Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Loving how gloriously empty the library is today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Kemmy is locked..

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Kemmy is locked..

Sorry, when I said yesterday that it'd be open I forgot it was a bank holiday and only open to those with keycard access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I just want the exams to start already. The Leaving Cert was less stressful than these exams

When are the exams actually over completely? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Exams are over on the 18th afaik

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Is anyone here really good at economics and able to give me grinds for 2 hours? I basically just have a few things I need made clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Why did I decide to study a language in college. Why. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone in the library? Is there seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Anyone in the library? Is there seats?

From what I can see, not that many. I didn't really look around me though

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Very few... met a few others walking around looking. Queue for the bigger computer room, the other is full too

• Advertisement

Ran out of paper and I'm in the library and can't go home to get more :(

Ran out of paper and I'm in the library and can't go home to get more :(

Spar by the butchers sells refill pads and stuff. I had to get some there yesterday. I can give you some paper either if you'd like?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

So wait everyone is in the library and i'm here chilling at home drinking tea and watching tv :P

Midkemia wrote: »
    So wait everyone is in the library and i'm here chilling at home drinking tea and watching tv :P

I unfortunately have an exam tomorrow at 9. I kinda need to be here :P

iLaura wrote: »
    Spar by the butchers sells refill pads and stuff. I had to get some there yesterday. I can give you some paper either if you'd like?

Sorry only saw this now! I ran down to the spar cos I needed to get a 2B pencil aswell haha.. They are running low on 2B pencils from what I could see :P

Sorry only saw this now! I ran down to the spar cos I needed to get a 2B pencil aswell haha.. They are running low on 2B pencils from what I could see :P

You're grand :P I don't think that I've ever actually used a 2B pencil for an MCQ exam. I just use whatevers in the pencil case and lean hard on it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Sometimes use pen... :cool:

As long as you don't use like H5 you should be alright.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    We should really have a "LIBRARY WATCH!" thread tbh. :pac:

I see what this is... a competitor for my amazing app idea...
    I'm a man who at the moment is very savvy with his business terms so perhaps you'd fancy a merger... That's the only one I can really use but I've a backlog more if things are a go :P

I see what this is... a competitor for my amazing app idea...
    I'm a man who at the moment is very savvy with his business terms so perhaps you'd fancy a merger... That's the only one I can really use but I've a backlog more if things are a go :P

Can I buy shares in the company? I'll buy ye both a Freddo or sausage rolls. In fact, I'd give ye 1.5 sausage rolls each!

Is the library only open at half 8?

Never mind I was looking at the wrong timetable :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Not gonna lie Chris, I'm legitimately thinking of making that app for my FYP now... :P

#youshouldhavegotapatent

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Far too relaxed for these exams, anyone want to whip me into shape :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Midkemia wrote: »
    Far too relaxed for these exams, anyone want to whip me into shape :P
    I'm the same, I can't motivate myself to care about this exam. And even though I'm really bored as I've no essays to do, and there's nothing on FB or boards.ie, I still won't look at my notes. But at the same time I'm convincing myself I can't go anywhere because I have an exam to study for! :pac:

If I get between 30% and 35% in a module but my QCA is over 2 can I compensatory pass the module?

If I get between 30% and 35% in a module but my QCA is over 2 can I compensatory pass the module?

Assuming that an F isn't either of those grades, yep!

Assuming that an F isn't either of those grades, yep!

If I got an F in the exam but it brought me to over 40% overall when you count assignments can I pass? I hope I was nowhere near an F but I'm just trying to reassure myself I passed :P The lecturer said that you don't have to pass the final exam to pass overall so I'm wondering if I could still pass even if I got an F in the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

If I got an F in the exam but it brought me to over 40% overall when you count assignments can I pass? I hope I was nowhere near an F but I'm just trying to reassure myself I passed :P The lecturer said that you don't have to pass the final exam to pass overall so I'm wondering if I could still pass even if I got an F in the exam?

Yeah that's fine

sup_dude wrote: »
    Yeah that's fine

Yup, not ideal (especially if this years QCA counts towards co-op), but it'll still be a pass.

Yup, not ideal (especially if this years QCA counts towards co-op), but it'll still be a pass.

I should have got more than that but I'm keeping my estimates low to avoid disappointment haha :P

• Advertisement

I could really do with that library seat checker app right now! Is there many free seats?

Advertisement