Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Man gives little scrote a smack of a hurl and gets 4 year sentence?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

I'd rather take a hit on my insurance premium than a prison sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fr. Pat Noise

Whats this they say, I’d rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. I see this regularly, a gang of say about 10 scummers in track suits etc. hanging around at the front of other peoples houses causing hassle. They think no one can do anything to them because they are minors so they think they can threaten adults with violence, vandalism etc. In this case yer man did what we’d all like to do and it went a bit far. A white van, balaclavas and baseball bats is all these scumbags understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Poor bastard.

Having a nice day visiting his parents and now (because we have unlimited child benefit) his life is changed forever.

The sooner all these old judges move on the better, live in a completely different world to the rest of us.

Judge probably couldn't relate to the car incident, given he commutes using the gravy train.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭yesto24

Perp is 35. Victim is 16.
    He followed the kid to hit him in head.
    We can't have vigilantes.

Why can't we have vigilantes? I know it would not be a perfect system but what we have now doesn't work.
    Can you suggest a system to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭yesto24

He's a kid, dude. He was 16 years of age at the time, 21 now. His brain hasn't finished developing, and in certain respects it probably won't develop. He's suffered a brain injury because someone flew into a rage, without any defence of self-defence. If you think that's acceptable, fair enough; I think most reasonable people would be distraught to know they'd caused that kind of damage to someone. I'm sure both parties feel pretty distraught and regretful; nobody has won anything.

He was 16. Old enough to know not to be damaging cars and old enough not to be swinging a plank at someone defending their property. I am not saying he deserved a cracked skull but he was old enough to be able to foresee that there may be consequences for actions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I fúcking loathe little feral scumbag scrote youths with a passion. I feel for the guy Alan visiting his parents here not the little cúnt as cold as that may sound. Imagine trying to have a peaceful conversation with 20 of them? Imagine ringing the Guard and the Guards actually came? All that would hapen then would be Alan's parents would be terrorised by these vermin and nothing would be done about it. I've had a few incidents with little prícks like these and they are all the same. They dress the same, talk the same, look the same and all act the same.

There was an incident where I lived a few years ago in which a 16 year old scummer had 3 of his fingers cut off which I will link to below and the media tried to talk about how he was a poor innocent victim when actually he was and still is a complete waste of human life dirtbag pig cúnt, just like the rest of these scrotes. The people that say he is just a child and nobody deserves things like this are wrong in my opinion. As has been pointed out by the age of 5 any person knows not to purposefully break other people's things, not to purposefully rob things, not to purposefully harm others physically, not to purposefully try to intimidate others.
    Actions like these boys committed are supposed to have consequences but they don't for far too many of them, so when something like this happens I would like to think that the ones who didn't get hit with a hurley will learn a lesson from it and change their ways but the sad reality is they won't.

I understand how cold all that sounds but I grew up around scum like these and I still see scum like this regularly. It's easy to not be like them but they want to be cúnts and then blame the area where they came from. I don't blame the same areas for me never being like them.

https://www.thejournal.ie/boy-has-fingers-cut-off-in-clondalkin-attack-1521755-Jun2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Gatling wrote: »
    The judge

He said the proper approach would have been to speak to the boys in a peaceful manner, and if that didn’t work, to call the gardaí.

Sorry judge your an idiot it's likely he would have ended up on the ground seriously injured by a gang of feral teenagers if not worse who would never see the inside of a court.

This **** head made a decision to get involved with damaging someone else's property and then tried to attack the owner with a plank of wood ,

People need to stand up to these feral dragged up ****heads if it takes a single smack or several smacks of a hurl so be it ,they will learn quick enough

The judge is a ****wît for saying that in fairness. It’s all very well speaking to your neighbor who is playing music too loud in a peaceful manner but not these scrotes...call your local Gardai end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Pity he didn't kill the little cnut

It's like in sports, the retaliation gets punished more than the original scumbaggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

You can't go round hitting children regardless what they do. He should have known better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Castrate the little scumbag...only way to stop the cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

See his mistake was going for the head. A few crushed balls would have been a better deterrent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

It’s unfortunate you know?

He probably went out, with the hurl to ward him off but after damaging the car the young fella then had the nerve to pick up a plank and start swingin it and so the old red mist came down. Resulting in a pretty sh!t set of circumstances but if any good can come from it maybe it’ll serve as a deterrent in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

Down our way there is an old saying in respect to little toerags acting the cnut

" he should be brought up the back fields and taught how to play hurl without the sliothar".

Not ideal but sometimes the old ways were the best with certain people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

If he hit him in the leg or the ribs... Going for the head is intending to do serious damage tho. Like kicking a fella on the deck.

I grew up in a tough area too. He had a plank I bet ya sone of his buddys are carring knifes also. Scum only know the stick, fear no cops no respect. So lay it into em.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Ahh, this is the problem here quoted below. When the person at his mothers house was almost hit with the plank of wood, he should not have followed the scumbag a distance and then hit the scumbag, this was his downfall. The gang moved a distance away so the jury saw that he was no longer in danger.

If the incident had stopped there, Judge O’Sullivan said there would have been no problem, but Curtis followed Mr McClelland some distance and hit him with the hurley.
    He said the jury had taken the view that Curtis was no longer defending himself but “had engaged in an act of revenge” by the time he hit the injured party.

Either way the scrote deserved a hiding.
    Mr Justice Patrick McCarthy said the proper approach would have been to speak to the boys in a peaceful manner

That judge is not living in the real world, he is an idiot in my opinion. These scumbags do not understand the words peace or peaceful.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

He overreacted but the sentence is way too severe.

If the young fella hadn’t been firstly attacking his property or then attacking him, he’d have been okay. I think the defendant is unlucky here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

riemann wrote: »
    Poor bastard.

Having a nice day visiting his parents and now (because we have unlimited child benefit) his life is changed forever.

The sooner all these old judges move on the better, live in a completely different world to the rest of us.

Judge probably couldn't relate to the car incident, given he commutes using the gravy train.

judges can only implement sentences based on the laws and guidelines.
    judges generally don't implement light sentences for the hell of it, higher sentences aren't available.

yesto24 wrote: »
    Why can't we have vigilantes? I know it would not be a perfect system but what we have now doesn't work.
    Can you suggest a system to use?

because vigilantes are thick and incompetent.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Farce. What was the sentence for the damaged car ? Hopefully his brain acts a bit slower now , the scumbag I mean and it will make it harder to commit crimes ...

What should he have done ? Rang the guards ? Lol! Lol!

The land of scrotes and scum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

16 year old is a kid technically, but many are more than capable of beating up an adult. And capable of regulating their behaviour.

Unfortunate in a sense what happened to the kid, but go around trying to intimidate people and swinging planks at them and sh1t can happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

champchamp wrote: »
    If someone swung a plank at me, I'd be swinging back with a hurl...
    Do you think the little prick would be up for assault if he had actually hit the guy with the plank initially? I doubt it. He lived by the sword now he cant say the word sword without dribbling. You cant sympathise with scrotes like this. I feel sorry for the guy in jail. It was probably a prolonged series of events that ultimately led to him finally losing the plot when he saw his car being keyed.
    Do you think the kid was saying "please mr. Dont hit me?" Was he f**k.... he would have been looking for his go and he got messed up. Something similar happened a fella I knew years ago. Mouthing swinging a hammer and got it taken off him. He's been mentally 12 years old since but he did start the trouble. Tough lesson to learn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I love how this probable Einstein before he got a deserved clatter is only a kid but people will be calling for the 13 year olds in another case to be treated like adults.

In the old days, if you went home and told mummy you got a clatter in the head following interfering with someone's car, you would get another one from her.

I expect she thought he and his charming pals were at the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

17 year 364 days old child
    18 years old man

If “the child” did the same to your man he would have got a suspended sentence.

Don’t aim for the head. Legs heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Where does the self-defence arise? The young-lad missed. Grand, be angry, lose the rag. But don't fracture his skull. That's not self defence, that's just revenge. And tbh it's fairly brutal.

There was 20 of them. What should he do, wait till 20 of them kick the **** out of him before he does anything?

I bet you a good few of the 20 were every bit as big as him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

The learned Judge obviously has plenty of experience in this field.

"Hello chaps, I see you've decided to give my wagon a bit of a flogging. I'm sure it was purely accidental and if all 20 of you gather a few euro together, I'm sure that will cover the mishap. These things happen, I completely understand. Anyway, it was great seeing you all out here tonight outside my house. I hope you all enjoyed it and I look forward to receiving the compensation in due course".

There see, problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It wasn't self defence. He went after him and smacked him in the head with a hurl. Totally disproportionate reaction and a light sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

what fckn planet do these judges live on, to they have butlers and **** not to see streets they govern ?? :cool:

fcking law at this point is aimed to reward any lowest society scum be it young or old, while ordinary folk can fck off and cry in the corner, otherwise risk ending up being left for dead where such scum wouldn't even serve a day in a cell.

year back local store owner got jumped by gang outside his own store broken nose etc over 60s guy, guards came not a single 12-16 old **** even were questioned or picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,479 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I probably shouldn't judge by looks, but his picture struck me as the sort who might have had other run ins with the law. He would have been 20 back in 2004 when this happened. Nothing else on Google that I can see.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0505/49784-murrayhinnm/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

****ing shocking some of the posts on here defending the rights of the scrote who got smashed. It’s not until their own property or person is attacked that they’ll come to realize in any way how that man must have felt. Absolute scum bags with dozens of convictions walk out of court every day, not a minute in prison for their latest crime. Yet this man is sentenced to time in prison for defending his property from at least one armed thug in a mob of 20. The jury should be ashamed of themselves.

• Advertisement

delighted for the little punk, may every one of them get the same

i wish the judiciary were as concerned over the initial breaking of the law as they were people taking it into their own hands

yerman should've gotten a suspended sentence.

Advertisement