Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Fury learning to punch in the Shane McMahon school of absolute ****e?

I was hoping he'd legitimately knock out Strowman when I was watching it on YouTube this morning.

But he instead went to the Shane McMahon School of "punching" things, probably a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

As bad as RAW is I am liking Vic a lot on commentary.

As bad as RAW is I am liking Vic a lot on commentary.

Infinitely better than Cole, Grave & Renee combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Even the king hasn’t been too bad I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I was hoping he'd legitimately knock out Strowman when I was watching it on YouTube this morning.

But he instead went to the Shane McMahon School of "punching" things, probably a good thing.

Definitely a good thing and probably something everyone was worried about. He makes one mistake then someone is going night night and possibly taking a little time off.

He did look awkward af though when he tried running across the ring and jumping on Braun.

• Advertisement

Definitely a good thing and probably something everyone was worried about. He makes one mistake then someone is going night night and possibly taking a little time off.

He did look awkward af though when he tried running across the ring and jumping on Braun.

I know it'd never happen/wouldn't definitely wouldn't be approved by Vince or anyone backstage, but I'd love to see Braun take a legitimate, flat on your back, staring up at the lights right hand from Fury.

I'd say Braun could stand it, but would definitely feel it a bit..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I know it'd never happen/wouldn't definitely wouldn't be approved by Vince or anyone backstage, but I'd love to see Braun take a legitimate, flat on your back, staring up at the lights right hand from Fury.

I'd say Braun could stand it, but would definitely feel it a bit..

Well he did take that ridiculous punch from lesnar at rumble few years ago.

sky88 wrote: »
    Well he did take that ridiculous punch from lesnar at rumble few years ago.

And there's the lead in point to their next interaction and eventual "brawl".

Brock Lesnar hits harder, you punch like a little bitch....

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Officer999

Pentecost wrote: »
    He's not the (or a) heavyweight champion though.

Yes your right....my bad!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 johnmc76

J. Marston wrote: »
    Saw a post on Reddit that probably explains the Lana/Rusev/Lashley stuff. USA have a "reality" show called Temptation Island (you see it advertised a LOT if you watch an American stream of Raw) where couples go to an island and try not to cheat on each other. The new season is starting so this is just veiled advertising.

Same thing happened when the last season began back in January when they did the Mandy/Naomi/Uso angle.

Long story short, it's probably not Heyman getting his weird rocks off.

Supposedly Rusev's contract [and most likely Lana's too since they came in together] is up at the end of the month so they're in full on burial mode for [no doubt he's used to it by now.] Hopefully he does leave and goes somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

johnmc76 wrote: »
    Supposedly Rusev's contract [and most likely Lana's too since they came in together] is up at the end of the month so they're in full on burial mode for [no doubt he's used to it by now.] Hopefully he does leave and goes somewhere else.

If he was in full on burial mode I doubt they'd have him beating up Orton and Corbin by himself and just left him crying in the ring while being laughed at. Plus if their contracts are up at the end of this month couldn't they just say no to the angle or at least barely give it any effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Becky vs Sasha was advertised but due to injury Sasha is out so Becky vs Charlotte for the first pick of the night instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,715 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tyson Fury and Strowman contact signing

That will surely be done in a professional manner with no
    shenanigans

I'd say Andrade walks like john Wayne after a night with Charlotte lol

Jesus Eric Young having a match on Raw vs Aleister Black

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

In the States at the moment for work and watched Smackdown live on Fri and Raw at the moment.

Jesus ****ing wept, how anyone can be entertained by this utter **** is beyond me. There's no redeeming factor on the show, the live crowd doesn't care about anything. Just had Andrade and Ali on there and they barely made a noise, two great wrestlers and they're having a slow formulaic match.

Contrast this now to Wednesdays AEW show and it'll be night and day!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Aaaaaaand that's me done with Raw for the foreseeable. What a sh*tshow. That ending was as bad as anything I've ever seen. Rollins and Lynch make me change the channel anytime they are on screen. I don't care for Charlotte and her inevitable next reign. Rusev/Lana/Lashley thing is trashThe Viking Raiders have been a shadow of what they were but now they're tag champs for some reason. Crowds doing the 'what' thing to anyone who sounds different to them. All this mention of FOX or USA or War Rooms or whatever it is give me no reason to care.

NXT for me from here on out as far as WWE goes I think. I'll give AEW my time that I would've given to RAW. I remember live threads on here used to have good chat on here. There'd be up to a dozen online. Now it's just one fella talking to himself.

Oh yeah and fcuking NATALYA AND LACEY EVANS MAIN EVENTED FFS.

The pen break of doom , WTF was that suppose to be and it looked horrendous. Took fury 3 times to do it while the camera was panned on him

On the night of the draft they announce Rollins, from Raw, vs Bray Wyatt, from Smackdown, for Crown Jewel.

They ended the brand split in the middle of the draft. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Omackeral wrote: »
    Oh yeah and fcuking NATALYA AND LACEY EVANS MAIN EVENTED FFS.

I've not been watching every moment of WWE TV as its absolutely dreadful but could anyone explain a week after powerbombing Lacey off the stage, why are Natalia & Evans a tag team?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok, so the Funhouse is a legit place, since Seth found it.

In which case....are the puppets real, or is there people beneath Brays desk in kayfabe? Does the Fiend organize all his puppeteers before a segment? And sit down in a booth to prerecord all his puppets lines?

Also, I don’t mind the idea of trying to turn Lacey face. But doing it by teaming with Natalie, against Asuka and Kairi, is hilariously poor as an attempt to do so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

On the night of the draft they announce Rollins, from Raw, vs Bray Wyatt, from Smackdown, for Crown Jewel.

Listen, Crown Jewel is non canon so I guess you can just ignore it. It will be all sorted out by the next PPv which is....

....oh, never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Cotts72

It's laughable really when you look at the list of undrafted superstars! Hopefully Cesaro and Harper go back to NXT

Authors of Pain
    Cesaro
    Dana Brooke
    Drake Maverick
    The IIconics
    Luke Harper
    Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville
    Mojo Rawley
    No Way Jose
    Sarah Logan
    Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Cotts72 wrote: »
    It's laughable really when you look at the list of undrafted superstars! Hopefully Cesaro and Harper go back to NXT

Authors of Pain
    Cesaro
    Dana Brooke
    Drake Maverick
    The IIconics
    Luke Harper
    Mojo Rawley
    No Way Jose
    Sarah Logan

Especially since some of them have had more televised matches than Liv Morgan this year. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Cotts72 wrote: »

Authors of Pain
    Cesaro
    Dana Brooke
    Drake Maverick
    The IIconics
    Luke Harper
    Mojo Rawley
    No Way Jose
    Sarah Logan

My worry would be that a lot of them would go back to NXT, and get in the way of the new talent coming through

I thought the "I'm going fiend-hunting and then I'm going to burn....it....down." line was the drizzling shìts but the crowd popped for it. Maybe the problem is me?

I can't fùcking stand this Seth Rollins. I think he even he surpasses peak Roman in dorkiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Poor Liv Morgan has been so underutilised that she didn't have any accomplishments. Maybe "Smart enough to get away from Enzo"

After Joe's comment on Renee's wardrobe, I meant to mention his wee dig on Friday about her keeping the lights on in her house.

I thought the "I'm going fiend-hunting and then I'm going to burn....it....down." line was the drizzling shìts but the crowd popped for it. Maybe the problem is me?

I can't fùcking stand this Seth Rollins. I think he even he surpasses peak Roman in dorkiness.

This is all I see Rollins as he's currently chasing The Fiend

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FeAm8tEiWDWuzK%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 84,829 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rollins also on Team Hogan

Is Taker and Cena still free agents on any show?

• Advertisement

Becky/Charlotte was a good match. I'd say they badly need to separate those two but Charlotte's been drafted to Raw so it's gonna be those two fighting forever. Bring up Shayna, Io, Candice or Rhea. Any fresh blood.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Poor Liv Morgan has been so underutilised that she didn't have any accomplishments. Maybe "Smart enough to get away from Enzo"

After Joe's comment on Renee's wardrobe, I meant to mention his wee dig on Friday about her keeping the lights on in her house.

Former member of the Riott Squad.

Oh wait, they had no achievements either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement