Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cell Tower ID

• 28-09-2020 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Would anybody know which tower this is? It's for the purpose of installing a directional antenna.

I can't for the life of me find any reference to it in any of the apps, including in opencellid. My phone is not picking up the same device as my broadband router so I can't get a directional. According to siteviewer.comreg.ie it and checking LOS for the towers there are at least 3 possibilities but as I said my phone never connects to the same device as my 4G router. The ID on the comreg.ie site has no correlation with the ID your device picks up, short of driving around to each I'm out of ideas.

It's cell id 47219422 just south of Gort.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

47akak wrote: »
    Would anybody know which tower this is? It's for the purpose of installing a directional antenna.

I can't for the life of me find any reference to it in any of the apps, including in opencellid. My phone is not picking up the same device as my broadband router so I can't get a directional. According to siteviewer.comreg.ie it and checking LOS for the towers there are at least 3 possibilities but as I said my phone never connects to the same device as my 4G router. The ID on the comreg.ie site has no correlation with the ID your device picks up, short of driving around to each I'm out of ideas.

It's cell id 47219422 just south of Gort.
    Knowing ISP would help
    Have look on cellmapper, run it if can
    See through https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058108136
    other similar threads

Advertisement