and reports from '14 to present and rely on the power of the internet to find any updates in case law etc.

Good luck! I’ve signed up for the course for the first 4. Here it goes!

Good luck! I’ve signed up for the course for the first 4. Here it goes!
    good luck! What subjects did you choose?

good luck! What subjects did you choose?

EU, criminal, contract and property. Missed the first week so trying to catch up already!

Advertisement