Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Interdepartmental HEO Competition 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 botharbui

is the next stage aptitude? does everyone who applied get called for aptitude stage? or is it based on application form, who is called?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

botharbui wrote: »
    is the next stage aptitude? does everyone who applied get called for aptitude stage? or is it based on application form, who is called?

Yes, everyone that applied will have a chance to take an online aptitude test between the 4-8 April (I think those are the dates), there will then be shortlisting of all the candidates that passed the online test, from here the successful candidates that passed shortlisting will be invited to the supervised tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ichkommwieder

carnie wrote: »
    Yes, everyone that applied will have a chance to take an online aptitude test between the 4-8 April (I think those are the dates), there will then be shortlisting of all the candidates that passed the online test, from here the successful candidates that passed shortlisting will be invited to the supervised tests.

I arrange ONE holiday this year, and when do they open the online tests? Inconsiderate feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Really?? There hasn't been any talk of HEOs replacing roles previously held by inspectors in galway as far as I'm aware. Would really up the vacancies if they did
    The new divisional model that's running in mayo is supposed to be going nationwide. 6 hubs in each division with a HEO in each hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

Will the Divisional EOs in AGS be replaced by HEOs? That would seem a likely one. Presume if those existing in the role don't apply/aren't successful in HEO competition, they'll be shifted to another EO role? Or can they do that, ie take a portfolio someone's who's being doing for years and give it to a new HEO?
    I know they changed the Staff Officer role to EO going back but I wouldn't imagine they could just bump the Divisional EO to Divisional HEOs.
    What other existing EO role in AGS will likely be changed to HEO or is it only Garda roles they're planning to replace with HEOs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kittykat6

Surely they can't do that! I'd say what's likely to happen is there will be a Heo over all Eo's and Co's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Kittykat6 wrote: »
    Surely they can't do that! I'd say what's likely to happen is there will be a Heo over all Eo's and Co's

+1

There wouldn't be any promotion of the EOs to the HEO roles- without going through the whole promotional gamut- as it would lead to knock-on claims for upgrading in other Departments/offices/sectors

Unfortunately- it also means that pre-existing EOs would not necessarily any longer have staff reporting directly to them / be responsible for PMDS etc- which would have a knock-on effect on their staff management skills if/when they go for promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Has anyone any links to practice online tests they would kindly like to share ?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

WAW wrote: »
    Will the Divisional EOs in AGS be replaced by HEOs? That would seem a likely one. Presume if those existing in the role don't apply/aren't successful in HEO competition, they'll be shifted to another EO role? Or can they do that, ie take a portfolio someone's who's being doing for years and give it to a new HEO?
    I know they changed the Staff Officer role to EO going back but I wouldn't imagine they could just bump the Divisional EO to Divisional HEOs.
    What other existing EO role in AGS will likely be changed to HEO or is it only Garda roles they're planning to replace with HEOs?

HEO’s under the Divisional Policing Model head up Admin Functions, ie a Finance HEO, a HEO over HR and we have one HEO in the Governance Hub, this may be increased to two. I suppose it would be a significant number of HEO’s if/when the DPM is rolled out across the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

WAW wrote: »

If Garda HR can get away it they probably would as the tend to make up their own rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

If Garda HR can get away it they probably would as the tend to make up their own rules.

I think someone mentioned Mayo earlier where the Divisional model is being trialled. Could be wrong but I'm sure I read that they had put HEO/s in there who took over Div EO role or at least elements of it, like finance. Maybe it was Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

I wonder will the familiarisation material come through soon as indicitive dates for stage one was end of next week I think

• Registered Users Posts: 14 derryleigh1

Not sure if the following is helpful to anyone, but if the DPM pilot is successful, it looks there's going to be many more EO and HEO vacancies in Garda Stations over theh next few years.

4 divisions in the country are pilots for the new DPM which officially begins on 1 April for one year, even though its been gradually introduced over the past 2 years. There's four sections contained in the DPR, Governance, Administration, Crime and Community Engagement. Administration section is completely made up of garda staff.

Due to the DPM Cork city has seen a massive increase in COs and EOs. Its also has new HR HEO, a Finance HEO and a Governance HEO, plus an AP.

HEOs are not taking over the divisional EO role, however, parts of the Divisional EO's work, eg leave, finance, divisional Garda Statf, etc was transferred to either HR or Finance section.

Apparently, in Cork City, when the Divisional Sergeant is promoted (shortly) the role will be taken up by the Divisional EO, supported by the Divisional CO. No sign of a Divisional HEO.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭LordBasil

Pre-Test info issued. Tests issue by 4th April, to be completed 1pm 9th April.

3 Tests;
    Verbal
    Numerical
    Management Scenarios

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kittykat6

I dont like the format of the tests ��

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I haven't seen them yet.
    Are they different to the last 2 competitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Addle wrote: »
    I haven't seen them yet.
    Are they different to the last 2 competitions?

No, they are using Cut-e again, which were the providers for the last couple of HEO comps.

They're handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭boccers

Has anyone tried the sample tests yet? The first two were fine but the management scenario one opened a PDF and clicking the answer didn't workand there was no option to go any further. This happen anyone else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

boccers wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the sample tests yet? The first two were fine but the management scenario one opened a PDF and clicking the answer didn't workand there was no option to go any further. This happen anyone else?

Yea I think it's literally just there to show you what it will look like.
    Not an actual practice test

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Arghhhhh hate the tests!!! I knew they were coming- but I still hate them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

So the Verbal and Numerical practice tests tell you how many you got correct or incorrect but they won't tell you which ones are which. Utterly pointless! Surely this can't just be me, right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

cosmic wrote: »
    So the Verbal and Numerical practice tests tell you how many you got correct or incorrect but they won't tell you which ones are which. Utterly pointless! Surely this can't just be me, right?!

yep thats correct. its stupid really. you got x right but we wont tell you which ones....same as the last heo comp.. i tried them today and couldnt believe how rustly i had got since the last time even though they are more or less the same genre of test provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭De Danann

I hope the tests issue today. I have the day off work and nobody is at home so it'd be the perfect time to do them.

It's going to be rather difficult if they don't come out until Thursday and then trying to find a quiet moment at home over the weekend!

De Danann wrote: »
    I hope the tests issue today. I have the day off work and nobody is at home so it'd be the perfect time to do them.

It's going to be rather difficult if they don't come out until Thursday and then trying to find a quiet moment at home over the weekend!

I highly doubt they will issue before Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Has anyone got any good aptitude tests links similar to familirisation material they coukd share . Im on maternity & totally out of the loop so need all help i can get ! 🀥

speedygirl wrote: »
    Has anyone got any good aptitude tests links similar to familirisation material they coukd share . Im on maternity & totally out of the loop so need all help i can get ! ��

I think there is some cut e style ones on jobtestprep.co.um

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

I think there is some cut e style ones on jobtestprep.co.um

has anyone purchased ?or it it worth it ? The E Cut one does not seem to have many numerical tests and loads of other tests we would not use... thoughts ???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MISECT

Hi guys in relation ti policy it is not compulsory to put something in for this if you have no experience. My colleague showed me her HEO form where the policy section was left blank it did not hinder her in the slightest she is now HEO. Hope this helps.

speedygirl wrote: »
    has anyone purchased ?or it it worth it ? The E Cut one does not seem to have many numerical tests and loads of other tests we would not use... thoughts ???

I haven't used them myself as I never actually get around to practising bedore hand haha they were just previously recommended to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Got the test link there.
    It's a bit weird that the test window opens tomorrow but we have the link now?
    I thought in the past once you had the link you could start them immediately.

Advertisement