Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Beersmith

From memory mirs last 10 fights or so were pure striking. His days of grappling are long gone. Just as good striking as many HWs which isn't great.

I don't think he has a glass jaw either just gets hit pretty easily.

Fits the BK promotion anyway, has been etc ive zero interest in watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭Homelander

His striking is very sub-par and he gets hit easily, I can see BKFC going perfectly horribly for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Perry v Lawler booked.

This will show what sort of level Robbie is at, you'd imagine be should beat Perry but if he doesn't it's time to retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Costa looks very healthy on the scales at 185.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Gonna be an interesting fight.
    Izzy is a fantastic counter puncher and Costa likes to go full Terminator and walk people down.
    Fairly perfect match up for Izzy, but costa is tough as ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Izzy 184 with all his gear on, costa is gonna be even bigger than I thought In there with him.

Very interesting fight I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Noticed this odd character wearing yellow shades asking Dana a question at the recent UFC Fight night presser. Discovered today he's called "The Schmo". Am I the only one late to the party with this guy?
    Still undecided if he's funny, knowledgeable or just plain irritating... Perhaps a mixture of all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Noticed this odd character wearing yellow shades asking Dana a question at the recent UFC Fight night presser. Discovered today he's called "The Schmo". Am I the only one late to the party with this guy?
    Still undecided if he's funny, knowledgeable or just plain irritating... Perhaps a mixture of all 3.

He looks and sounds like a joke but he asks some great questions and gets really good access to fighters and the ufc.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    He looks and sounds like a joke but he asks some great questions and gets really good access to fighters and the ufc.

That was my first impression at the presser, can't remember the question but he sounded very knowledgeable. The style of how he asked the question and his voice/look made him particularly memorable.

And I just stumbled upon his Instagram today and realized he styles himself as "The Schmo" and refers to himself constantly in the 3rd person, which isn't something I'm particularly fond of.

I suppose you do what you gotta do to market yourself these days. I've gone badly off Ariel Helwani since last year, can't stand him anymore and I was his biggest fan back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

Can't stand the guy myself, it's all an act and underneath it all there's probably a pretty competent journalist, but I can't have him at all.

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote: »
    Can't stand the guy myself, it's all an act and underneath it all there's probably a pretty competent journalist, but I can't have him at all.

That's the age we live in though. How many competent MMA journalists that we haven't heard of are jobbing away? You create an outlandish persona and get famous overnight.

Similar to how Colby became a sensation, underneath that persona Colby is just a fairly normal guy who has amazing wrestling credentials.

Yeah he has been at it for at least a year has his own podcast and interviewed pretty everyone at this stage and trains a lot with fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭Homelander

Really looking forward to that card.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

A Cage Contender card with the Bellator brand attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Is it another can for Gallagher or is this guy capable of beating him?

3 very unlikeable lads I'll be hoping all 3 get brutally KO'd

• Registered Users Posts: 39,002 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rob316 wrote: »
    Is it another can for Gallagher or is this guy capable of beating him?

He's 8-2. Gallagher is 10-1.
    Seems like a suitable match on that basis.

People hate Gallagher's attitude. So they'll criticise him for fightign guys on whic ha record similar to his, then criticise him for calling for a title shot. But the reality he's in the middle of a small field over in Belator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Dana says the UFC have officially offered McGregor and Poirier the rematch. Hopefully we get that before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Dana says the UFC have officially offered McGregor and Poirier the rematch. Hopefully we get that before the end of the year.

Ah lads Dana folded. The lads must have had a loophole in the context that allowed them to go ahead.

2 things. I hope a lot of money still goes to charity and I'm really looking forward to Conor v Dustin at LW, will be a cracking fight.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah lads Dana folded. The lads must have had a loophole in the context that allowed them to go ahead.

2 things. I hope a lot of money still goes to charity and I'm really looking forward to Conor v Dustin at LW, will be a cracking fight.

How is that folding. Don't think dana was ever against conor fighting. He retired so why would he offer him fights.

Izzy getting nasty. Jon's mother is dead?

Wish Jon didn't go to heavey this fight will never happen. I'd like to see it though.

https://twitter.com/stylebender/status/1311655796703334400?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I want to like Izzy but the way he's been acting since he beat Costa has been completely devoid of class. Constant memes, sending him insults.

We get it, he wound you up a bit. But relax. You already beat him up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

Izzy is so unlikeable I think I'd root for Jones if they ever fought

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Izzy has a constant chip on his shoulder.
    Always seems to be concerned about other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Izzy vs Rockhold is a fight I would love to see, never happen tho

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I want to like Izzy but the way he's been acting since he beat Costa has been completely devoid of class. Constant memes, sending him insults.

We get it, he wound you up a bit. But relax. You already beat him up!

I think Costa got to him a lot more than he let on based on the post-fight comments about bullies and Costa's pre fight antics. Not hugely surprised he's still kicking him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Would love to see Jones fight him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Ye Izzy loves to play the victim. If there is anyone that deserves it though it is Costa and his little troll of a coach Eric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

If any of you are fans of Felony Charles Bennett, aka Krazy Horse, what was initially going to be a quick highlight reel video i was making about him turned into a 25 min long deep dive on his career, the wanderlei beef, and his failure to live up to his potential

Bit of a niche fighter to make such a long video about but hey, its covid era baby, im bored!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement