Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yale Conexis l1 Smart Lock

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭davidod1

My door is the 93mm, so I'm not sure what the story is. I wonder was the Conexis the same. I'd imagine it needs to hook up with the multi-point lock. I'm not sure how that connection is made. It might be worth checking with them what are the issues, and what, if anything can be done to overcome them.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lardarse

10% off at the moment for the bluesafe website. Still little dear though.

Thanks Iardarse. Just had a look at the WiFi model, which is the only one worth thinking about IMO.

Subtotal£275.73 Shipping Flat rate: £5.00 - Total£280.73 (includes £51.56 VAT)

I don't think they would remove the VAT, and then by the time we pay probably another €130 to get it in, certainly over €400 - as you say; just too expensive.

Pity though, I would like to get one and fit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spook80

Just in case anyone was interested, i purchased and fitted the blusafe origin smart and have it installed 2 days now. So far i love it. Finger prints work perfect, keytags are great and obviously unlocks through the phone as a last resort. Love the voice as well just for reassurance on what’s happening. I’ve never found an instructional video/manual as easy to work off as this.

Yes, very interested thank you.

I would be looking for bronze, but they advised me a few months ago that bronze wasn't yet on the cards. I think they wanted to see how sales would go with the chrome model first.

Do you mind me asking what was the breakdown and overall landed cost for the lock. It occurs to me that the cost difference in Ireland between the Blusafe and the Yale Conexis could be quite significant. The Conexis can be bought in Currys for €229. But there is little doubt that the Blusafe is a much better system.

• Advertisement

I got the satin chrome which was a perfect match for the old handle.

Altogether i ordered the smart lock, the Wi-Fi bridge and an extra set of 2 keycards and it came to GBP338 including shipping from the north so about €400 . I had emailed them about compatibility and they mentioned how expensive customs would be. They offered to send it to one of their partners in Northern Ireland who would then courier it down. It is expensive compared to other options but personally I’m glad i got this one so far anyway.

That would be exactly my choice on configuration as well. It was decent of them to help out in the postage/duty situation. I just need them to do the satin bronze; to match the old handle and letterbox, then I'll doing the same.

Thanks for the info.

Hey Spook80, just wondering how you are getting on with your BluSafe Origin? Has it performed as expected, anything unexpected, etc.

I'm getting my mind around to go with the black model as they are still not manufacturing a bronze model. It just means that I'd have to replace the letterbox and door knocker.

I’m still loving it. No problems at all. Sometimes my fingerprint on my thumb doesn’t register but seems to be only me in the family that this happens to and I’m a nail biter so i think that’s the cause. I just use my index finger when that happens. I have several fingers on both hands registered for each user.

Battery is down to 75% since i installed at the beginning of May which is fairly good considering the amount of messing around with it at the beginning and demonstrations as well as having a 5 year old that likes to try open it with his finger print.

I’d still always make sure to have my phone with me as a back up just in case something fails and i’d be locked out but it seems very reliable.

Anything I’m missing feel free to ask.

• Advertisement
Advertisement