Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheapest beer in Dublin..?

Options
  • 18-06-2003 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

In your local Molloys Off Licence.

Not short dated, no idea for how long they'll have em, but hey it's a good price.

Note, I don't work for Molloys, but I do feel i should have shares in them by now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

There is a better offer in O'Brien's offlicences if you have one near you. Rolling Rock bottles for 1eur each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

500ml cans of Baveria (4.3%) selling for 1 euro in sandymount village.

Anyone know of cheaper beer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Seen a ad this week that Tescos where doing 24 bottles of fosters for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Lidl have 500 ml cans of excelsoir or something for 3.79 for 4 (4.2%)

Don't know of anywhere cheaper than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Biere D'Or (sp?) 20 bottles (25cl) €8.82 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

yep had the biere d'or for 8.82 great value..but the 30 bottle they had a while back for €13 was great as well(now i couldn't be bothered doing the math but 30 bottles was great)
    They also did 24 btls of Carlsberg export(5%) for €22..excelent!!
    Not sure what current special is but tesco always does a good offer.
    Not sure if they ever beat Aldi/Lidl but seeing as i'm not close to either i can't comment.

Alrighty Neil_Sedaka, think ill do my bulk buying in Lidl in future.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Superquinn aren't that bad for the bottles of bud
    10 bottles for 10 euro,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭patch

I got 24+6 free in dunnes for12.99.
    French blond beer.
    Damned nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Not directly relevant, but just as a corollary to the cheap beer details you're posting, at 3.30 yesterday afternoon I paid €10 for 2 pints of Heineken in the Cafe en Seine.

Obscene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dunnes Smirnoff Ice for the ladies 6 bottles for €8 is superb(althought if im drunk and drink 2 bottles of that at the end of the night or morning i dont get a hangover ,beats pint of water when you pissed).
    Finches Off licence Dutch Gold 6 for €5 if your feeling cheap ( i am not responsible for anyone killed whilst going in there).

Anyone know where to get pint bottles of Bulmers cheapish ?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

tescos in rathfarnam....
    95c a can of tesco's homebrand beer!

Yellow cans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

Last time I checked...student special!

METEOR in Oddbins, Churchtown EUR 14 for a crate! Whoopah!

However, the quality is comparable to the mobile company bearing the same name.

Look out for MooseHead, sometimes as low as EUR20 for a crate, but it's tasty stuff and a mean 5% to boot.

RC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Tesco's doing cases of Staropramen longnecks for €24, which is half price.

A seriously good czech pilsner if you didn't know:D ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

Scuttlebutt on the radio has it that its 20 yo for a case of Miller in Dunnes...

anyone verify?

RC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

This is a very useful thread.

Pints are 2.30 in the Chocolate Bar at the end of Harcourt St (Dublin) during the week until 8.30pm

Keep 'em coming.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

On sat night the pints are 2.30 from 8pm till 10pm in the choclate bar(part of the redbox) cocktails are 2 for 1 also

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

I have to put in a plug for my personal favourite:

Superquinn's Euroshopper beer.

Normally I wouldn't touch gereric beer with a barge pole but this stuff is a really tasty continental style beer - similar to Becks and far far better than the usual tat that passes for lager in Ireland.

And the best bit is that it's only €0.99 for a 500ml tin in your local Superquinn. (Price taken from www.superquinn.ie on 21/7/2003)

The only problem is - my wife is embarrassed to have it about the house so we have to keep in a few can's of Heineken for visitors!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Mad Mike
    Normally I wouldn't touch gereric beer with a barge pole but this stuff is a really tasty continental style beer - similar to Becks and far far better than the usual tat that passes for lager in Ireland.
    May well give that a try - thanks for the headsup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

Dunnes in the Square Tallaght today ,

Case of 24 Bottles Miller , €27 squid ,

Not bad since its nearly a fiver in a pub

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

tesco currently doing Kronenbourg 1664
    €27 for 24 bottles

not the cheapest deal but is very nice beer.

The cheapest beer I can find now is Biere D'Or from Tescos. French Beer. Comes in boxes of 20 25cl bottles for about 8.70euro. The equivalent of 87c per 500ml can.
    Its 4% and grand to get wånkered on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I realise this probably doesn't help much, but in LA you can get 18 bottles of Miller for 9 euro, compared to 6 bottles for that price in any off licence here - don't ya just love living in rip-off Ireland!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

Mr. Flibble that stuff is class!
    went and bought it last night and would recommend to anyone!
    dirt cheap and tastes grand - only thing is that it is 4%....
    still real cheap! :-)

Advertisement