Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

got my picnic basket yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Big thanks to OP!
    I just picked up 2 today.

Has anyone ever used the waterproofing that you can get in a tin or a spray. Might give it a go.
    Its just a bit mad that the 2 tents together is actually cheaper than the waterproofing stuff. ha

You can get waterproofing in lidl from time to time dirt cheap, there are 2 kinds though you want the silicone one for a tent the other one is waxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just to jump in here to say I was chatting to the Halfords lads in Liffey Valley, the shop was quiet and almost closed. They said Head office started the sale without stocking the stores in advance or informing them. They have been wiped out of stock and have no idea what is going to turn up on the delivery vans because it appears that those running the website put no limits on most of the sale stock. They said they can barely keep anything on the shelves so much is reserved and some of that reserve stock (depends on what was reserved) isn't arriving at all even though it was reserved online and is showing as arrived at the store to those who ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Thought I better post a photo of my €50 tent bought from this thread! You really cant complain at €50 for this. The stainless steel flask was also only €1, which had been on sale for €12 down from €18. I got two of those because the actual €1 ones I had reserved were sold and the manager was being nice and didnt want me to leave unhappy.

20150817_180238.jpg
    20150817_180227.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Savage set up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jobage!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And a great ALDI table too !! I like the set up !

Picked up a couple of swing balls sets for a fiver each yesterday - awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Just to jump in here to say I was chatting to the Halfords lads in Liffey Valley, the shop was quiet and almost closed. They said Head office started the sale without stocking the stores in advance or informing them. They have been wiped out of stock and have no idea what is going to turn up on the delivery vans because it appears that those running the website put no limits on most of the sale stock. They said they can barely keep anything on the shelves so much is reserved and some of that reserve stock (depends on what was reserved) isn't arriving at all even though it was reserved online and is showing as arrived at the store to those who ordered.

Is that part of it? add to the mayhem and get people into a feeding frenzy to just buy whatever is left, they know whats booked will sell, and they can just rely on people to pick up whatever crap is available?

It's probably over the top but Im having visions of them filming hapless consumers through one way glass and betting on the poor proles.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Picked up the Picnic Basket today. Good quality with proper plates & glasses as opposed to the plastic type.

Also picked up a Camaro Remote Control Car for €5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Thought I better post a photo of my €50 tent bought from this thread! You really cant complain at €50 for this. The stainless steel flask was also only €1, which had been on sale for €12 down from €18. I got two of those because the actual €1 ones I had reserved were sold and the manager was being nice and didnt want me to leave unhappy.

I got the same tent, one question about it - The "windows" at the front, is there fabric at the back to cover them up?

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    I got the same tent, one question about it - The "windows" at the front, is there fabric at the back to cover them up?

Yes, there is a triangular flap with toggles that cover those windows up. I will say there is a ridiculous design flaw, or corner cutting flaw in the design.

The part you can see that sticks out kind of like a small awning at the front doesnt actually zip closed at the bottom. This is only held closed by 3 small velcro patches which means if the wind ended up blowing into it, it would be likely to bellow in and and that part of the tent would get soaked if it was raining. It is a truly bizarre omission not putting a zip on it as a zip is not expensive and it would be the obvious thing to do and there would be no problems at all with it.

I will probably buy a few more velcro things and stitch them on it as I would more likely ruin it by trying to put a zip on it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

athtrasna wrote: »
    I didn't get an email or text to say my order is in store. It was due yesterday. Couldn't get through on the phone today , order was a couple of cooler bags. Worth going in?

You won't get an update from them after your order confirmation. Just go to your chosen store at the date & time given on your confirmation email, although they will hold your order for a few days beyond that.

I've use my AxaPlus card for an extra 10% off anything that I've bought and there is a post somewhere with a 15% off discount for September.

Picking up a Swingball tomorrow for €4.20 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

fdevine wrote: »
    You won't get an update from them after your order confirmation. Just go to your chosen store at the date & time given on your confirmation email, although they will hold your order for a few days beyond that.

I've use my AxaPlus card for an extra 10% off anything that I've bought and there is a post somewhere with a 15% off discount for September.

Picking up a Swingball tomorrow for €4.20 :D

Didnt seem to be any shortage of cooler bags in any of the 4 halfords stores I visited over the main sale week so worth checking out

they fecken seen yea all coming folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Wanderer78 wrote: »

How so? Just got a swing ball for my kids for a fiver!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

Halfords Wexford Bosch Aero wiper blade for 3 euro, I think 26 & 22 for Renault. Few left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    We actually got a better deal than our UK counterparts,dunno if it was a mistake but all the sale items had the same numerical value, for example the tent I got was €50 but in UK it was £50(€70) same with sleeping bags €15 here £15 UK,Chairs €10/£10 UK, every sale item + also checked in store in newry...So great deals!!!

We actually got a better deal than our UK counterparts,dunno if it was a mistake but all the sale items had the same numerical value, for example the tent I got was €50 but in UK it was £50(€70) same with sleeping bags €15 here £15 UK,Chairs €10/£10 UK, every sale item + also checked in store in newry...So great deals!!!

Yeah I saw that too. In fact when I told one of my friends who lives in County Down about it, he came south and went into Halfords in Dundalk to buy stuff because of the huge difference, especially with that exchange rate it worked out great for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

soc wrote: »
    [...]

Thank you very much!

Ms jou just ordered 4 of them for her grandchildren. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

Boardman Road Sport reduced to €440 via web:

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/boardman-road-sport-bike

€540 instore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

€540 instore

399 for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

Cricket set €3 , giant Garden games set €3, few more bits reduced today see link http://www.halfords.ie/kids-zone/toys/outdoor-toys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

craggy2 wrote: »
    Cricket set €3 , giant Garden games set €3, few more bits reduced today see link http://www.halfords.ie/kids-zone/toys/outdoor-toys

I reserved three items in Cork. Got a call some hours later to say that they only had one of the three now in stock despite their website saying earlier that all items were in stock.

I reserved three items in Cork. Got a call some hours later to say that they only had one of the three now in stock despite their website saying earlier that all items were in stock.

Happened me too, reserved 4 items in stock, got call shortly after to say only 2 available....must have a crappy stock system , kinda come go expect it with Halfords :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

naughtb4 wrote: »
    399 for me!

And me but I didn't want to rub it in!

€540 instore

know somebody that has one. lovely bike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Arrived to collect my one item and was told that they 'found' the other two I had originally reserved! Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

soc wrote: »
    Picked up the Picnic Basket today. Good quality with proper plates & glasses as opposed to the plastic type.

Thanks for this, Got 3 of them in Galway yesterday, they were wondering why the sudden surge in sales for it.

And handy with the AXA-plus discount on top as well.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Thanks for this, Got 3 of them in Galway yesterday, they were wondering why the sudden surge in sales for it.

And handy with the AXA-plus discount on top as well.. :)

Are there any left in Galway? Can't seen to reserve online.

• Advertisement

18" Apollo Bike Boys and Girls reduced down to €85 , http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?srch=18%22apollo+bike&action=search&storeId=11101&catalogId=15551&langId=-1. 15 % off for axa plus cardholders works with too for September, print this and bring along with axa card or insurance disc. https://www.axaplus.ie/halfords-starbuy?newsletter=yes

Advertisement