Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OEM MK1 GT turbo Starlet

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Lovely car. Reminds me of a 93 starlet I had. Was the "S" model, looked like a turbo from the back, no bonnet scoop or bump. Miss that car now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

Ha yeah everybody misses there Starlets after there Gone ha there such a fun little car to drive .. Mine will be staying here with me for life I could never part with it now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Took a few pictures for Darragh the other day. :)

1b5b249016f697cff63e2109c0c4ebb4

5258fc9c7a5aed35470fefb5938e464d

ee4765a935c23aafdbec88477f24b452

fd375e782116e264947aa8079fe27b7c

a3a1652299193872ed569cb051cba553

5b84edd0bc8ff69ed7e27b1a83a86b1f

5a73100a458bf8eacf0285e33355e646

f1c426af00b3e5d12e299f308b1ff39b

9f3068a2baad8cabcf3f5ffd00f56be7

ea0e6dcebb1deda7d891317b92e5169b

4a85b365377e973fbb7a6387d723f3f8

Hope ye like them and if ya don't, at least I didn't knock your mirror off. :p

Haha I like them so much I think I'll find you another mirror haha
    Cheers Cian delighted with them they show the colour of the car nicely im browned off with people sayin "no that's not green it's black"
    ITS GREEN

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

Get yourself a standard exhaust, ditch the cannon

• Advertisement

Get yourself a standard exhaust, ditch the cannon

Have the exhaust bought just waitin go get it in my hands .. It's wreckin my head lookin at it its killin the car

The past while Iv been meaning to take the tints off the car so today I got the hair dryer out and peeled them off .. Took bloody ages to do but I'm happy there off now as there was a bad job done on them before hand when it was in Japan I think and they had air bubbles and ripples on them so my oem look is better now with them gone

205EF8AF-3970-44C8-8637-0F3185201153_zpsoznixm24.jpg

CD808D9D-4D74-424B-985E-DF7FDA715EDA_zpsi0fmswpq.jpg

6F619493-EA4F-4148-AAB1-280B001294B5_zpsnwuo5ev0.jpg

9EF37423-42E2-4A09-9524-72B1D001BCFA_zpsc9ib4auk.jpg

FC417E3C-417A-43C2-8324-7B47198D3643_zps7lusemlt.jpg

88930560-3827-4F72-805E-E168C48CDDF1_zpst0os2qnw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Super job as always lad.

Super job as always lad.

Thanks man .. I should have more updates soon when I get this exhaust for the car so more work to be done
    Think I may have a job lined up now so progress will be mega crazy with money comin in Iv so much to do

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

Super clean car fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Great thread, hard to believe its an 1991 car.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

4a85b365377e973fbb7a6387d723f3f8
    [/CENTER]

Love this pic :D

Thanks for the comments lads good to see others like this project
    Iv got my job back so start on site Monday morning so things will be good for this project I plan to get it sprayed up next and so will cost quite a bit of money
    Spray the body
    Spray engine bay
    Spray engine + gearbox
    Spray wishbones
    Spray rear axel
    Wax oil under the car and anything that comes out will be replaced with new parts
    Should be fairly mint but I'll need to save up a fortune for that tho it's a lot of work
    After this it will be all brand new brake set up from toyota
    Then new suspension set up from toyota
    Get my Recaro fishnetts all refurbished so there brand new with all new bolsters and material off Recaro themselfs in the uk
    And of course try get myself all these optional extras there's only the impossible ones left now ha
    The list goes on and on but it will be hopefully the cleanest starlet in the country
    It's a clean car now but I want it MINT in showroom condition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Thanks for the comments lads good to see others like this project
    Iv got my job back so start on site Monday morning so things will be good for this project I plan to get it sprayed up next and so will cost quite a bit of money
    Spray the body
    Spray engine bay
    Spray engine + gearbox
    Spray wishbones
    Spray rear axel
    Wax oil under the car and anything that comes out will be replaced with new parts
    Should be fairly mint but I'll need to save up a fortune for that tho it's a lot of work
    After this it will be all brand new brake set up from toyota
    Then new suspension set up from toyota
    Get my Recaro fishnetts all refurbished so there brand new with all new bolsters and material off Recaro themselfs in the uk
    And of course try get myself all these optional extras there's only the impossible ones left now ha
    The list goes on and on but it will be hopefully the cleanest starlet in the country
    It's a clean car now but I want it MINT in showroom condition

I'm pretty much in the same situation with my saab, there's two parts I'm determined to have, a whaletail spoiler, and a rear louvre for the window, hens teeth are easier got then these two things

Ha ha im in the same boat man
    I want the optional extra navi boy which is a compass for the starlet and want the rear clean box which is a bin that goes in the boot and there impossible to get .. It's hard to even get a good picture of one never mind source one
    Iv contacts on Japan and New Zealand and a mate of mine has them in Pakistan and Japan so if they can't get it nobody can ha
    Navi boy and clean box will cost me atleast €500 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

You id be about the same, 1500 all in for the two bits i want you can get a fiberglass whaletail so i might go with that

It'd do till you get the genuine part for it man and when you source the genuine one swap them over and put the other one in the attic for a rainy day
    With mine you can't get copy's only the original ones are available

Iv still got about 4000 worth of extras left I'd say but itl be a one off starlet with them all never seen before so well worth it

Not much of an update just got these few bits out of Toyota today
    Just new vacuum pipe clips, cat studs and nuts, rad bracket bolts and stuff

A96473FC-2A24-4E17-9558-C69482E1AD0F_zpslzbb0cf5.jpg

Toyota are great arent they, can get almost all my Chaser OME stuff from Toyota Ireland.

You're a lucky pair of gits.
    If Mazda get a wiff of a car being an import, they have to email Holland, who have to email Japan, who have to email Holland who have to email Mazda Ireland so you can find out if you can even get the part anymore.

Bloody nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

CianRyan wrote: »
    You're a lucky pair of gits.
    If Mazda get a wiff of a car being an import, they have to email Holland, who have to email Japan, who have to email Holland who have to email Mazda Ireland so you can find out if you can even get the part anymore.

Bloody nightmare.

And then they send you to a Ford dealer who has the part....

jca wrote: »
    And then they send you to a Ford dealer who has the part....

Or an Aston Martin dealer believe it or not. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Aston Martin db7 has Mazda 323f (pop up light type) rear lights, 80s Mazda 323 outer handles and MX5 interior handles :)

Got this optional extra radio of my mate matty today so very happy with this at least now iv a bit of music in the car and my optional extra CD player plugs into it so I can play cd and cassette now :D
    Bring on the Beatles :afro:

0F346397-4DF2-47CE-B9DB-BB43E83FDD07_zps89xjiys5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Got this optional extra radio of my mate matty today so very happy with this at least now iv a bit of music in the car and my optional extra CD player plugs into it so I can play cd and cassette now :D
    Bring on the Beatles :afro:

0F346397-4DF2-47CE-B9DB-BB43E83FDD07_zps89xjiys5.jpg

Wow that's deadly... I'd say that was an expensive option back then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

what does the button below 'tape' do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

what does the button below 'tape' do ?

Wifi hotspot.

the tape deck makes for a good phone holder as well

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Wifi hotspot.

the tape deck makes for a good phone holder as well

hah , its probably either infrared audio (japs had infrared on everything in the 90's - 00's ) or some sort of traffic thing, or possibly a button for the cd changer, but id like to see if OP knows.

Im not normally a fan of a lot of JDM stuff or starlets but my christ OP your doing this one very well. I admire the desire for factory parts and all the options. I never realised a starlet could be spec'd so well.

Thanks Eric good to know that this starlet has changed your view on these little cars ha I'm sick to the teeth of everybody trying to get a faster starlet and there mostly in wrong hands and people have them in bits now so they have a terribal name but I can safely say this one is in great hands and only genuine Toyota parts till be used and every starlet optional extra will be bought for it but it's a long and expensive project to get it done but better done right and slow instead of quick and dodgy
    I don't know what the button under tape is I think it's just a mute button but I shall find out and fill you in
    Thanks for the good feedback lads much appreciated

• Advertisement

That Japanese writing under the button says 'traffic report' what ever that means.

Advertisement