Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you believe Bob Lazar?

• 05-09-2020 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

The Bob Lazar story is interesting. Yes, his qualification history is undocumented but his claim that part of his history was erased to discredit him is evidential in the way in which he was indeed employed by Los Alamos laboratory (pay slips and his name in their phone book) and at a later court hearing (installing cctv cameras in an illegal brothel) when he was facing 5 years imprisonment. Again, he claimed to work at Los Alamos and the judge confirmed this. This would have been the time to come clean if he had to. Los Alamos denied he ever worked there.

Has anyone seen the documentary? I find that Corbell does not do him any favours, it could have been stripped back and just told the story like it was on Joe Rogan. I'll be the first to admit that there were areas where people could raise doubt about him in the past but anyone who has looked into the story will see that gradually most of what he said has been proven.

The new Pentagon UAP task force along with the Times article add fuel to it all.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Slow down, who’s been stealing your thoughts?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Yes.

I believe he is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Good question! ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

He was proven correct about the secret element he was on about it in the 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Never heard of him but your post reads like it should be in the conspiracy theory forum.

• Advertisement

Maybe years ago but I am talking about facts like the ones I mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

I believe in life after love!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Bob Lazar made a good point in the Netflix show.

Universities have no record of him.

Nobody graduates straight from high school to a top secret programme. Ergo he was university educated.

I don't think he is entirely truthful, but he has stuck to the story for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

It's very strange I find that in the 80's Bob Lazar was talking about a new element called Ununpentium element 115 known now as Moscovium. He definitely knew something back then. I'd say he did work in Los Alamos national lab back then, how else would he have known about this new element?.

Don't forget, top secret work in regard to military science and aerospace is kept secret for a reason, it seems that Lazar worked there and saw something that the rest of us are not privy to.

Moscovium is a synthetic chemical element with the symbol Mc and atomic number 115. It was first synthesized in 2003 by a joint team of Russian and American scientists at the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (JINR) in Dubna, Russia. In December 2015, it was recognized as one of four new elements by the Joint Working Party of international scientific bodies IUPAC and IUPAP. On 28 November 2016, it was officially named after the Moscow Oblast, in which the JINR is situated.

Moscovium is an extremely radioactive element: its most stable known isotope, moscovium-290, has a half-life of only 0.65 seconds. In the periodic table, it is a p-block transactinide element. It is a member of the 7th period and is placed in group 15 as the heaviest pnictogen, although it has not been confirmed to behave as a heavier homologue of the pnictogen bismuth. Moscovium is calculated to have some properties similar to its lighter homologues, nitrogen, phosphorus, arsenic, antimony, and bismuth, and to be a post-transition metal, although it should also show several major differences from them. In particular, moscovium should also have significant similarities to thallium, as both have one rather loosely bound electron outside a quasi-closed shell. About 100 atoms of moscovium have been observed to date, all of which have been shown to have mass numbers from 287 to 290.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

I agree, it's interesting he said this but that wouldn't be one of the things to make me believe him, because the elements are named in numeric order. Therefore it was possible an element 115 would be discovered at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

No I don't.
    I used to listen to Art Bell on Coast to Coast.
    Once I got past Bob Lazars sensational story I came to the conclusion that it didn't have much substance.
    All he did was make specialized information more publicly known and claim it was top secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,460 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If only there was some means of predicting the physical properties and atomic weights of currently "undiscovered" elements.

A table of some sort perhaps?
    With those elements currently known grouped on their atomic weight and characteristics?
    But, with space available for any predicted elements yet undiscovered?

As for the University attendance?
    Does he have copies of his transcript? Photos? Membership of any fraternities, socs or clubs?
    Any class mates remember him?
    Does he have any of his notebooks or notation from lectures or tutorial classes?

Why would Los Alamos hire him then?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    The Bob Lazar story is interesting. Yes, his qualification history is undocumented
    His qualification history is extremely well documented by what he's done.

Look at his jet car or stuff he's tried to sell with the aid of self publicity.

It's all 'off the shelf' stuff that loads of others have already done.

So what are you saying?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    So what are you saying?
    stuff he's tried to sell with the aid of self publicity
    I believe it's all lies and lying for financial gain is fraud.

As a general rule anyone selling books, or products or tours has a reason to lie. And if they aren't squeaky clean or have bona fides assume it's a con.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

I believe in life after love!

I really don't think you're strong enough! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I reckon he's genuine, although of course you can never really know one hundred per cent.

I completely believe Cmdr David Fravor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Hijpo wrote: »
    True but then when 115 is discovered what are the chances it would have the properties and applications he called out.

I think we only know 70% maybe less of what is actually known or developed by technological and science these days.

This is a worrying post, as I'm pretty sure that the periodic table of elements and the predicted and then proven properties of those elements is at Junior Cert level, you've got to be re-evaluating life choices if you're believing these stories, and aren't educated to such a basic level in the field of science (maybe science wasn't your thing, which is fine, but try not to have embarrassing opinions about it).

It's being said with such authority too, and using the royal we, as if speaking for everyone that they don't know 70% of how things work, I think for some people that percentage is way way higher, and for them the world must be truly magical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

astrofool wrote: »
    This is a worrying post, as I'm pretty sure that the periodic table of elements and the predicted and then proven properties of those elements is at Junior Cert level, you've got to be re-evaluating life choices if you're believing these stories, and aren't educated to such a basic level in the field of science (maybe science wasn't your thing, which is fine, but try not to have embarrassing opinions about it).

It's being said with such authority too, and using the royal we, as if speaking for everyone that they don't know 70% of how things work, I think for some people that percentage is way way higher, and for them the world must be truly magical.

Element 15 info proves nothing you right.

The information holding his story together is George Knapp found people who knew Bob at Los Alamos national labs and they said Bob was a scientist.

Robert Lazar phone number was listed in the Los Alamos lab, 1982 phone book. Journalists also wrote a piece about Bob the Los Alamos paper Bob was in picture by the jet car he manually build, and the paper says he was a physicist working at Los Alamos national labs.

If he truly was a physicist working at Los Alamos national labs well his story believable somewhat.You can see why he would be approached to do a unique job at S4/ Area 51.

Debunkers say he worked at Los Alamos but his job was a electrician. Who’s right don’t know! There one part of bob story i find too incredible to believe personally that the US government had nine alien ships in different hangars. He lost me there how they got them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

There us someone else who makes similar claims (think the name is John Lear), And the claims contradict Lazars. Lazar is also divisive in the particular cottage industry in question. Stanton Friedman (who is considered credible as he was a nuclear physicist) is one prominent figure who doesn’t believe him.

I completely believe Cmdr David Fravor though.

Agreed. David Fravor a black ace/top gun fighter plane officer highly credible witness and was not the only person to look at the objects in the Sky. Six pilots, revealed they saw UFOs in the area where the U.S. Navy carrier strike group was operating off the east coast of the United States i believe?

One pilot took off from the Nimitz carrier to chase a UFO, he took this footage he was a mile away i believe from his target? He says in a radio interview the object actively jammed his sensors to stop him getting details about the object.

At the end of the video its looks like a typical oval shaped saucer, with no wings, no signs of propulsion, takes off, speeds up, and the fighter jet lock can't follow it anymore it moving faster than the best jet fighter the US had.

The shape when its takes off to the left of screen remains me off this, just weird and :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Thank you

for them the world must be truly magical.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke 1973

At this stage I'm expecting a thread on John Titor soon. And that was complete and utter bollix because the computer involved could emulate others because all binary computers can be emulated.

At this stage I'm expecting a thread on John Titor soon. And that was complete and utter bollix because the computer involved could emulate others because all binary computers can be emulated.

Make one. John Titor a fascinating event in time. Qanon is an amateur compared to this guy.

Titor person uploaded images of his time displacement device online.

This is the drawing of it, in an army manual, titor says was from 2036.
    https://i.imgur.com/HwxX15w.jpg

Even uploaded pictures of the device in his car :eek:

https://metallicman.com/laoban4site/john-titor-and-detail-on-his-time-machine-part-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Make one. John Titor a fascinating event in time. Qanon is an amateur compared to this guy.

Titor person uploaded images of his time displacement device online.

This is the drawing of it, in an army manual, titor says was from 2036.
    https://i.imgur.com/HwxX15w.jpg

Even uploaded pictures of the device in his car :eek:

https://metallicman.com/laoban4site/john-titor-and-detail-on-his-time-machine-part-3/

Fascinating, I had no idea this existed. I'll have to read up on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

There was one a while back.

Was pretty much "heres a random guy from the internet making random claims some of which have already been shown not to be true. Guess he's really from the future."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,973 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

All cranks.

King Mob wrote: »
    There was one a while back.

Was pretty much "heres a random guy from the internet making random claims some of which have already been shown not to be true. Guess he's really from the future."
    It's usually the case that the core claim is unprovable and extremely implausible and many of the secondary claims could only be accepted with an awful lot more evidence than provided.

The golden rule is follow the money. Assume it's a con to gain credit or social credit and then wait for evidence that isn't.

If someone asks you to do your own research then you can take it to mean there isn't any out of the same circular arguments or they'd have presented it to you. It's a time wasting tactic.

Bob Lazar claims to be an engineer. The guys who shovel coal on steam engines are engineers. It's an unprotected word. Tinkering isn't engineering.

I'm saying Bob hasn't demonstrated the skills he claims he has. And that was the easiest thing for him to prove.

• Advertisement

The laws of physics (as we understand them) defying maneuveres of the craft Lazar described in 1989 is exactly what pilots (including Commander David Fravor) are describing decades later. They've even met (Lazar and Fravor) and agreed with each other's descriptions.

Advertisement