Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I think no 3.5mm jack, no jack adapter and no notification light is a deal-breaker for me but still interested to hear opinions on it

5t is still going strong apart from having to be very precise to get it to quick charge

Invest yourself in a pair of wireless bluetooth headphones, I did the same and never looked back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I think no 3.5mm jack, no jack adapter and no notification light is a deal-breaker for me but still interested to hear opinions on it

5t is still going strong apart from having to be very precise to get it to quick charge

You mean one of these ?
    https://www.oneplus.com/ie/product/oneplus-type-c-adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Just pulled the trigger on a 7T Pro + Karbon Bumper case. €800 is a bit eye watering but upgrading from a 5 and will be re-purposing that as a phone for my son.

When the purchase is complete you are then presented with an option to buy the "OnePlus Protection Plan" which is an insurance policy for circa €80 which provides a repair service for any damage done to the phone but when you click on it https://aftersales.oneplus.com/login you have to enter a phone number to get the process started but Ireland isn't listed as one of the country codes.

Anyone else looking to get this insurance cover and if so have you figured out how to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

anyone waiting for the mclaren pro version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

devnull wrote: »
    Invest yourself in a pair of wireless bluetooth headphones, I did the same and never looked back.

I do have a couple of pairs. There are times where I find the jack quicker and more convenient.

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I do have a couple of pairs. There are times where I find the jack quicker and more convenient. .

Not sure one could call being restricted by cables that tangle and are restricted in length, need to be untangled and physically plugged in an improvement, but each to their own.

Personally the on button switch on my Sony headphones is far easier and I have all the controls I need on the headset to never even have to touch the phone which can be the other side of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,458 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I don't know how many on here have access to college emails?
    BUT!
    If you do, and you haven't still yet set up a studentbeans account...
    Do it quick!

I got an email this morning with a 10% off Oneplus 7T offer.
    Its not a referral link so I can't share it but if you have college email, its not to be sniffed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭KildareP

banie01 wrote: »
    I don't know how many on here have access to college emails?
    BUT!
    If you do, and you haven't still yet set up a studentbeans account...
    Do it quick!

I got an email this morning with a 10% off Oneplus 7T offer.
    Its not a referral link so I can't share it but if you have college email, its not to be sniffed at.

Small gotcha: it's "up to" 10% off the order.
    The device is capped at 5% discount, only accessories are eligible for the 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Anyone know where to get a tempered glass screen protector for the 7T Pro? Will 7 Pro protectors fit? (I think the screen dimensions are the same?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

54and56 wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get a tempered glass screen protector for the 7T Pro? Will 7 Pro protectors fit? (I think the screen dimensions are the same?)

Externally, both phones are identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

So big question, when will the price drop ?

Still on the 5 and even after many drops and a swim in a lake it's still going strong !

If the price drops on the 7T or pro a decent bit id most likely go for it to treat myself ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

54and56 wrote: »

Have this on nice fit hardly notice it delighted and I'm fussy ... Buy 2 there cheap and use parcel motel

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07RVF2NBT?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

How quick is delivery from one plus.and is there any downside to buying from AliExpress and the saving is 100-150 for the 7t from china.also any word on 3ireland pricing and when they will have them in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Has anyone tried the bullet 2 earphones from oneplus, are they any use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

massy086 wrote: »
    How quick is delivery from one plus.and is there any downside to buying from AliExpress and the saving is 100-150 for the 7t from china.also any word on 3ireland pricing and when they will have them in stock

Ordered today for delivery tomorrow.

The ones on AliExpress will probably take a while to get here, you'll have to deal with them not OP for repairs and the charger won't be uk/irish. Apart from that the phone will function the same.

No idea on 3 availability!

Have this on nice fit hardly notice it delighted and I'm fussy ... Buy 2 there cheap and use parcel motel

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07RVF2NBT?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Perfect and done except I prefer Parcel Wizard as they deliver to the door ;)

A bit surprised that the 7T Pro I ordered today has already shipped. These guys have really learned how to run a slick logistics operation.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Pacifico wrote: »

The ones on AliExpress will probably take a while to get here, you'll have to deal with them not OP for repairs and the charger won't be uk/irish. Apart from that the phone will function the same.

Do you think you'll get yours tomorrow?

I ordered the 7T Pro this morning, along with the USBC earphones to try them out.
    I paid the extra €9.99 for quicker delivery, but I doubt it'll be in my hands by the weekend sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BeerFarts

byte wrote: »
    Do you think you'll get yours tomorrow?

I ordered the 7T Pro this morning, along with the USBC earphones to try them out.
    I paid the extra €9.99 for quicker delivery, but I doubt it'll be in my hands by the weekend sadly!

I ordered this morning too and got a text from DHL this afternoon saying delivery is expected tomorrow. I was really surprised by that, never had it this fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They obviously have some phones stored in the country so as I never heard of anyone getting something from UK the next day.

• Advertisement

Yeah DHL says delivery by end of day today. Came from Poland... currently in the UK!

Mine says it's only at "received shipping information" stage from Poland. Probably won't have it until Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Add import duty and taxes onto that too. It will not slip through customs. Just buy from 1+ for peace of mind all round.

Delivered :D Almost exactly 24hrs after ordering...

Accidentally ordered a 7T pro case with it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Pics

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Thinking of getting this myself. Upgrading from one plus 5. Only thing putting me off a little is that j won't be able to connect to my car radio as no Jack and my car doesn't have Bluetooth so any recommendations on how to get around that?

Think I'll get the frosted silver version. Which colour are most going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Thinking of getting this myself. Upgrading from one plus 5. Only thing putting me off a little is that j won't be able to connect to my car radio as no Jack and my car doesn't have Bluetooth so any recommendations on how to get around that?

You'd need to buy the 3.5mm to USB C adapter

Nice one.
    What time did you order it yesterday?
    I order my shortly after 10am, you must have been pretty quick off the mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

I use this yoke.

https://uk.banggood.com/ROIDMI-from-Xiaomi-Eco-System-3S-BFQ04RM-Dual-USB-bluetooth-Music-Car-Charger-for-Mobile-Phone-p-1150900.html?rmmds=category&cur_warehouse=CN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

does dhl deliver on saturdays

Advertisement