Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Long range forecast for the winter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I've seen a few sites with a similar story to the below
    http://www.theladbible.com/news/news-uk-could-be-set-to-have-the-coldest-winter-in-decades-20180922?c=1537608713788
    Does it have any credibility or is it way to far away to predict??

Simple answer is no , James madden put out this forecast don't believe a word he says he is a money grabbing chancer. I don't even think he is a qualified meteorologist,shuned by most if not all meteorologist.
    A couple of years ago there was talk of a independent meteorologist group been set up in the uk just to distances themselves from him.
    Don't know if it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Anything on The Lad Bible needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt. It is the ultimate click bait site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

https://lovin.ie/news/snow-stormy-weather

Another forecast predicting the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭xabi

How is that a forecast?

Quote: The weather chief is confident we will be seeing snow this winter in Ireland, but "we don't know when"

That happens every year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm not sure James Madden / Exacta Weather have ever given a winter forecast that isn't 3 months of snow.

The UK Met I think are going with a dry winter but forget where I read it so might have been tabloid bull too.
    xabi wrote: »
    How is that a forecast?

Quote: The weather chief is confident we will be seeing snow this winter in Ireland, but "we don't know when"

That happens every year

They must have annoyed her with snow questions and she gave them that which they jumped on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Ah James Madden - he who has forecasted horrendous snow for the past 10 year....

.... Except this year!!!!

But the hysterical media will still peddle his name because he gives them the sensationalist headline. Doesn't matter that it's made up nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Only the Donegal postman is reliable. This year he said ' the older folks always said 'if there's a very cold winter, with an East wind, you'll have a good Summer's

2018 is a case in point. Forget the lad Bible and head straight for Dun na nGall.

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Red berries on the Holly already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Madden is a disgrace to his so called profession

Advertisement