Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

@bigmickey, a few bits for a new house and wondering what you have in a pocket sprung king size mattress (ideally in stock or short lead time, bearing in mind the previous comments on supply), reasonably firm, but probably not rock hard? Will be for daily use by myself, so looking for something decent.

Looking for something for a spare room also, so wondering what you could do in double or king size divan set with a reasonable mattress - doesn't have to be stellar, since it's not going to see daily use, but equally I'd want it to be reasonably comfortable for anyone who does have cause to use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Hi

The Hilton 3000 is a twin sided pocket sprung mattress. Currently discounted by 200 euro to the most similar model that we stock. The Vogue Ortho is a twin sided Orthopedic model. WE sell large quantities of both. Most of our Hotel and B+B customers buy the Vogue model. The Hilton would be the best value at the moment but not sure how long more the discounted price will last as springs are in short supply with all the manufacturers currently. Most manufacturers are quoting over 8 weeks delivery for even simple models these days. We have shops asking us to sell them beds as they can't get them from their regular suppliers. We have big stocks so not a problem at the moment but all our suppliers are flagging price increases.

Bigmickey Team

We bought the Vogue in the meantime. Coming tomorrow I think - thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

@bigmickey - Looking to get a price for a Super King Birlea Balmoral bed frame and medium firm mattress to go with it. Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

@bigmickey - Looking for a decent 54" x 75" mattress- and to have the old one collected on the same trip.

Specs: Double sided, medium tension, pocket sprung.

Budget in or around €400 mark- incl. of delivery and collecting the one thats insitu from Lucan village.

Grateful if you could advise of any suggestions you might have please (ideally something you might have in stock).

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

cython wrote: »
    @bigmickey, a few bits for a new house and wondering what you have in a pocket sprung king size mattress (ideally in stock or short lead time, bearing in mind the previous comments on supply), reasonably firm, but probably not rock hard? Will be for daily use by myself, so looking for something decent.

Looking for something for a spare room also, so wondering what you could do in double or king size divan set with a reasonable mattress - doesn't have to be stellar, since it's not going to see daily use, but equally I'd want it to be reasonably comfortable for anyone who does have cause to use it!

For the spare room, a vogue double set at 399 euro for base and mattress. Matching headboard 50 euro. For your own bed the John Lewis 5000 pocket natural fillings. Labelled as medium but is on the firm side but not rock hard and at 499 euro. There are many others and all in stock but value for money I'd recommend these. The John Lewis are stamped as seconds/clearance but are new unopened. They were around 999 pounds in John Lewis when they were in it. The John Lewis 5000 pocket is a non turn. If you would prefer something that you can turn then the Duchess 2000 at 749 euro would be next.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement

@bigmickey - Looking to get a price for a Super King Birlea Balmoral bed frame and medium firm mattress to go with it. Thanks in advance

Hi

Pretty sure that we have 1 Birlea Balmoral SK frame coming this week that is not sold. We could do this with a 2000 pocket Silentnight memory mattress (Classed as transport marked but just has the plastic bag ripped at the corner) for 1200 euro delivered. We also have lots of other superking mattresses in stock. Give a call or pm if you want to discuss.

Bigmickey.ie Team

@bigmickey - Looking for a decent 54" x 75" mattress- and to have the old one collected on the same trip.

Specs: Double sided, medium tension, pocket sprung.

Budget in or around €400 mark- incl. of delivery and collecting the one thats insitu from Lucan village.

Grateful if you could advise of any suggestions you might have please (ideally something you might have in stock).

For your budget then the Hilton 3000 currently on offer at 349 euro (Normally 549 euro) + 15 euro for removal of old mattress. Hilton in stock and next delivery would be on Wednesday of this week if you want to proceed

Bigmickey.ie Team

Bawnmore wrote: »
    We bought the Vogue in the meantime. Coming tomorrow I think - thanks again.

Great to hear. Thanks for the business

Bigmickey.ie Team

For your budget then the Hilton 3000 currently on offer at 349 euro (Normally 549 euro) + 15 euro for removal of old mattress. Hilton in stock and next delivery would be on Wednesday of this week if you want to proceed

Bigmickey.ie Team

Sounds good.
    Please put us down for it.
    I'll PM you my mobile no.

Thanks!

Sounds good.
    Please put us down for it.
    I'll PM you my mobile no.

Thanks!

Yes. I think you will be really impressed with this mattress for the price when you see it. It is a really nice and high quality mattress. There are many different Hilton mattresses going around these days. As far as I know this is the only Hilton Pocket mattress that is twin sided. One side memory and the other side ortho. Thanks for your order.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Got a superking delivered from Big Mickey this week.

Top class service once again & brilliant value - The bed quality for the price is second to none. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Hi

I googled it and it looks like that is a label of Harvey Norman's. it says it has an RRP of 2299 euro and a sale price of 1839 euro. We don't stock any mattress with a price tag like those but I believe we will have better mattresses in stock for half of their sale price.

Here is the spec on it.

Made in Ireland
    Unique dual coil spring system surrounded by Kaytex foam
    Perimeter support unit
    Micro quilted, stretch knit covering with hypo-allergenic materials
    Convenient no-turn feature
    Endorsed by the International Chiropractors Association

Most of our mattresses are twin sided. We sell a couple that are non turn. Something like our Coral 2000 or Crystal 2000 has a similar make up to that HN model. Ours have a full 2000 pocket springs inside . The HN models does not state how many springs are in it

https://bigmickey.ie/product/coral-2000-pocket-memory-encapsulated/

https://bigmickey.ie/product/crystal-2000-pocket-gel-memory-encapsulated/

The only difference between Coral 2000 and Crystal 2000 is the Crystal 2000 has a layer of gel that gives a cooling effect. Price is only 799 euro for king size delivered and in stock. All of these are on display in our Longford showroom if you wish to try them our. The Eir Code is N39 X028 and office is 043 3341895 / 043 3345488

Many guys on here have Coral and Crystal so might comment for you.

Bigmickey Team

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry I should of sent a link, it's this https://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/bonnell-spring-en/mighty-endurance-king-5ft.html Think you identified it anyway. I laid down on that in store and liked it.

Is the Crystal the nearest mattress to that model so? Your saying better quality too. Only reason I'm picking Crystal over Coral is I'm hoping it's cooler. HN offer 10 year warranty, i think, ye guys are 5 is that right? How come the Crystal is non turn bed whereas the HN version is to be rotated.

Can you suggest what frame I'd need to go with that, or what options I'd have? As I need a base too.

Thank you, I'd rather do business with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Got a superking delivered from Big Mickey this week.

Top class service once again & brilliant value - The bed quality for the price is second to none. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Looking to get a Superking and would love to hear about what you purchased?
    If you have the time could you DM what you bought and the feel/firmness of it?
    Bought previous mattress here and couldn't fault it but need to upgrade to superking at this stage so any help appreciated!

youngblood wrote: »
    Looking to get a Superking and would love to hear about what you purchased?
    If you have the time could you DM what you bought and the feel/firmness of it?
    Bought previous mattress here and couldn't fault it but need to upgrade to superking at this stage so any help appreciated!

A mixed big of 40 Superking divan beds arriving next week. Some with and without drawers. Silentnight, Sealy, Rest Assured. Some will have packaging torn or slight transport marks. Will put them up here on Boards and give ye first crack at them. The Sealy ones will be from 499 euro for the bed and mattress.

Just call us for details. 043 3341895 / 043 3345488

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marty984

Hi Marty984

There must be a shortage of mattresses in Cork currently. That's what we are hearing. Even have shops from Cork ordering from us. The Vogue is a medium firm mattress. If you want higher quality then have a look at the Diamond 2000. It's a bit over your budget but give a call if interested and we will see what we can do. 086 8356888

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi,sound I've just ordered the Hilton 2000 mattress for delivery to Cork so hopefully it does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I got a John Lewis King size delivered on Monday. Excellent service and quality from Mick.
    A slight difference in sizes compared to bed frame which Mick explained the metric vs imperial. The matress should settle down after a few days as well.

I will be buying again pretty soon

Esse85 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.

Sorry I should of sent a link, it's this https://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/bonnell-spring-en/mighty-endurance-king-5ft.html Think you identified it anyway. I laid down on that in store and liked it.

Is the Crystal the nearest mattress to that model so? Your saying better quality too. Only reason I'm picking Crystal over Coral is I'm hoping it's cooler. HN offer 10 year warranty, i think, ye guys are 5 is that right? How come the Crystal is non turn bed whereas the HN version is to be rotated.

Can you suggest what frame I'd need to go with that, or what options I'd have? As I need a base too.

Thank you, I'd rather do business with yourself.

I rang 0868356888 at 11.30 this morning, went straight to voicemail, I left my details, can you get back to me on the above please.

Thanks

Marty984 wrote: »
    Hi,sound I've just ordered the Hilton 2000 mattress for delivery to Cork so hopefully it does the trick.

Hi Marty984

Thanks for your order. Delivery to Cork tomorrow.

Regards

Bigmickey.ie Team

I got a John Lewis King size delivered on Monday. Excellent service and quality from Mick.
    A slight difference in sizes compared to bed frame which Mick explained the metric vs imperial. The matress should settle down after a few days as well.

I will be buying again pretty soon

Hi Luckycharms

Thanks for the business. Yes , some manufacturers make to imperial and some to metric. Not really noticeable when the mattress settles in and with the bed clothes on. Any problems just give us a shout.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Esse85 wrote: »
    I rang 0868356888 at 11.30 this morning, went straight to voicemail, I left my details, can you get back to me on the above please.

Thanks

Hi

I called you back twice yesterday but got no answer. I have just rang you again now but the same thing. Left you a voice mail.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement

Hi

I called you back twice yesterday but got no answer. I have just rang you again now but the same thing. Left you a voice mail.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Good to chat to you earlier. Thanks
    Will check out the bases/frames in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

Hi bigmickey.ie,

I've heard quite a lot of good feedback about you guys ☺️
    I'm interested in buying a super king size bed (with 4 drawers and headboard) & a good pocket sprung mattress. Also looking for a double size bed.

Yes. I think you will be really impressed with this mattress for the price when you see it. It is a really nice and high quality mattress. There are many different Hilton mattresses going around these days. As far as I know this is the only Hilton Pocket mattress that is twin sided. One side memory and the other side ortho. Thanks for your order.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Thanks a mill for getting the mattress to us so quickly and efficiently.
    We're thrilled with it- our old one was in bits (having a 9 and a 10 year old jumping up and down on didn't help- but it was knackered before they got to it).

We love the new mattress- I put the orthopedic side up on it, without telling my wife, and neither of us have slept so well in a long time. We both love it.

Will definitely be back to you again in due course.

Can't recommend you highly enough.

Hi bigmickey.ie,

I've heard quite a lot of good feedback about you guys ☺️
    I'm interested in buying a super king size bed (with 4 drawers and headboard) & a good pocket sprung mattress. Also looking for a double size bed.

Hi

We have had a full load of clearance Superking come in over this weekend as well as all our regular lines which are already in stock. Plenty of doubles in stock also. Do you want to give a visit or you can call us on 043 3341895 / 043 3345488 /086 8356888 Monday to Saturday.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Hi

We have had a full load of clearance Superking come in over this weekend as well as all our regular lines which are already in stock. Plenty of doubles in stock also. Do you want to give a visit or you can call us on 043 3341895 / 043 3345488 /086 8356888 Monday to Saturday.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi Bigmickey. We bought a sofa set from you before and were very happy with it. Fully intended going up to you to check out beds, bit covid situation means it's out for us essentially.
    We are looking at getting a super king. What would be the best value that you have (not cheapest, I mean best bang for our buck) as we feel it is worth the money for a top class bed. As said we won't be able to get up unfortunately which makes it a little difficult. We like a firm bed.

Hi Bigmickey. We bought a sofa set from you before and were very happy with it. Fully intended going up to you to check out beds, bit covid situation means it's out for us essentially.
    We are looking at getting a super king. What would be the best value that you have (not cheapest, I mean best bang for our buck) as we feel it is worth the money for a top class bed. As said we won't be able to get up unfortunately which makes it a little difficult. We like a firm bed.

Hi maynooth_Rules

It's a good time to be looking for a Superking from us. We have just received a full load of Superking beds branded Sealy, Silentnight and Res Assured. These will be all sorted in to sets tomorrow so if you give us a call after that we can let you know what is available. We also have our regular Irishbeds.ie range which are all in stock and on www.bigmickey.ie.

Is it a divan set or a frame and mattress that you are hoping for ?

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Hi maynooth_Rules

It's a good time to be looking for a Superking from us. We have just received a full load of Superking beds branded Sealy, Silentnight and Res Assured. These will be all sorted in to sets tomorrow so if you give us a call after that we can let you know what is available. We also have our regular Irishbeds.ie range which are all in stock and on www.bigmickey.ie.

Is it a divan set or a frame and mattress that you are hoping for ?

Bigmickey.ie Team

We'd be looking for a Divan with a matching headboard if possible.

We'd be looking for a Divan with a matching headboard if possible.

Hi

We will have them. PM me your number and we will WhatsApp you some images.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Order placed just now on Royale Natural 3000 and Limelight Frida Sandstone king sized.
    Fiona was very helpful and patient with me on FB chat.
    Looking forward to getting it late next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

Hi,

Looking for recommendation on sofa bed. thx

Advertisement