Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

pandaa wrote: »
    Twitter team said should get it today

I meant as in, they got it after 4 pm last Wednesday. I am hoping that they are still sending them out today. Please put the time you receive the text at in your post.

Still waiting here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

Raoul wrote: »
    I meant as in, they got it after 4 pm last Wednesday. I am hoping that they are still sending them out today. Please put the time you receive the text at in your post.

Received my code today at 2.15pm.

Ordered my Vodafone sim last Monday (eir sim) number was ported on Wednesday and registered on app the same day. Received Vodafone sim on Friday, topped up used data text and call.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

okidoki987 wrote: »
    That's interesting.
    Same day as I ordered and I was told on Saturday on Live Chat that as I hadn't ported my number over before the 23rd (couldn't as didn't get the Sim until 24th), I wasn't able to avail of the offer :confused:.

I got onto Live Chat yesterday and explained (again :rolleyes:) about my order to a new staff member.
    Got a reply back to say, I would be able to get the Buds when the number was ported over as I had ordered the Sim on the 22nd.
    Currently waiting for 3 Sim to port over today and we'll see after that but better off now than I was a week ago. :).
    If I don't get a code now, there will be words, LARGE WORDS! ;)

lenoude wrote: »
    Ordered my sim Thursday and received it today. Is it worth topping up, or will the offer not apply to my port now?

I ordered SIM same day last week.
    Got in 24th and was told it was over but contacted them again yesterday and this time was told it would be okay.
    Get onto Live Chat and make sure you push that you ordered the SIM on the 22nd, took 6 days to arrive :eek: and at that stage the end date was 30th for porting over before they changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

contacted twitter support again and they keep telling me that i switched plans and im ineligible, even though im a new customer and ported directly to the vodafone x plan?

I then contacted live chat and then they tell me i'll definitely receive the code today? Absolute joke of a customer support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Just got the code 14.25.
    Thanks OP.
    Got an post tracking number, hopefully I'll have them tomorrow.
    Thanks again OP

JamesRLS wrote: »
    contacted twitter support again and they keep telling me that i switched plans and im ineligible, even though im a new customer and ported directly to the vodafone x plan?

I then contacted live chat and then they tell me i'll definitely receive the code today? Absolute joke of a customer support

Sounds like nobody in the company has any idea of what's going on.
    Different departments telling you different things, sounds familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 watchman.ie

After getting the new sim, registered & topped up on the 19th, on to them today, told to wait the full 14 days from porting before receiving a code!!! I think they are stalling....
    :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Raoul wrote: »

14.1 text received

started process thursday eve

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Legion2008

I requested a SIM, received it next day and my number was ported over (it was a spare SIM I had).

So the vodafone sim works, receives calls, can make calls but I can't register the number for MyVodafone as it says it hasn't ported over properly. Systems seem quite a mess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

Was registering the sim on MyVodafone part of the t&c for this offer. I thought not!!
    Legion2008 wrote: »
    I requested a SIM, received it next day and my number was ported over (it was a spare SIM I had).

So the vodafone sim works, receives calls, can make calls but I can't register the number for MyVodafone as it says it hasn't ported over properly. Systems seem quite a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

any updates on who has gotten the code? I still havent gotten anything....

Here's my experience from last week.

- Ordered an Eir sim
    - Registered the sim when it arrived
    - Tested the sim to make sure it was working
    - Used the sim to order a Vodafone sim with this offer
    - Vodafone sim arrived but wasn't ported
    - Decided to wait 48 hours to see if it would port
    - Contacted Vodafone after 48 hours
    - Was told number had failed to port due to a missing MSISDN number, even though I was not asked to supply one
    - Instructed to try process again by ordering another Vodafone sim with the same Eir number
    - Tried to do this but kept getting an error on final step of order, likely due to the fact that I was trying to start another port with the same number
    - Decided to try again completely from scratch by ordering a new Eir sim in case it was the Eir sim that was at fault
    - Ordered an Eir sim
    - Gave it 48 hours to port
    - Was told sim didn't fail but instead port hadn't been attempted yet. Said they would escalate it and it would be ported within 24 hours
    - After 24 hours, number was not ported and contacted Vodafone
    - Was told number had failed to port again
    - Instructed to try process again by ordering another Vodafone sim with the same Eir number
    - Made this exact face
    https://media1.tenor.com/images/f1981664ba9d53c7aa52b6c3bd8508ed/tenor.gif

Gave up at that point. God forbid those who legitimately want to switch to Vodafone. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I am ready to wait till next wednesday ������������������

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

JamesRLS wrote: »
    any updates on who has gotten the code? I still havent gotten anything....

Nope; nothing through here today for me.
    My port went through Monday (10 days ago) but I only got my sim on Wednesday last week so only made my first call that day (to activate it).
    I contacted chat online last Friday and they checked my port date and said I should wait for my code but that I am eligible.
    In reality I expected to get the code today because everything seemed grand but - I dunno.
    Maybe next week (I doubt it'll be later today) :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Getting annoyed now, still nothing here.

It's all as clear as mud.

Here's my experience from last week.

- Ordered an Eir sim
    - Decided to wait 48 hours to see if it would port
    - Was told number had failed to port due to a missing MSISDN number, even though I was not asked to supply one
    - Tried to do this but kept getting an error on final step of order, likely due to the fact that I was trying to start another port with the same number
    - Decided to try again completely from scratch by ordering a new Eir sim in case it was the Eir sim that was at fault
    - Ordered an Eir sim
    - Gave it 48 hours to port
    - Was told sim didn't fail but instead port hadn't been attempted yet. Said they would escalate it and it would be ported within 24 hours
    - After 24 hours, number was not ported and contacted Vodafone
    - Was told number had failed to port again
    - Made this exact face
    https://media1.tenor.com/images/f1981664ba9d53c7aa52b6c3bd8508ed/tenor.gif

Gave up at that point. God forbid those who legitimately want to switch to Vodafone. :pac:

Surely everybody is doing that? :rolleyes:

Have to say with what's been said last few pages, not 100% confident they will deliver on what they said.

So only one person got it today ? I am putting pressure in twitter now

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

So only one person got it today ? I am putting pressure in twitter now

About 4 people on here got the code today.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

Got my code at 14:19, I'm not sure of my exact order date, think I started the process around the 15th but only topped up last Wednesday the 21st. Cheers OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Got a code today. Order just put thru.

Ordered port on the 16th. Topped up last Wednesday when the sim arrived but I didn't send a text til that evening so no code til today. No idea what time it was sent, phone had been off. I'd been in touch via twitter during the week and been told to expect a code.

Update: Dispatched today! Thanks again OP!

Well this is interesting. Applied for the offer last Wednesday (I think this was the last day of the offer due to the revised dates), but only received my SIM yesterday.

I contacted Vodafone to see whether I would get a code for the buds if I topped up, or if the offer had ended. They told me that my number is valid, and that if I top up with €20 today, I will receive the code for the buds next Wednesday, the 4th of November.

What do I have to lose (apart from €20 :D)?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Well this is interesting. Applied for the offer last Wednesday (I think this was the last day of the offer due to the revised dates), but only received my SIM yesterday.

I contacted Vodafone to see whether I would get a code for the buds if I topped up, or if the offer had ended. They told me that my number is valid, and that if I top up with €20 today, I will receive the code for the buds next Wednesday, the 4th of November.

What do I have to lose (apart from €20 :D)?

Your sanity until the code arrives😄😄

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Can anyone confirm if I order a SIM now can I avail of this offer? Terms and conditions suggest I would have had to have moved last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

JackCDSt wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if I order a SIM now can I avail of this offer? Terms and conditions suggest I would have had to have moved last week?

Nobody knows for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

DopeTech wrote: »
    Nobody knows for certain.

I would say T&C apply and they can always introduce a new one.

You are playing a lotto. Here odds are in your favor.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They told me yesterday that the cut off date was the 23rd, you had to have ported and topped up by then.

Good old lord --- Thanks for this miracle

Hi Sally,
    Thanks for flagging. I can see he requested to port on 9thOctober but his number didn’t activate on the network until 22nd. Due to this, as his network was 48/Tesco, the system thought he ported after 16thand he didn’t appear on our reports as 48/Tesco ports were excluded from 17th.
    I am pleased to be able to provide this customer with a code: **********
    Thanks,"

ordered the buds !! Thank all and good luck !

EDIT: Its a manual process where they get a report on wednesday so keep on it and they will include you !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Where did you contact them to get that helpful reply, I'm banging my head off wall with live chat.

• Advertisement

Where did you contact them to get that helpful reply, I'm banging my head off wall with live chat.

Twitter !!

Advertisement