Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Miami Show Band Chords..

• 28-02-2014 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got the chords to Can't You Understand, Fran O'Toole and The Miamis?

Not being lazy, but struggling to work the chords out.

Fran would have been 67 this February.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I don't have any instrument here, and unfortunately I don't have perfect pitch. I can find the chords, but I can't guess the key... Do you know what key it's in?
    Are you going to play this on the guitar or piano? Just wondering what level of detail you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Hi Oink,

Don't break a leg on this one! :)... I thought the chords might be on the web, searched but nothing...

I was just working it out for myself on guitar, but I'm thinking on covering it if the right singer comes along.

It resolves to F, with Am and C's, and its probably simple enough when you know how to play it :( the mid 8 is pretty clever with a Key change I think, but then I lose patience...maybe I'm getting too old to concentrate!!

Cheers and thanks...but no hassle....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Ach so. If you're not too pushed I ight leave it then.

I'll have to listen to the Miami Show Band again. That's a very good tune, very well played - if you like that kind of music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Yeah it is, its not my usual thing, cracking song tho. Seems like the most other Miami stuff was part novelty, hucklebuck, "of its time" type thing. This is a bit stand out from that. I have a pal who played in the Miami circle of musicians back in the day, i must ask him.

Cheers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Just played on "Sunday with Miriam" - brought a tear to this eye, as it always does. Great song.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Advertisement