Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3 mobile doube NAT

• 10-07-2020 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Been using 3 mobile for years and just noticed that i was unable to access my vpn today.

Upon investigation it looks like three are now double Nating so no more port forwarding.

Anyone else seeing this?

Screenshot from my router
    V6kGBEN.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You need to specify, which package/APN etc?

There's always been CNAT on the handset packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

ED E wrote: »
    You need to specify, which package/APN etc?

There's always been CNAT on the handset packages.
    Thanks for the response

Using 3 mobile pay as you go (€20 euro a month deal) and using the APN "internet". I have always used the same package and that was never before double natted. Not sure on the APN as that auto populates from the network.

Also tried APN "3internet" and same result.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There was another post about 1.5-2 months ago with a similar situation.

I'm on the same plan, have always been on a 10dot. There was a suspicion in the last thread that it was a legacy area that had just been upgrade/migrated. Id say thats fairly likely whats happened to you. TBH its fair for a mobile based plan thats cheap and unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058079226

on "3Internet" 4G and IP's i get 92.251 , 178.167 , 31.200, 80.233 since May when i changed it to

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

ED E wrote: »
    There was another post about 1.5-2 months ago with a similar situation.

I'm on the same plan, have always been on a 10dot. There was a suspicion in the last thread that it was a legacy area that had just been upgrade/migrated. Id say thats fairly likely whats happened to you. TBH its fair for a mobile based plan thats cheap and unlimited.

In my case it only happened in the last week. Thanks for confirming.

At least it is an easy work around to restore access.

• Advertisement
Advertisement