Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

knocking doors,falling cruxifex

• 26-05-2015 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

So one night last week at about 2 in the morning I was woke by 3 knocks on the door. I didn't get up to answer but found it strange. I live in the country and no one ever knocks that late.
    Then yesterday eve a cruxifex fell off the wall and then this eve the doorbell rang and noone was there when I answered.
    Weird or what ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭oceanman

So one night last week at about 2 in the morning I was woke by 3 knocks on the door. I didn't get up to answer but found it strange. I live in the country and no one ever knocks that late.
    Then yesterday eve a cruxifex fell off the wall and then this eve the doorbell rang and noone was there when I answered.
    Weird or what ..
    weird id say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

anything happen since?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Weird or what ..

Clearly your house is haunted

There can be no other sane explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Yemowt

Weird or what ..

Just to start, I find it strange you suddenly claim that all of the sudden, these things start to happen to you.

Some information about what happened

The three knocks = Generally that amounts to a demonic presence in most cases. Just be careful.

Crucifix falling = That generally is not a ghost. Most of the time that would be a poltergeist or a demon.

The doorbell rang = That could just be kids playing knock knock run away.

A few questions though.

Did you move into this house recently?

Have you used anything to try to contact the other side? (Ouija Board, using a spiritbox, doing a seance etc.)

Trying not to get personal but did anybody close to you die recently? (Trying not to get personal.)

Are you close to anybody that may be attempting to summon something from the other side?

Have you visited a graveyard recently and possibly upset some sort of grave.

Have you had a long discussion about the paranormal recently? (It is said to be more possible to attract things from the other side)

Did you buy any new ornament or anything of that kind and place it in your house?

I know a few of those questions are a bit odd, especially if you are a skeptic but if you believe in some people's stories it has not been completely unknown.

lawred2 wrote: »

You seem to be posting these kind of replies on a lot of threads in the paranormal section. If you do not have much to share, do not bother sharing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Yemowt wrote: »
    You seem to be posting these kind of replies on a lot of threads in the paranormal section. If you do not have much to share, do not bother sharing it.

I dunno. That's what I was thinking too...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GladWrap

Someone's been watching too many Hollywood movies.
    Three knocks do not mean a demon.
    Crucifix falling does not mean a demon.
    Doorbell ringing at 2am is not kids trick or treating if you know what I mean.

Demonic contact is very, very rare.
    If this has happened suddenly to you it could be that someone is trying to get your attention or a message coming through.

It could also mean you're dreaming.
    Or that the hook holding the crucifix was loose and fell off.
    Or that you bell has an electrical fault.

GladWrap wrote: »
    Someone's been watching too many Hollywood movies.
    Three knocks do not mean a demon.
    Crucifix falling does not mean a demon.
    Doorbell ringing at 2am is not kids trick or treating if you know what I mean.

Demonic contact is very, very rare.
    If this has happened suddenly to you it could be that someone is trying to get your attention or a message coming through.

It could also mean you're dreaming.
    Or that the hook holding the crucifix was loose and fell off.
    Or that you bell has an electrical fault.

Not even bull****ting, any chance you could tell me a few demonic movies? Not the new ****ty ones though. Thanks.

BTW I am just trying to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I must be a demon; I always knock three times!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Paranormal Etcetera

Demon or poltergeist, something seems to want to mess with you. Unless you are just dreaming, then have a nice day haha :)

• Advertisement

Gumbi wrote: »
    I must be a demon; I always knock three times!

Good one. LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

3 knocks on the door is actually an omen of death. It means someone close to you has died or is about to. My mother experienced one time at night with her granny dying later on. Its not like other knocks as its loud and thundering scaring the daylights out of you. Its kinda like the banshee a scary way of telling you someone close to you has or is about to die.
    (which always bother me why are most omens of death do it in such a frightful way, why can't it only be a robin flying in and then out like what happened to my grandad and granny before our uncle died. I mean its a bit more peaceful).

The cross falling over like that equals unclean spirit. I recommend contacting someone who can deal with it in your own religion if any.( I would go to my local catholic priest).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Paranormal Etcetera

Peaceful signs of impending death wouldn't be talked about as much. Most people like to share when they were scared for some reason.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

lawred2 wrote: »

Very helpful well done!

Advertisement