Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ITIL V4

• 20-04-2019 12:58pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Passed this yesterday so I thought I'd share my notes on it :

Study : I used the Axelos android app for mock exam and quick quizes. I also used Dion training's videos.
    I thought the subject matter was as interesting as counting the freckles on my arm. The trainer did well with the material he had, to be fair.

Exam : first off, do not buy the exam from peoplecert. they want 368 euros for the exam. I bought a voucher from Dion training for 299 Dollars which came out around 260 euros.

The exam itself is done from your own laptop wherever you want (I did mine from a quiet meeting room). The exam is scheduled for 60 minutes, you'll need 40 at the very very outside, I was done in 25.

All told it took about 2 weeks, however I only studied for a max of 2 hours per day (working days only). So maybe 15 hours all told including the quizes and mock exams.

Its an exam I needed for work - far from my choice. That comes next with the CISSP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭wijam

cheers for the thoughts Horgan, need to look at doing this over the summer, a requirement for work, just need to get a part-time degree out of the way first over the next few weeks and I can start looking at it at the end of May

We have Udemy training accounts in work, so I'll see what there training is like on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Thanks for the tips. I noticed that too about PeopleCert. €368 vs €267 via Dion Training... no brainer!

Advertisement