Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golden Disc Bargain DVDs

• 15-08-2003 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

They are doing great deals on DVDs,
    Robert De Niro collection - Heat, Goodfellas and Deer Hunter
    Only 14.95,
    absolute bargain for 3 classics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Picked it up in HMV lately for around the same price. Bargain.

Just FYI though: there are special editions of the three movies coming out relatively soon AFAIK so some people may want to wait for those (Deer Hunter Spec ed is already out, not in this set though). Bargain at the price though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Deer hunter is ****. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo long + boring.

Its like watching 2 different films. The build up of 1 hr is unbelieveable and unneccessary. Then it just goes as if they are thrown into the Vietnam war.
    1 min there all partying, getting married, then suddenly der in a war. Its complete ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by sceptre
    Just FYI though: there are special editions of the three movies coming out relatively soon AFAIK so some people may want to wait for those (Deer Hunter Spec ed is already out, not in this set though). Bargain at the price though.

Didn't know that, cheers. I'll wait for Goodfellas Sp Ed instead of having to get up half way through the movie to turn it over - the dreaded flippers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Seems Golden Discs have quite a few DVDs on sale. Just picked up 'Platoon' yesterday for €10!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by SteM
    Didn't know that, cheers. I'll wait for Goodfellas Sp Ed instead of having to get up half way through the movie to turn it over - the dreaded flippers!
    Really annoying that. Stopped me buying Amadeus until the director's cut came out. Warner and their "no, we don't think dual layer discs will work" attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

I'm guessing they said that because layer change was more noticable back in the early days of DVD?

The whole idea of 'flippers' was ridiculous - 'here's you favourite movie, with great sound and picture, just like being in the cinema..... except that you have to turn in over half way through'. :rolleyes:

Advertisement