Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HBO Free Streaming. Sopranos, The Wire etc.

• 03-04-2020 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭

I saw this on hukd and am surprised it not on here. Very good deal.
    See here for all the info.

I downloaded the HBO app on my phone and it worked perfectly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

bromley52 wrote: »
    I saw this on hukd and am surprised it not on here. Very good deal.
    See here for all the info.

I downloaded the HBO app on my phone and it worked perfectly.

Does this require a VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Does this require a VPN?

Yep it says it at the bottom of the list of films etc in the link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Does this require a VPN?

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yep it says it at the bottom of the list of films etc in the link

Cool thanks didn’t see it ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭davedub2015

Any recomendations for vpn app change to get this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Any recomendations for vpn app change to get this
    ZenMate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

Tried this morning and couldn't get it working but was probably just too early.
    Out of curiousity, people have been using HBO Go in the past with a membership and VPN, are you able to sign in with just an email or do you always need to put in a provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

ThePott wrote: »
    Tried this morning and couldn't get it working but was probably just too early.
    Out of curiousity, people have been using HBO Go in the past with a membership and VPN, are you able to sign in with just an email or do you always need to put in a provider?

''HBO NOW is a standalone streaming service that doesn't require a cable TV package. HBO GO is included with a paid cable TV subscription that has HBO.''

HBO Go seems to be the app for active cable subscribers.
    I got this working with HBO NOW on firestick using ExpressVPN.

HBO NOW seems to allow cord cutter subscribe direct with credit card, through amazon channels or through bumping up their HULU account. May need Revolut or a US Credit Card.

Succession is worth the watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Struggling to get the app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i downloaded from here and side loaded into my android tv
    https://apkpure.com/hbo-now-stream-tv-movies/com.hbo.hbonow
    it has 7 days trial service
    activated the subscription and immediately cancelled it.
    after trial i should get free stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I sideloaded the hbo now app, turned on my vpn and it worked right away, no sub needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,819 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Does this require a VPN?

It works perfectly with getflix DNS too

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Pinkman

Seems to he the only place Succession is available. No longer on Sky Boxsets or Now TV even though it's on Sky Atlantic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

kaerobe wrote: »
    HBO NOW seems to allow cord cutter subscribe direct, through amazon or through their HULU account. May need Revolut or a US Credit Card.
    I got HBO Go working couldn't sign in through my hulu but didn't have an active subscription to HBO so maybe that's why. Maybe it's HBO Now I should have tried then.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PricklyPete

Any way to get this on a fire TV stick? I side loaded the Android APK but the fire TV remote can't navigate that app

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Snow Crash

Is the HBO prison drama "Oz" available to stream on HBO GO? I only watched the first few seasons back in the 90's and thought it was an awesome show but I think whatever channel I was viewing it on lost the TV rights so I lost track of where it was airing and never managed to see the later seasons and thus the conclusion to the story-line.

Any way to get this on a fire TV stick? I side loaded the Android APK but the fire TV remote can't navigate that app

Change your location of your firestick (using alexa app or maybe under devices on your amazon account). I was able to download HBO NOW via the amazon app store - need a VPN to watch.

As previously mentioned you should be able to sideload an APK. Make sure its not for android mobile and is for smart tvs or tablets.

Snow Crash wrote: »
    Is the HBO prison drama "Oz" available to stream on HBO GO? I only watched the first few seasons back in the 90's and thought it was an awesome show but I think whatever channel I was viewing it on lost the TV rights so I lost track of where it was airing and never managed to see the later seasons and thus the conclusion to the story-line.

Mate, you could have googled it faster than asking. It's available on HBO GO/NOW but is not included in the watch for free deal. You can get a 7 day trial and watch it or subscribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

This may help some folk:

To get HBO NOW on my Android phone, it was simple enough. Used my VPN (I pay for Pure VPN and it always works perfectly for me) to change to US, then downloaded the HBO NOW APK from here
    It works straight away on my phone once I have my VPN activated. Unfortunately, you cannot Chromecast when on VPN.

To get HBO NOW on my Firestick, I had to change my Amazon account settings to the US. You can see how to do that here

- Then, I searched for the HBO NOW app on Amazon.com and remote installed it onto the Firestick (see image attached)

- Then, I turned on my Firestick and set VPN to US. If the app doesn't appear, go to settings -> My Account -> Sync Amazon Content

- Then, I opened HBO NOW and set up the free 1 week trial (don't forget to cancel it). Hopefully, after the 1 week you should still have access to the free content like The Sopranos, The Wire, etc.

There may be an easier way to do all this, but that's what worked for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

How long is HBO free for lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭ffocused

Snow Crash wrote: »

OZ is available on Now TV with the entertainment pack.
    Offer for 2 months @ €15 at the moment should be long enough to watch it all.
    There will be a 1 or 2 week free trial available too with a new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Esquier2

They won`t accept irish cards in the registration for the free trial, what is the best way around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Tried getting HBO app for my Android phone - won't even show up on Google Play. Nor by going via the hotukdeals link.

Yes, I'm using Purevpn. :-((

Anybody got it going on Android or are you all on Apple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

marrm wrote: »
    Tried getting HBO app for my Android phone - won't even show up on Google Play. Nor by going via the hotukdeals link.

It's not on Google play..look back a page here and someone posted the APK link, I'm on Android and it's loaded for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,819 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

marrm wrote: »

You need to set VPN to USA. Next need to open a new Gmail account & this will be a US account. All US app will show in play store when using this new US Gmail account

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You need to set VPN to USA. Next need to open a new Gmail account & this will be a US account. All US app will show in play store when using this new US Gmail account

Showed straight up on my play store although wouldn't load until I switched the VPN on.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hbo.hbonow

Advertisement