Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Agreed he really speaks a lot of sense along with Gemma, John Waters and I advice you check another excellent account called the Grand Torino. Much better than any mainstream media dogma.

The problem with most of them is it causes people to walk around saying "dogma" noting would drive you to want to punch someone in the face more .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Is this where you would up after you watched the Joe Rogan Bigfoot episode?

Honestly, I can't tell if you are serious or not but Dave Cullen is not some intellectual heavyweight. He's just some guy on youtube who watched a bunch of Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro videos and repacked their grift into something he could sell to Irish incels.

Cullen has been on YouTube long before either Peterson or Shapiro blew up. Peterson was unknown before autumn 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SilverKrest

There's nothing bat**** crazy about her. I admire her talks where she exposes the corrupt elite in media/government/police. The masses are happy to have the wool pulled over their eyes time and time again. They believe all reports in government backed media to be true..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

It's hard to believe anything in the media these days. Not sure what constitutes crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

There's nothing bat**** crazy about her. I admire her talks where she exposes the corrupt elite in media/government/police. The masses are happy to have the wool pulled over their eyes time and time again. They believe all reports in government backed media to be true..
    It's just as bad to believe everything she says is true also though.

Yes an alternative voice is sorely needed. She is not it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

She's as believable as the MSM. I try and listen to a bit of everything these days and try and decipher something resembling reality from it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

I've been following her out of morbid curriosity. While there may be some substance in some of what she has to say, not everything is a globalist conspiracy. She went mad there antivax for a while, spouting as if she knew more than an Infectious Disease Consultant in SJH. I know who'd I'd be listening to in this regard.

She also seems to block people immediately if they dare question her and accuse those who disagree with her of being sheeple. She also likes going through people accounts in order to attack them, rather than the point they're making.

Being honest, I feel somewhat sorry for her. She seems to have suffered a lot of personal hurt in a short space of time and maybe that affected her (not going to state explicitely for fear of being sued!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Well aren't the simple minded lucky to have such enlightened souls as yourself around to tell us how wrong we all are? What would we do without your unbridled condescension? That fact that you make such a post without seeing how much of a pretentious ass it makes you look is telling.

John Waters is a personification of our fantasies, of our sense of what we are becoming, of how we might unfold ourselves. He is ...perhaps the most spectacular light on the skyline, a meteorite of desire plummeting through the Irish zeitgeist."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

I dont have twitter

Its a platform for vacous idiots.

This

Ipso wrote: »
    John Waters is a personification of our fantasies, of our sense of what we are becoming, of how we might unfold ourselves. He is ...perhaps the most spectacular light on the skyline, a meteorite of desire plummeting through the Irish zeitgeist."

It gives an insight into how Irish mindset, particularly under the age of 30, has changed so rapidly in recent years. Both John Waters and Gemma O'Doherty were both considered serious journalists at the two largest publications in this country. Now they are cast aside from their respective newspapers because they don't hold the right opinions. Says more about us than them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

It gives an insight into how Irish mindset, particularly under the age of 30, has changed so rapidly in recent years. Both John Waters and Gemma O'Doherty were both considered serious journalists at the two largest publications in this country. Now they are cast aside from their respective newspapers because they don't hold the right opinions. Says more about us than them.

Semi related: John Waters released a book a couple of months ago called Give Us Back The Bad Roads. I recommend it. It's a bit messy and self indulgent, but the Irish Times and media exposure stuff is absolutely astonishing.

People like Fintan O Toole and Una Mullally are liars and intellectual charlatans who have no interest in journalism and only in smearing others that they see as threats. They literally smeared, trolled and lied about Waters.

Waters has his flaws, but he comes across as a genuine truth seeker.

Semi related: John Waters released a book a couple of months ago called Give Us Back The Bad Roads. I recommend it. It's a bit messy and self indulgent, but the Irish Times and media exposure stuff is absolutely astonishing.

People like Fintan O Toole and Una Mullally are liars; intellectual charlatans who have no interest in journalism and only in smearing others that they see as threats. They literally smeared, trolled and lied about Waters.

Astonishing good or astonishing bad?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

People like Fintan O Toole and Una Mullally are liars; intellectual charlatans who have no interest in journalism and only in smearing others that they see as threats. They literally smeared, trolled and lied about Waters.

Have to say I just presumed it was a book giving out about migrants etc. I didn't know it was about his life as a journalist.

Might give it a look so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

OP wrote:
    When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Who?????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

fxotoole wrote: »
    Who?????

Well friend, you've come to the right place...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,764 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

PhoneMain wrote: »
    I've been following her out of morbid curriosity. While there may be some substance in some of what she has to say, not everything is a globalist conspiracy. She went mad there antivax for a while, spouting as if she knew more than an Infectious Disease Consultant in SJH. I know who'd I'd be listening to in this regard.

She also seems to block people immediately if they dare question her and accuse those who disagree with her of being sheeple. She also likes going through people accounts in order to attack them, rather than the point they're making.

Being honest, I feel somewhat sorry for her. She seems to have suffered a lot of personal hurt in a short space of time and maybe that affected her (not going to state explicitely for fear of being sued!)
    Her latest craze is that everyone is a Soros shill.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Some of her posts on twitter lately seem to be off the charts.

Lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Well aren't the simple minded lucky to have such enlightened souls as yourself around to tell us how wrong we all are? What would we do without your unbridled condescension? That fact that you make such a post without seeing how much of a pretentious ass it makes you look is telling.

I'm not telling you how wrong you are; I've highlighted the fact that some youtubers cater to, let's say, a simpler audience. There's nothing wrong with that.

You also don't need my condescension when you have people like Dave Cullen making you feel smart. He knows his audience and making them feel smart is his whole thing. It's the same thing with George Hooke and the likes. It lets people who don't understand experts to hear a person in a position of authority to validate their opinions.

As for sounding pretentious, sure, I'll accept that. A person arguing with a flat-earther would come across in that way too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

donaghs wrote: »
    I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge on this. I just can't stomach more than a few lines of twitter.

It's a very annoying platform for sure

backspin. wrote: »
    Cullen has been on YouTube long before either Peterson or Shapiro blew up. Peterson was unknown before autumn 2016.

He was doing mostly tech stuff before the rise of the alt-right and saw a niche. If you were following him prior to 2016, you'd know this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Her latest craze is that everyone is a Soros shill.

He's a genuinely sinister individual. He's financing a left wing agenda and trying to interfere in the internal runnings of countries. He was also funding NGOs rescuing migrants in the Med which poses a serious threat to Europe. Italy has rightly put a stop to this behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Lately?

Relatively recently. It used be issues like Fr Niall Molloy and mary boyle. Next thing is its john waters, "cultural marxism" and conspiracy cack.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Relatively recently. It used be issues like Fr Niall Molloy and mary boyle. Next thing is its john waters, "cultural marxism" and conspiracy cack.

Oh, I hate seeing those two words together. For a start, it's nonsense, but it's not new. It's an old concept going back to the 1920's in Germany.Only, back then it was called Cultural Bolshevism.

Cultural Bolshevism (German: Kulturbolschewismus), sometimes referred to specifically as "art Bolshevism" or "music Bolshevism",[1] was a term widely used by critics in Nazi Germany to denounce modernist movements in the arts, particularly when seeking to discredit more nihilistic forms of expression. This first became an issue during the 1920s in Weimar Germany. German artists such as Max Ernst and Max Beckmann were denounced by Adolf Hitler, the Nazi Party and other right-wing nationalists as "cultural Bolsheviks".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Her YouTube channel always has a poster of long missing child Mary Boyle displayed on the wall behind her.
    When a relative of the child repeatedly requested it be taken down, she ignored his request.
    He complained to YouTube, who shut her channel down for a day or so.
    Now she has reloaded the videos with the child's face blurred in some ( but not all)
    In her currant videos she has a sheet of A4 over the photo of the child's face, with the word "censored " written on it in marker, but the rest of the poster still displayed.
    It wouldn't kill her to just have taken it down when asked, now it makes her look paranoid and petty.[/quote]

In fairness it depends on who asked her to take it down.
    I'm sure certain relatives would like the poster of Mary Boyle taken down and the whole thing forgotten. While other relatives want a conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

The irony being that her tweet ended up generating far more support for the Soc Dems candidate than any amount of posters or leaflets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Have to say I just presumed it was a book giving out about migrants etc. I didn't know it was about his life as a journalist.

Might give it a look so.

It's one third autobiography, one third why Ireland has declined and will continue to decline in his opinion, one third why the Irish Times and RTE are so corrupt in his experience.

For the Irish Times/Media stuff, he cites articles, emails he sent and received and phone calls that were recorded. Una Mullally, The Irish Times, Fintan O Toole, Niamh Horan and other journalists in the Irish Media/RTE have lied about him and smeared him and have a history of lying throughout their journalism career. And he has proof backing all of this up, it's not just "old man yells at cloud" stuff.

The rest of the book is a bit meh, but the journalism exposure stuff is incredible; amazing more people are not talking about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

You'd wonder why relatives of Mary Boyle wouldn't want a journalist campaigning to bring her killer to justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Look at Mark Malone for example. He works for a Soros funded NGO that receives taxpayer funding while calling anyone he disagrees with racist. People need to wake and call for our politicians to stop funding NGOs who are strongly left wing bias and support mass immigration and the destruction of free western society.

Malone recently compared the Grand Torino to Anders Breivik for expressing opinions which he disagrees. I normally wouldn't mind these keyboard warriors but it's an absolute disgrace that they are getting taxpayer funding to spew their bile. Comparing Anders Brevik a genuine far right terrorist to someone who expresses a different opinion to you is like comparing a left wing activist to the red brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Stephen15 wrote: »
    He's a genuinely sinister individual. He's financing a left wing agenda and trying to interfere in the internal runnings of countries. He was also funding NGOs rescuing migrants in the Med which poses a serious threat to Europe. Italy has rightly put a stop to this behaviour.

What a bastard...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

People like Fintan O Toole and Una Mullally are liars
    As is the bauld Gemma though.

Waters is definitely more sincere, but he likes to stir sh1t too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement