Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

hkc alarm bell not resetting

Options
  • 14-04-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hi my hkc 6/10 and 10/10 (not sure which one, just quoting the alarm manual) alarm bell is not resetting after going off, so it is really annoying the neighbours. How do I set this to the regulation 15 minutes?
    is it under Timers Menu, System Timers, External Bell and then type 15.It is currently off and I am not at the panel now but need to do this ASAP or else try and figure out if its a fault on the system as I want to minimise leaving the house without having the alarm on .

thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

hi my hkc 6/10 and 10/10 (not sure which one, just quoting the alarm manual) alarm bell is not resetting after going off, so it is really annoying the neighbours. How do I set this to the regulation 15 minutes?
    is it under Timers Menu, System Timers, External Bell and then type 15.It is currently off and I am not at the panel now but need to do this ASAP or else try and figure out if its a fault on the system as I want to minimise leaving the house without having the alarm on .

thanks a million

Thats correct, you will need the engineer code to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 schmegeggin

altor wrote: »
    Thats correct, you will need the engineer code to do this.

excellent thanks a million altor, I have the engineer code to do this, however is there an easy way to test this without having the bell blaring as I fear I may have annoyed the neighbours enough. My big fear is that it is already set to 15 and that there is something wrong with it, I recently got a new external bell as it was faulty and I am hoping this may have had something to do with it!!!

if it is set to 15 already, is there anything i should look out for as I am in engineer mode on the panel?

thanks again.

The older bell probably could of being the issue or the panel timer could of being set to 00. 00 means it will ring till you turn it off. Setting this to 15 minutes should solve the issue for you. If you want to set it to 1 minute and test it that way be for you leave it at 15 that will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 schmegeggin

thanks altor, just wanted to update, the outside bell was set to turn off after 20minutes however the internal bell which was set to 00 (which goes off until it is reset manually I think). This was annoying the neighbours as it is a terrace house. I have since changed the internal bell setting and all is fine.
    thanks again

thanks altor, just wanted to update, the outside bell was set to turn off after 20minutes however the internal bell which was set to 00 (which goes off until it is reset manually I think). This was annoying the neighbours as it is a terrace house. I have since changed the internal bell setting and all is fine.
    thanks again

Thanks for letting us know you got it sorted schmegeggin.
    It is handy enough to do if you have the engineer code :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement