Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Beers - August 30 - EatYard/ the Bernard Shaw

Options

Comments

cjmc wrote: »
    Can ya pop in or is it strictly RSVP

You can pop in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hope weather improves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

I'll go.

Wife is bringing the kids up weshst to her people.

I've the weekend to myself.:D

Anybody willing to provide a bed/couch/floor to a grumpy eccentric old git from the sticks?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I Like beer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

How do you know who the boardsies are?! I get really shy on these occasions 😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Porklife wrote: »
    How do you know who the boardsies are?! I get really shy on these occasions ��

Name tags?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

How do you know who the boardsies are?! I get really shy on these occasions 😬

Usually it'll be fired up here exactly where the group is, or someone will bring something to make the group more noticeable. I remember a Donegal beers and there was a tin of pineapple, or similar, in the middle of the table... There was a story behind it, I've no idea what it was, but that was used as a way to find the group :)

For individuals, just ask, be grand :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

How do you know who the boardsies are?! I get really shy on these occasions ��

Just walk in and express an opinion
    When a group of people rush over to tell you that you're wrong
    That'll be us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

A tin of condensed milk on the table is the universal sign for a boards drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Nosnon wrote: »

Ah, maybe that was it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ye might get lucky and scanlas might show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Evaporated milk is healthier. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

The Master wrote: »
    Just walk in and express an opinion
    When a group of people rush over to tell you that you're wrong
    That'll be us

Hahaha brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Might have to knock this one on the head unfortunately! Just got message off one me mates to do with Friday and I'll be out Sunday for All Ireland final as well so can't really afford them all ha.

I'll know closer to the day sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I Like beer

As do I. I think I'll attend this gathering.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Any decent close by hotels for those travelling and staying over ?

Any decent close by hotels for those travelling and staying over ?

You wouldn't need to stay very close. Lots of places are in walking distance of the pub. Have a look at the Drury Court and Brookes Hotel both on Drury St. I've stayed in them and they were grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Got sorted ,:), only thing is I get incredibly shy sometimes so I'll hid outside!

• Advertisement

Got sorted ,:), only thing is I get incredibly shy sometimes so I'll hid outside!

We'll all hide outside with you! :)

It's understandable to be apprehensive about meeting brand new people. I know I can be. If you are a shy person to begin with then I can only imagine how nervous you might be. I've already met a few who are going and they are a grand bunch. Send me a PM when you arrive and I'll go meet you.

If anyone is uneasy about introducing themselves to a group, I can definitely attest that Persepoly is lovely and will immediately put you at ease.

If you like a challenge, however, I got myself a black eye on Saturday morning after an unexpected clash with a hurl, so you can just appoach the guy with the blue-green eye-socket and take your chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Send me a PM when you arrive and I'll go meet you.

Not going myself but I had to say what a lovely offer, P. Its almost as if nice people do exist!

Not going myself but I had to say what a lovely offer, P. Its almost as if nice people do exist!

I know what it's like to be apprehensive Deebles and I don't want people thinking we are a bunch of undesirables thanks to Tyrants black eye :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I get paid on Thursday so i'll have to see how much I have to play with after bills. I've never been to Beatyard, whats the craic with it? Is it a pub or a foodie place?? Seems like an outdoor market on it's website.

I get paid on Thursday so i'll have to see how much I have to play with after bills. I've never been to Beatyard, whats the craic with it? Is it a pub or a foodie place?? Seems like an outdoor market on it's website.

It's a pub with an outdoor space at the back that has a pizza truck thing and maybe other food things. It's been years since I was last there and even then just the once.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Thread title is a bit confusing I think. Eatyard is next door to Bernard shaw and is a daytime food market. Bernard Shaw is a pub and has a big beer garden of its own which holds a double decker bus that they serve pizza from.

Thread title is a bit confusing I think. Eatyard is next door to Bernard shaw and is a daytime food market. Bernard Shaw is a pub and has a big beer garden of its own which holds a double decker bus that they serve pizza from.

Ahhhhhh. Thanks for that. It is the Bernard Shaw where the beers are happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I can just imagine the looks Perse will get from people when a load of lads walk up to her asking are you the woman off the internet.

• Advertisement

I can just imagine the looks Perse will get from people when a load of lads walk up to her asking are you the woman off the internet.

:D

Advertisement