Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

WillyFXP wrote: »
    I wear a 44 in shimanos, I've ordered the 43's due to reports of them being true to size or even a tiny bit bigger.

Did you get yours yet? I wear 44 in Shinanos also and have an old pair of ProRacer Chromes in 44 and they're identical in size to the Shinanos so I order the magnums in 44 also, going now they're not too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

I've a pair of the Diadoras size 45 for sale (E50) or exchange for size 44s if anyone needs a trade.

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    I've a pair of the Diadoras size 45 for sale (E50) or exchange for size 44s if anyone needs a trade.

Out of interest, do you know your Shimano shoe size?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Got the Altura jacket delivered today, for anyone undecided, its a serious piece of kit, unreal price, sizing is true so you're a medium get medium, ie not Italian sizing.

CJC999 wrote: »
    Out of interest, do you know your Shimano shoe size?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

Bugger! I'm 44 in Shimano And ordered 44 in Diadora. Are they much bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭billyhead

I got the Daidora shoes delivered today and the sizing is a little tighter compared to my Specialized road shoes. I take the same size as the shoes I ordered in the Diadora. The only frustrating thing about the shoes is the clasp (release) are hard to open when the shoes are on you. You have to fiddle around with them for a bit.:P

CJC999 wrote: »
    Bugger! I'm 44 in Shimano And ordered 44 in Diadora. Are they much bigger?

They seem to be all over the place, fitting small on some and large on others.
    As I said earlier I'm 45 in Specialized shoes, 46 in Shimano.
    With the 45 Diadora I can fit my index finger into the gap that's present at the heel, and that's with the clasp fully tightened.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

With the 45 Diadora I can fit my index finger into the gap that's present at the heel, and that's with the clasp fully tightened.

That's disappointing, I was waiting to hear on this, great deal. I'm shimano 46 also. Obvioulsy you would now recommend going one size down at least. What's it like width wize / in the toe box.

Konkers wrote: »
    That's disappointing, I was waiting to hear on this, great deal. I'm shimano 46 also. Obvioulsy you would now recommend going one size down at least. What's it like width wize / in the toe box.

Roomy.
    It must be the 'magnum' aspect that's throwing the sizes off kilter.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

ericzeking wrote: »
    Got the Altura jacket delivered today, for anyone undecided, its a serious piece of kit, unreal price, sizing is true so you're a medium get medium, ie not Italian sizing.

Second this. Got medium. Great fit. Gona give it a good test run 2mro with the weather as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

May not be a bargain to some or may not be an item to shout about, but picked up a garmin edge in halfords today, reduced to 89.99. If you know a friendly employee who'll get it for you it comes to €67. Thought that was a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭cassette50

Shimano 105 5700 STI Levers for €120 at Merlin

http://goo.gl/aGBG2B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

If the snow and ice return and you need extra warm socks you may well be glad you have shoes with a finger sized space to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Elite Magnetic Cycle Trainer -- €84.60 at Halfords.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_223837_langId_-1_categoryId_289003

Showing at 94 but 10% comes off at checkout.

No idea if anygood but might suit some..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Fair few medium and large in the blue altura jackets left in Sportsworld Ballina.

I ordered the Diadora Magnums from CRC at 14:22 yesterday. They arrived at 09:55 today!

Ordered size 44 as I have an older pair of Diadora proracers in 44 and they're a perfect fit. I read all the reviews regarding size and actually emailed CRC to change my order to size 43 at 16:00 yesterday but alas it was too late and they had been dispatched.

Anyway, they're a perfect fit. Ever so slightly bigger than a Shimano 44 but not so big that you'd need to go down a size.

I'm Absolutely delighted with them. They look great and for €50 delivered, they're the bargain of the year.

Bargain of the year, there is a guy going about giving out free bits all depending on whether your naughty or nice, so be good for goodness sake!!!!

Also pushed the button on this, probably see it for sale in a month again..... Hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭leCycliste

Also pushed the button on this, probably see it for sale in a month again..... Hope not.

Loads of Argos-Shimano cyclists wearing Diadora shoes in 2014......... le cycliste included!!!! Christ I need to stay away from this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

http://www.scienceinsport.com/ 40% off everything on the site today only, this is on top of any existing discount too. Free delivery if you use parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Pulled the trigger on a pair of diadora shoes went with 44 as take that in shimano so hope there fine very confusing with all the conflicting reports from other posters on size problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Very good prices on Skins at CRC

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Wizoom

This rack any good, you reckon? Massive discount.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FSMI5000R/minoura-5000r-alloy-rear-pannier-rack

Also curious if anyone bought this? https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=70598 It's back on sale.

Pulled the trigger on a pair of diadora shoes went with 44 as take that in shimano so hope there fine very confusing with all the conflicting reports from other posters on size problems

They should be fine, mine were and I'm 44 in both. The diadoras are ever so slightly larger but they should be near enough perfect on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

fran426ft wrote: »
    Garmin Edge 800 Touchscreen GPS Bike Computer Performance Bundle £209.99 on Amazon

This one is a no-brainer. I'd defo buy it asap if I didn't have one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Muckers wrote: »
    Garmin Edge 800 Touchscreen GPS Bike Computer Performance Bundle £209.99 on Amazon.

Just bought one. Thanks for the heads up fran426ft

Same here - thanks for the info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

Alek wrote: »
    This one is a no-brainer. I'd defo buy it asap if I didn't have one :D

Thanks for the heads up fran

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement