Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Ordered Friday night and still showing as "Your order is being processed." despite having moved to "Your order is being dispatched." and then back, and all options available in stock online.. Anyone order Friday / Monday and have better progress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Ordered Friday night and still showing as "Your order is being processed." despite having moved to "Your order is being dispatched." and then back, and all options available in stock online.. Anyone order Friday / Monday and have better progress

Ordered Sunday 24th and delivered yesterday 26th.

Mine also did the...

Your order is being processed.
    Your order is being dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Ordered Sunday 24th and delivered yesterday 26th.

Mine also did the...

Your order is being dispatched.

FYP

Your payment is being processed.
    Your order is due for dispatch.

3rd stage means everything is fine. So, one can expect the phone by post any day hereafter.

mac.in wrote: »
    Did anyone get his/her order dispatched?

My order status online was 'due for dispatch', but now has reverted to 'processing'.

FYP

My order status online was 'due for dispatch', but now has changed to "Your order is being processed".

FYP

My order status online was 'due for dispatch', but now has changed to "Your order is being processed".

Yes. that (order is being processed) is the third stage and it means your order is being processed for dispatch.

Initially I had a confusion about 'processing' and 'dispatch' terms. Later I realised after experiencing myself through the process, that it is the way I have explained above.

Hope my explanation sorted your confusion too ;).

• Advertisement

LowOdour wrote: »
    Go my P30 yesterday, happy with it... definitely 100e well spent. 128GB storage is great, for some reason I thought it was 64GB.

Question - we need another phone in the house and was thinking of ordering one of the cheaper Samsung. Since my number won't be ported for another week or so, is it possible to order another phone with discount on same number?

Is P30 dual sim?

Yes. that (order is being processed) is the third stage and it means your order is being processed for dispatch.

Initially I had a confusion about 'processing' and 'dispatch' terms. Later I realised after experiencing myself through the process, that it is the way I have explained above.

Hope my explanation sorted your confusion too ;).

;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

scudzilla wrote: »
    I bought that unlock yesterday, searched everywhere and that seemed the cheapest and decent feedback. Should find out in a few days

Any luck with this code? I got the p30 lite in store the other day but haven't gotten to unlocking yet

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. Vodafone are definitely not checking sims. Put mine in phone for first time five mins before ordering and never topped up. All the cancellations seem to be for multiple orders.

I never even took the eir sim card out of the packet. That said I did buy the phone in store, so maybe the port failed later.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Watch out.
    I went and got one of the phones in-shop in Vodafone.
    They insisted on charging me for a 20 euro top up as well as the phone.
    And seeing as I was in a rush I paid it.. sending the phone abroad with someone travelling as an early christmas present.

BTW can anyone advise me.. I was hoping to send the phone over unopened.. but I'm wondering now should I stick the vodafone sim into the phone and activate it?
    I'm planning on having the person abroad do the unlocking bit over there..
    Or should I get it done here before I send it?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Just wondering.. looking at the newly arrived phone.. there is no mention of vodafone inside the cellophane wrapper...
    Is it actually already locked to vodafone right now? Or does it get locked to vodafone when you put the SIM into it for the first time?

Has anyone tried a different operators SIM in the phone before ever putting the vodafone one into it?

vidapura wrote: »
    Just wondering.. looking at the newly arrived phone.. there is no mention of vodafone inside the cellophane wrapper...
    Is it actually already locked to vodafone right now? Or does it get locked to vodafone when you put the SIM into it for the first time?

Has anyone tried a different operators SIM in the phone before ever putting the vodafone one into it?

It's locked on arrival, out of the box.

I have put an alien sim in (never put the vf sim in actually) and that's when it asks you to enter the unlock code.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I got an upgrade today, Huwawei have 200 off the p30 and p30 plus and then there's an extra 100 off for upgrades so I got the pro for 100 euro, the regular would have been free with my plan which is basic enough. This was vodafone in store.

I'm planning on having the person abroad do the unlocking bit over there.. Or should I get it done here before I send it?

I'd be inclined to let the person you're giving it to do the unlocking. When you turn it on it's going to go through the setup procedure that includes your language, location, gmail address etc.

I'd be inclined to let the person you're giving it to do the unlocking. When you turn it on it's going to go through the setup procedure that includes your language, location, gmail address etc.

Yah, thanks, thats what I was kinda thinkin...
    Would they need the vodafone sim though? PUK's and all that??

Like I ended up stuck with €20 vodafone credit.. so I was thinkin I'd stick the vodafone sim in an old phone I have and use it there...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Balmed Out wrote: »
    I got an upgrade today, Huwawei have 200 off the p30 and p30 plus and then there's an extra 100 off for upgrades so I got the pro for 100 euro, the regular would have been free with my plan which is basic enough. This was vodafone in store.

Was this on bill pay or pay as you go?

Was this on bill pay or pay as you go?

bill

Anyone able to tell me, is the phone credit I was forced to buy in the shop related to the phone number? Or could some one else use it?
    Like, could I sell it to someone?

Watch out.
    I went and got one of the phones in-shop in Vodafone.
    They insisted on charging me for a 20 euro top up as well as the phone.
    And seeing as I was in a rush I paid it.. sending the phone abroad with someone travelling as an early christmas present.

BTW can anyone advise me.. I was hoping to send the phone over unopened.. but I'm wondering now should I stick the vodafone sim into the phone and activate it?
    I'm planning on having the person abroad do the unlocking bit over there..
    Or should I get it done here before I send it?

Thanks

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Anyone able to tell me, is the phone credit I was forced to buy in the shop related to the phone number? Or could some one else use it?

No, not tied to your number. Can be used by anyone on Vodafone PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Anywhere you can pick up a cheap sim rather than waiting for delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

commited wrote: »
    Anywhere you can pick up a cheap sim rather than waiting for delivery?

You can get a Tesco sim free when you buy 15 euro credit, you can pass the credit on to someone who might use it.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Wolftown

I also had to buy €20 credit, have put it up on adverts for €10. If no-one buys it I think there's ways to purchase games, music etc or donate to a charity which is what I'll end up doing if no takers!

Can someone please tell if P30 is a dual sim phone?

Wolftown wrote: »
    I also had to buy €20 credit, have put it up on adverts for €10. If no-one buys it I think there's ways to purchase games, music etc or donate to a charity which is what I'll end up doing if no takers!

Oh really? I'll have a look at the charity options so.
    Thanks

Can someone please tell if P30 is a dual sim phone?

It can have two sims or one and a nano memory card. I think only one works at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Seems to be back in stock. I just ordered one.

Edit: Must have been a load rushing from here, website down now :D

Sorry, wrong thread. Was meant to post this in the specific Pixel 3A thread. Is relevant here too, I suppose.

Just received a cancellation on the P30 Lite :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

commited wrote: »
    Just received a cancellation on the P30 Lite :(

I ordered one Wednesday ,received it today.
    Vodafone never seem to port the number over for me for some reason,which is fine .:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Not sure if this is allowed, but will this work?

Order a free sim card from another provider
    Get the new number
    Order a phone from VF and say i'm transferring from another provider
    Use the phone number from the free sim card (my phone is unlocked so can retrieve the code they send)
    When that's complete, put original VF sim card into the new phone
    I know it's a lot of effort to save €50 in the price difference, but would that work ok?

Advertisement