Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

I was updated yesterday that Rahillion Park (eastern side) is now due for snagging in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

denisstack wrote:
    I was updated yesterday that Rahillion Park (eastern side) is now due for snagging in August.

Good to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 raja_s

Does anyone have more updates on Crescent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sineadch12

We asked yesterday and they said should be ready to snag at the start of July
    raja_s wrote: »
    Does anyone have more updates on Crescent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

hi sinead, that's great news, are you in first 8 or last 8??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Sineadch12

We’re the last 8, how about yourself?
    jester1980 wrote: »
    hi sinead, that's great news, are you in first 8 or last 8??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 elliot895

Hi all

We moved into the Drive two weeks ago. We’re delighted with the finish of the house although there were some minor issues when moved in, but the builders were more than happy to come back immediately and resolve them. Have found Gordon and his team great to deal with.

On move in dates just a word of warning, expect delays, our date of snag and move in moved quite a few times as the date got closer which didn’t really bother us because we had flexibility on our lease at the time.

Look forward to meeting yas all in rahillion in the coming months

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pdbeighty1

I just called out to the site and the crescent was open.. it is almost completely finished. Scaffolding is down off all of the houses.

All of the houses from 12 - 5 are basically finished... ours just needs its driveway to be put in

I was chatting to one of the builders who was saying they have very little left to do, just some ground works, a wall to build into the school and a bit of a tidy up.

Pic below

http://imgur.com/Nsjzf6l

• Registered Users Posts: 8 niamhmag

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows the name and type of the floorboards that were in the 4bed show house? I am trying to find something similar but am not having much luck.

Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AKPJ

We got our keys on the Drive - looking forward to moving in once we get our floors down!

A couple of things we still need to do - hoping someone can DM me some recommendations:
    1 - Supply and fit shower doors
    2 - Install kitchen appliances (including putting on the integrated doors) - we have the appliances ordered

Also, has anyone got broadband in / ordered yet? What are the options? I'd heard Virgin Media was going to be available.

• Advertisement

Sineadch12 wrote: »
    We’re the last 8, how about yourself?

Yeah same as Sinead so hopefully will be similar timing fingers crossed

We got notice of snagging today on the crescent. Just after the bank holiday...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Qwer

Hi does anybody have a recommendation by pm of someone to hang light fittings

• Registered Users Posts: 11 singita

Hi

Just wondering does anyone know how big/small the attics in the 4 beds (semi) are?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rcallagh

AKPJ wrote: »
    We got our keys on the Drive - looking forward to moving in once we get our floors down!

A couple of things we still need to do - hoping someone can DM me some recommendations:
    2 - Install kitchen appliances (including putting on the integrated doors) - we have the appliances ordered

Also, has anyone got broadband in / ordered yet? What are the options? I'd heard Virgin Media was going to be available.

Hi,
    Was the integrated dishwasher included?
    Thank

Ok so i have a bit of an update.

I called to make an appointment for snagging which i had agreed with the person doing the snagging based on a date i.got from ballisk.. The builders were concerned it was too late as they had prioritised getting my house ready among the first. So long story short i had to change plan and i ended up snagging on thursday. (31st).

There were some issues, mostly small and a few annoying items.. however, if im being honest the place looked great. It was well finished, had been cleaned and generally exceeded my expectations and its worth noting that i was snagging as there was some pretty heavy building work still going on the green!

Hopefully you all have a similar experience!

FYI there was no ESB so i was snagging on a generator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AKPJ

rcallagh wrote: »

Hi,
    Was the integrated dishwasher included?
    Thank
    None of my appliances were included.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 roryclerkin

We are hopefully getting the keys to our house this week. We went with bathstore and more in swords for shower doors and tiling. Great to deal with. Looking forward to getting in and getting floors down etc. We are delighted with the development and Gordon and the foremen have been great to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Marie Grace

Does upstairs come painted?

yes..the whole house is painted one standard colour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 alexey

Hi, everyone.

We are happy to share with you that we are about to get Sales Contract closed and will get keys on 12th of June.

As I mentioned in my previous post, that it is impossible to finish new house without any issues. And only thing that differentiates decent builder with High Standard culture from another - it is how willing they are ready to get issues fixed and get customer satisfied.

I found that our builder in general and foremen Gordon and Tom in particular takes care of their customers very carefully and are very open to any questions being raised during snagging process.

Hereby, I would like to express my gratitude and would highly recommend Ballisk to everyone and of course to those purchasers who are about to make a decision whether to go ahead with Ballisk or not.

Thank you,

• Registered Users Posts: 4 letter6728

Hi - we are looking at buying on Rahillion Drive. The plot has a north facing garden and I wonder if anyone on here is already in one of the houses with a north facing garden and how you find it? I've never considered it as a big deal and like the fact there isn't any development directly behind us, but I've had a few comments that have made me doubt myself.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am sure that someone has already got connected to Virgin Media.
    Could you please share or experience?
    How did they do connection, as Virgin requires coaxial outlet to be installed in house, but we have RJ45 sockets only.

Do they pull in any new cables next entrance door or any other stuff?

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Min89

Hi Alexey,

We had Virgin media installed during the week. Our service didn’t work due to internal cable damage but they are coming to run new cabling tomorrow.

We have two coaxial cables in the termination boxes at the side of the house, these run up to a box in the hot press and then can be patched to two bedrooms, kitchen and sitting room from there. We have rj45 and coaxial connections in each of these rooms.

Hope this helps.....

Min89 wrote: »
    Hi Alexey,

We had Virgin media installed during the week. Our service didn’t work due to internal cable damage but they are coming to run new cabling tomorrow.

We have two coaxial cables in the termination boxes at the side of the house, these run up to a box in the hot press and then can be patched to two bedrooms, kitchen and sitting room from there. We have rj45 and coaxial connections in each of these rooms.

Hope this helps.....

Hi, thank you very much will follow up with Virgin.

I found that address in my sales contract (# Rahillion Drive, Donabate, County Dublin) differs from houses on the same street having info from eircode.ie
    For instance based in eircode.ie: house #10 on Rahillion Drive has an address: 10 Rahillion Drive, Rahillion, Portrane, Co. Dublin

Could some one clarify that :)

Hi all, just wondering if anyone could pm me a recommendation for a snagger they found good? Just looking for one or two options. Also does someone have anyone who will supply and fit shower doors?
    Thanks a mil!

Hi, just wondering if anyone has been given a closing date for the Crescent?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nikki2510

Hi Singita,
    we are no 16 and no word yet - last time I asked they said end of july…

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nikki2510

Hey

Bit of a random one.. we have a 3 bed in Crescent and the downstairs bathroom has space for washer / dryer - I've been promised that they can fit integrated machines here and doors over them - has anyone managed to do this? and if so was it just a standard sized integrated machines ?

thanks all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Happy17

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has an updated copy of the site plan for the estate?I can't seem to find it anywhere online. Thanks a million

Advertisement