Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D printer supplier

• 02-04-2020 5:21pm

Does anyone know a company still delivering 3D printers?

Hospital my wife is working in keeps running down face shields and there are accepted home made options, being used.

If I can get a printer I can start making some myself but getting 6 week lead times, from vendors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I'd suggest trying to source an Ender 3 from the UK.
    Some Ebay sellers claim to have stock in the UK

You should have it in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Amazon, with Prime, got one delivered in 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Cork_exile wrote: »
    Does anyone know a company still delivering 3D printers?

Hospital my wife is working in keeps running down face shields and there are accepted home made options, being used.

If I can get a printer I can start making some myself but getting 6 week lead times, from vendors

That's a very crude and bad use of 3D printing. It will take you 20 hours to assemble and calibrate a printer, then another 6 for each print.

I would learn to use traditional techiques.

1. Make a cardboard outline for the face shield - lay it flat.

2. Use that cardboard stencil and a box cutter knife to cut face shields out of sheets of transparent plastic

3. glue to each face shield a piece of foam.

Nobody uses 3D printing for this, it's click-bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

That's a very crude and bad use of 3D printing. It will take you 20 hours to assemble and calibrate a printer, then another 6 for each print.

I would learn to use traditional techiques.

1. Make a cardboard outline for the face shield - lay it flat.

2. Use that cardboard stencil and a box cutter knife to cut face shields out of sheets of transparent plastic

3. glue to each face shield a piece of foam.

Nobody uses 3D printing for this, it's click-bait.

6 hours to assemble and calibrate mine.

Printing visors for the Benchspace project the past couple of weeks, only takes about an hour per print.

Advertisement